Rate Dr. Luc Monette

Dr. Luc Monette's Ratings

Fantastic doctor! Very efficient and always friendly. Can ask any question you like and will speak with you in English or French, no issueS!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Monette for several years. It has always been a great experience. He is always in good humour and will answer any of your questions and concerns. When I finally had my surgery at the Gatineau hospital it wasn't a terrible experience but the staff at the hospital are uncaring and in my opinion useless. The hospital gave me a time to be there and I was not in the operation room until 3 hours after the time alI was to arrive, not sure if this was normal. After I came from the operation room the nurses seemed preoccupied with their outside lives, my boyfriend did more that they ever even offered. No one came to see how I was feeling, not once was I asked if I felt okay after the surgery! This is a bit ridiculous. Matter being in recovery for over three hours we had to ask when to leave! I had a very minor surgery with no complications. Also, as previously mentioned by someone else I too found the anesthesiologist to be rude! Great doctor/baffled hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Jai eu une operation 2 semaines passe pour enlever un kiss de 5 cm dans ma glande tyoride. Il a enlever la glande + le kiss en operation a lhopital de gatineau. Vraiment excellent chirurgien. Ma coupure dans mon cou est belle, tres mince et sa guerit bien. Loperation etait plus dure que ce quon mavait dit mais je ne regrette pas. Encore une fois excellent chirurgien, encouragent et professionnel.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1637354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

Dr Monette est une perle rare considérant le contexte difficile qui prévaut dans notre région au niveau du manque de spécialistes. Il m'a supporté avant, après la chirurgie et tout au long de ma période d'invalidité.Excellent chirugien et extrêmement sensible au besoin individuel des patients. Toujours de bonne humeur, il inspire confiance.Il nous donne l'heure juste et sait ou nous référer pour une prise en charge professionnelle.Merci pour tout.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Found out I had thyroid cancer. First appt. he didn't have all test sent to him on time. Second appt told me my results were half positif after I was told I had cancer. He would only really know when it was tested in surgery and then 1 week later after surgery in the lab. Did a vocal check on me that he had trouble putting the tool down my nose. I said are you having trouble he said you are not going to be the first after 19 years of doing this to get this down. He was joking I think but he hurt me. When I went home after a few hours I had a full blown cold and still have it. I don't know if it's from the tool he used or the nose spray that infected me. I tried to call the hospital and his office but no answer. He was getting ready for xmas holidays when I saw him. Having surgery in new year. Not too sure about this even though he gave me the time of day to discuss things.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2011

He was very thorough in his explanation of my Septoplasty, I had major concerns and he made sure to address them, which is rare to find amongst practitioners these days. He did a great job with the surgery, two years alter its still ok and it was in very bad shape. Healed quickly. However, the staff at the hospital in Gatineau that prepped me for the surgery and during were not great. I mean the person giving anasthesia telling me my blood pressure was high and did I know that.... I'm going into surgery you fool! But Dr. Monette was great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637351].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

Tres peu à l'office. N'écoute pas ses patients. J'ai eu 3 visites + une opération avec ce "Spécialist" et le problème persist toujours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2011

Je suis allée 2 fois le voir jusqu'a date et je n'ai pas encore de solution qui fonctionne et je ne me suis pas écouté les 2 fois encore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2011

I found Dr. Monette to be self sufficient, arrogant and not listening to what his patient is saying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

J'ai été opérée pour les amygdales par ce médecin, lors de la consultation il n'a pas pris beaucoup de temps avec moi mais il a été sympathique. Suite à l'opération il ne m'a pas rempli de formule pour mon employeur et je dois donc me déplacer malgré ma douleur et les médicaments très forts que je dois prendre..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1637347].votes_count ]]