Rate Dr. John Fitzsimons

Dr. John Fitzsimons's Ratings

Fantastic Doctor even though he overbooks & is rushed most of the time. Always takes my concerns/opinions into account when diagnosing instead of brushing me off like most walk-in doctors in the area. I like that he will refer you without a hassle if you have further concerns. (Bradford Office)

Submitted June 29, 2011 | flag

Dr Fitzsimmons always takes the time to listen and that is why you may end up having to wait your turn. You can tell that he really cares about his patients. He has been a great support to me at a very difficult time in my life. You will not find many family doctors who will take the time to attend to your mental health on top of your physical well being.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

He is a very popular doctor and has been in the area for over 20 years. He works both in Bradford and in Aurora. John is worth the wait. He is kind, never says no, and will give you clarification if needed. He sends people for tests and to other doctors who specialize in certain areas. My wife works in the medical field and its very stressful. I do not agree blaming his staff for the wait times, as they are only doing what they are told. Some are more personable then others but always pleasant. Blame our government for making medical school almost impossible to get into .! Its not easy to deal with so many patients and amount of work they do behind the scenes incredible.

Submitted March 3, 2010 | flag

He's very rushed... but that's becuase the walk in clinic he works out of is packed to the rafters. He makes tremendous effort in trying to explain exactly what is wrong with you and why. He takes notes as he's explaining things and gives them to you when he's done. Perhaps his most amazing attribute is he tends to remember exactly what you discussed your previous visit...I barely remember myself, and I'm not talking about after checking his notes on the computer either. Overall great doctor... compassionate, open minded, knowledgeable and most important he's honest and critical of his own profession at times ...a refreshing change to what I have gotten used to. I'm starting to hold doctors in high esteem once more. Thnx Doc!!!!

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Fitzsimons for over 20 years. He is kind, compassionate, and listens well. He will refer you to a specialist if necessary. His only fault is he is not often punctual. I have been left sitting for long periods of time, past my appointment time, in his waiting room.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2010 | flag

Dr Fitzsimons is a very caring, clever doctor. He may be rushed but he knows his stuff. Considering how busy he is, his staff do a great job- very helpful. There have been times when I have been to his walk-in clinic and there has only been one person working for him- with so much going on travel, walk-in and family patients. His staff do a very good job and they are very helpful. I wish he would take me on as one of his patients.

Submitted Dec. 12, 2009 | flag

my doctor for 20+yrs he is not the doctor he use to be, too many patients, doesnt spend the time with you.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2009 | flag

Dr. Fitzsimons has been our family physician for over 20 years. Recently, he has helped tremendously in showing us exactly what is wrong with our daughter, explaining everything very clearly when the specialist basically looked at the MRI report and said to wait it out. We are glad to have him as our physician.

Submitted Oct. 19, 2009 | flag

I find this dr. to be very rushed. Explains things very fast, sometimes hard to understand what he is telling you. If you do ask him to clarify, he will take the time to explain. He is very knowledgable about medications. I find the staff to be somewhat helpful, wait times are always long. Overall dr. fitzsimons is a good doctor.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2009 | flag

GOOD DOCTOR TOO MANY PATIENTS TOO BUSY ALL THE TIME ALWAYS RUSHED AND IN A HURRY. DOCTOR SHOULD HIRE EXTRA HELP,SEEMS LIKE HE IS RUNNING A RACE WHEN YOUR IN THERE OTHER THAN THAT HE IS EXCELLENT IN ALL RESPECTS.

Submitted June 4, 2009 | flag