Rate Dr. Wayne Paprosky

Dr. Wayne Paprosky's Ratings

Dr. Paprosky is an outstanding physician and surgeon. His fellows are outstanding as well. Although my knee got infected after the initial replacement surgery, and I had to have two additional surgeries, I would do it all over again. He is a miracle worker.

Submitted May 22, 2013 | flag

I had lots of pain and stiffness in my right hip and left hip. In January I had surgery for a total hip replacement for my left hip and in June I had my right hip replaced. By September, I can honestly say I am so pleased with the outcome of having no pain and being able to have my life back again. It is so great to be able to enjoy each day now painfree! Dr. Paprosky is a very helpful kind doctor and is so competent at his field! I would highly recommend him!!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2012 | flag

I saw Dr Paprosky at the initial appointment. And 2 days after, he came into my room, said 10 rude words to me and turned and walked out. He did not even speak to my husband after the surgery. I only talked to the fellows despite much pain and problems after. Finally a broken femur was diagnosed and one of his partners operated on that. I was much more satisfied.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2012 | flag

I won't see anyone else for problems with a hip replacement. He is the most informative.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

An amazing experience. 2 weeks post op I was at target walking with one cane. Actually less than 2 weeks. Staff at Cdh were incredible. Best hospital experience I've ever had.The fellow working under paprosky were amazing. This dr. Is the best. Granted I am only 48, I would go back to paprosky is a heartbeat. I waited 2 hours to see him on my first visit, it was worth every second.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr.Paprosky replace my knee in 2001, and I have not had any problems or pain since.

Submitted July 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Popratzky is tops in my book! Hip replacement back in 10/2008 went great and continues to be pain-free, high quality of life for me as I near my 59th birthday!

Submitted March 19, 2011 | flag

Dr. Paprosky is a specialist. I am very happy with the results of my hip replacement surgery. However, I only saw him at the initial appointment. I am not sure he was even in the room during surgery (I never saw him, though he did speak with my husband after surgery). I only saw his residents and assistants. So, if that doesn't bother you, then Dr. Proprosky is the doctor for you. My other complaint is that there was some mixups and fall throughs with scheduling post surgery coumadin care, home health care, etc. because I had my surgery at Rush Medical Center in Chicago but saw the doctor in his Central DuPage Hospital. There is not the reciprocity you might expect between the two hospitals with the one doctor. Often I felt like I was on my own. I survived and my hip is great!

Submitted Oct. 8, 2009 | flag

Did a knee replacement and I have horrable pain. I am now with University of Chicago to fix his mistakes.

Submitted April 3, 2009 | flag

This is a very knowledgeable surgeon. He was able to fix a damaged hip for me that no other surgeon could have handled. (In my opinion)

Submitted Jan. 29, 2008 | flag