Rate Dr. David Michael Alessi

Dr. David Michael Alessi's Ratings

Finally I can breath easily and I have Dr. David Alessi to thank for this. While I was having elective surgery to my nose, he was able to repair the deviated septum which was causing me so much trouble with breathing. I am astounded at the previous review to mine that makes such egregious comments about the good doctor. I find it hard to believe that any of it is true. He had a packed waiting room with patients waiting to see him. Sure I had to wait a bit, but sometimes waiting for the BEST is well worth it.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

This guy represents fast talking, money oriented, hype! For me, he has been an invitation to surgery gone wrong. I regret the day I ever met him and I placed my face and trust under his care. He persuaded me to have work done that was not my original intention. My face became disfigured. He wanted to operate further, but instead, I preferred a refund for what had not yet been done and what had been damaged. Not only have I not received a refund but he refused post operative care. None of this was covered by insurance. Alessi did not give me a straight answer about what was actually done and how. After getting second opinions I found that he was clearly not honest with me about certain important things; apparently assuming that I would be naive. When I confronted him he was clearly dishonest. I would never have expected an MD to behave this way. I hope someday he has to become truly accountable for what he tries to get away with!

Submitted Feb. 22, 2014 | flag

I was particularly interested in Dr. Alessi at the Alessi Institute and his method. I did my research of doctors in the area of Beverly Hills and found him to one of the best for my neck enhancement. Kudos to Dr. Alessi for addressing the problem.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

Excellent Doctor--spends time answering your concerns. Md.s I know love him!

Submitted April 13, 2011 | flag

I waited over two hours with a staff that did not give updates or explain why. I felt they were flighty and rude and couldn't have cared less how long I waited. Horrible.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2010 | flag

At my first appointment, he was two hours late because he was in a meeting. He did some examinations of my nose and throat and prescribed a sleep study. I disagreed with some off his prognosis based on my attempt for ten years to fix my sinuses. After the sleep study, he gave me a cat scan and wanted to perform surgery for deviated septum and sleep apnea. He was all wrong about my sleep study. The tech said that I did not have apnea, and that I did not sleep with the c-pap. Alessi said the opposite after reviewing a sheet for ten seconds. I did not want another nose surgery since the first one did not fix my problem and I did not agree with him with anything now. Now, I have to pay over three grand because his staff did not tell me that he is not a provider of my insurance, Anthem Blue Cross. All that for two office visits.

Submitted Dec. 14, 2009 | flag

This is without the worst experience I have had so far! When I came into Dr. Alessi's office, I complained about dizziness at times & being light-headed. I asked if he could take my Blood pressure & was told that he did not have one in the office. He said: "Just go to BH Rite-Aid, there you can measure your Blood pressure for free!" You tell me - a SPECIALIST in 'ENT' and he can't take my Blood pressure? Shame on him!!! I also contacted my Ins. - United Healthcare & told them about my experience.

Submitted June 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Alessi is one of the worst doctors I have even been to, and thats alot to say because I come from a family of doctors (my dad is an MD) and know that making mistakes is inevitable. I had a simple tonsilectomy procedure. I was 25 years old and expected it to be difficult. AFter 1 year, I still feel rough scars in the back of my throat, and constant pain. I wish I never performed the surgery with him. Sometimes i just sit and cry because I cant tolerate the pain anymore. I went back to him a few times in the past year,not only did he brush off the situation as nothing, but kept charging my insurance and sending home the bills. It is ridiculous to pay for something where your doctor was at fault. His own associate in the office said he there's a piece of tonsil still left in my mouth.I heard he had a few cases per month where the surgeries go wrong.They say its because he performs the surgeries so fast.As well, his office staff was very rude and not understanding, Tnx for listening

Submitted Aug. 2, 2007 | flag

Very knowledgable. He gets to the root cause of the problem, and is current on the medications and surgeries to treat patients.

Submitted March 22, 2007 | flag

Dr. Alessi was fantastic. My General Doctor was on vacation and I got an ear infection (swimmer's ear). He saw me right away and was kind, knowledgable, and fixed me right up. I can't write enough good things about him or his staff.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2006 | flag