Rate Dr. Nabil Namis

Dr. Nabil Namis's Ratings

As caring and as knowledge as he is, nothing excuses the horrible wait time. I would rather have my appointment booked a week away then be told to come in the next day and wait for 4 hours. The ER moves faster than that. Completely inexcusable and the secretary is unapologetic, bordering on rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

He is such a kindhearted doctor. I believe he is one of few remaining doctors in this city that truly cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Namis for nearly a year now, and he seems to be a very caring man who tries his best to make you as comfortable as possible. I'll confirm outright that he does schedule 3-4 people per appointment slot, which makes the wait anywhere from 1.5-4 hours. That being said, he really doesn't take the time to read your file and familiarize himself with your case enough to be an effective doctor. I first came to him with midcycle bleeding, and was sent for an ultrasound that identified an endometrial polyp. He preformed a surgery to removed the poly, but post-op told me that they found nothing and it probably was dealt with naturally, and that everything should be okay. I came back to him two months later with the same recurring issues; while waiting in his office, I looked in my file and saw in the official post-op report that they did actually remove the polyp and send it for pathology (came back normal). His best idea for fixing my issues was to just switch me to different pills, but I'm now concerned that he either doesn't have the time/care enough to read my file to make an informed diagnosis/solution. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Namis if you are looking for effective medical care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

The only good thing about Dr.Namis is that he diagnosed my Endo after Dr.Rafla kept saying it was all in my head and I am thankful about the fact he caught my Endo and Dr.Rafla (wife is Dr.Reid Rafla anther bad Dr.) died sorry but my thought was he can't miss diagnose anyone else.
Other than that I would not go back ... when he did a Pap smear he did not use any lube and scraped my uterus with a wooden thing and when he did the internal same thing no lube and very rough I don't think he even used gloves YUCK.
When I was pregnant the first time the appointments we long 3-4 hours wait and I booked mine at 9am but what really got me was that I went into labour early and I had to go to his Dr's office he did an internal exam so rough that I was crawling off the bed and all he kept saying was hold still don't move.I was in tears I phoned my husband and mom it was terrible.

I have never gone back in fact when I got in the car accident while pregnant with our second child his office phoned me and I wasen't even his patient he wanted to see me and check me out I told them where to go that he wasen't touching me and I was not his patient which I don't understand to this day why he wanted to see me ??? and that was in 2005.

Either way he should not be in medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I was 5 months pregnant with my second child. I was refered to him as my own Dr was off on sick Leave. I am a diabetic my appointment was for 9am I was seen at 1pm. Th appointment was on the 6th floor of Guelph General. I was forced to sit on the floor as there were not enough chair's in the waiting area. The Dr schedules patients while he is on call at the hospital, this is like double dipping he is getting paid for his time at the hospital but is also getting paid on the side while seeing patients. I would prefer to go to his office with a scheduled appointment time so I dont have to wait 4 hours while he is doing his on call duties. He is not doing me any favours making me wait to be seen. Also at the hospital there is no reception just the phone on the wall. I picked up the phone and advised that I can't sit on the floor anymore and that I am leaving, then he saw me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2520083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

My experience with Dr. Namis - unprofessional, dishonourable, and disrespectful - echoes the College of Physicians and Surgeons (2011) http://cpso.on.ca/public-register/doctor-details.aspx?view=4&id=%2052321. I'm not the only one. Of others I spoke to, there was only one person with a favourable impression after very brief contact with him;people seemed to have very unusual experiences with him. Fortunately, I listened to my intuition. The diagnosis was wrong. He did not give me the information I needed to make an informed decision and attempted to rush me into surgery. Unprofessional comments only added to my unfavourable impression of him as a doctor. Personally, I'm only concerned about a doctor's bedside manner if it interferes in his ability to diagnose and treat - abrupt, inappropriate behaviour, or ignoring additional information that might inform his or her conclusions. http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/2783931-guelph-doctor-reprimanded-for-altering-a-patient-s-records/

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1644129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Be prepared to sit for hours only to be rushed through. The secretary is always being talked to negatively by the doctor. The usual wait time is 2-3 hours. I took my 3 year old and sat for 3 1/2 hours. There was a women with a five day old and she came in within a few minutes of when I did and was still waiting to see him when I left. He spent 6 minutes with me. His Doppler is old and I had to hold it inthe air for him to hear the heart rate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1644123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have been with Dr Namis for over 12 years. I have moved in between children so i have had the experience of another gynocologist as well. I have also had my one and only c-section from another doctor. I can say that through my experience and comparison that Dr Namis is #1. He was the only one (my doctor didn't do much to even try and help) that immediatly took action to get things figured out. HE CARED that i was having problems that shouldn't be. I have a hard time with any doctor who comes across insensitive or condescending especially after suffering from diffrent symptoms. I Think it is so important to have that with a doctor/gynocologist and with DR Namis you do! Everytime I have been (which is alote over time, he has never once shown anything other than that I am happy that i moved back and have him again he has already help me so much!....This to me is more important than the wait times

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1644128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

After spending a 2nd 4 hr wait for a surgery confirmation in the saddest, most desperate waiting area imaginable (complete with torn gynecological bed with dangling stirrups providing a central figure of gothic horror upon which to meditate), I left to get an appointment to the Women's Health Network, opting instead to meditate on the relative cheerfulness of public transport from Guelph to Toronto. Neither my GP nor the gyn in Toronto had heard of the diagnosis that Dr. Namis had given me on my 1st visit; the T.O. Gyn was able to perform a pelvic exam gentle enough to confirm her own findings even though I was still in substantial pain from the vigorous exam I had received at the hand of Dr. Namis. Yes, I had excessive bleeding during periods, but I was so far along in menopause that my chronic anemia would soon cease to be a problem. I went back to sitting on towels, and in about 6 months time I had my last period. Problem solved, ablation anneccessary, Namis deleted from cellphone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1644127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

All I'm going to say is this... at first I thought the wait times were really annoying and it was starting to get to me. Dr. Namis suspected (and NO other doctor did) my pain was coming from endometriosis...he peformed laproscopy...it went AMAZING. And he was bang-on. I had endometriosis, he got rid of it all and i am cured. I am soooo grateful for him, he caught this for me at a young age and i truly believe i would have never known if it wasnt for him. I will now proudly wait in his waiting room for how ever many hours, this doctor is my saviour (not to be dramatic but its the truth) and hes so caring and genuine. He IS worth the wait he DOES know what he's talking about and he truly cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1644126].votes_count ]]