Dr. Nabil Namis

Rate Dr. Nabil Namis

Dr. Nabil Namis's Ratings

My experience with Dr. Namis - unprofessional, dishonourable, and disrespectful - echoes the College of Physicians and Surgeons (2011) http://cpso.on.ca/public-register/doctor-details.aspx?view=4&id=%2052321. I'm not the only one. Of others I spoke to, there was only one person with a favourable impression after very brief contact with him;people seemed to have very unusual experiences with him. Fortunately, I listened to my intuition. The diagnosis was wrong. He did not give me the information I needed to make an informed decision and attempted to rush me into surgery. Unprofessional comments only added to my unfavourable impression of him as a doctor. Personally, I'm only concerned about a doctor's bedside manner if it interferes in his ability to diagnose and treat - abrupt, inappropriate behaviour, or ignoring additional information that might inform his or her conclusions. http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/2783931-guelph-doctor-reprimanded-for-altering-a-patient-s-records/

Submitted Dec. 20, 2013 | flag

Be prepared to sit for hours only to be rushed through. The secretary is always being talked to negatively by the doctor. The usual wait time is 2-3 hours. I took my 3 year old and sat for 3 1/2 hours. There was a women with a five day old and she came in within a few minutes of when I did and was still waiting to see him when I left. He spent 6 minutes with me. His Doppler is old and I had to hold it inthe air for him to hear the heart rate.

Submitted March 13, 2013 | flag

I have been with Dr Namis for over 12 years. I have moved in between children so i have had the experience of another gynocologist as well. I have also had my one and only c-section from another doctor. I can say that through my experience and comparison that Dr Namis is #1. He was the only one (my doctor didn't do much to even try and help) that immediatly took action to get things figured out. HE CARED that i was having problems that shouldn't be. I have a hard time with any doctor who comes across insensitive or condescending especially after suffering from diffrent symptoms. I Think it is so important to have that with a doctor/gynocologist and with DR Namis you do! Everytime I have been (which is alote over time, he has never once shown anything other than that I am happy that i moved back and have him again he has already help me so much!....This to me is more important than the wait times

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

After spending a 2nd 4 hr wait for a surgery confirmation in the saddest, most desperate waiting area imaginable (complete with torn gynecological bed with dangling stirrups providing a central figure of gothic horror upon which to meditate), I left to get an appointment to the Women's Health Network, opting instead to meditate on the relative cheerfulness of public transport from Guelph to Toronto. Neither my GP nor the gyn in Toronto had heard of the diagnosis that Dr. Namis had given me on my 1st visit; the T.O. Gyn was able to perform a pelvic exam gentle enough to confirm her own findings even though I was still in substantial pain from the vigorous exam I had received at the hand of Dr. Namis. Yes, I had excessive bleeding during periods, but I was so far along in menopause that my chronic anemia would soon cease to be a problem. I went back to sitting on towels, and in about 6 months time I had my last period. Problem solved, ablation anneccessary, Namis deleted from cellphone.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2013 | flag

All I'm going to say is this... at first I thought the wait times were really annoying and it was starting to get to me. Dr. Namis suspected (and NO other doctor did) my pain was coming from endometriosis...he peformed laproscopy...it went AMAZING. And he was bang-on. I had endometriosis, he got rid of it all and i am cured. I am soooo grateful for him, he caught this for me at a young age and i truly believe i would have never known if it wasnt for him. I will now proudly wait in his waiting room for how ever many hours, this doctor is my saviour (not to be dramatic but its the truth) and hes so caring and genuine. He IS worth the wait he DOES know what he's talking about and he truly cares.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2012 | flag

Dr.names is the most caring doctor I have ever met....yes there is a wait when you arrive but it is because he takes his time with each patient to make sure they get the best possible care....God help us when the old school docs are all retired and all we have are the in and out docs of this generation

Submitted Aug. 16, 2012 | flag

I just miscarried and I was recommended to Dr Namis for my follow up apts. Yes he can be a bit of a wait. The longest was 1 hr but he's a specialist and was well worth the wait. He's very kind and supportive and answerd all my concerning questions. I look forward to him being my OB for the next one.

Submitted July 18, 2012 | flag

Long story short he performed a surgery that was not neccessary and now has resulted in problems getting pregnant. He continues to send me for tests and follow ups with no results or solutions. It's been an emotional stressful 6 months that he has not fixed. He seems like a nice man and has never been rude but he doesnt care about fixing problems, just having fun surgeries and booking appts to make MONEY. It's disgusting. I've used all of my days off at work just for his appts. His receptionist is RUDE and condescending. The 3+ hour waits are ridiculous, I've had to walk out on a few due to having a life. When I ask questions about things I've read/googled he laughs and says he is the doctor. My ilfe is forever different because he was the man on call that night. WAIT for a 2nd opinion.. that is the only waiting you should do when it comes to this man.

Submitted June 25, 2012 | flag

I was with midwives but ended up with liver issues that were out of their scope so i dod shared care with Dr. Namis, i had heard bad things about him so was a little reluctant to see him. He was amazing, he took the time to read my entire chart and explain what was going on. He sent me for tests and needles and called over personally each time so i was greeted by a nurse promptly. Other then being overly chatty and having to wait a long time to see him, he's a really great dr.

Submitted June 13, 2012 | flag

Expect to wait at least 3 hours for each and every appointment. He didn't tell me that my blood pressure was critically high. While I was in labour my son was stuck for 3 hours while I waited for him to get off the phone!! My husband could see him at the nurse’s station! He never bothered to document that my son was 3 weeks early! Told me to stop taking my blood pressure pills without taking my blood pressure!! My blood pressure was later check while my son was in a different hospital with jaundice, (bruising from the forceps) only to find out that my blood pressure didn't go down after delivery. He gave me an episiotomy without freezing the area first!! And "Oops you ripped anyways" were the next words from his mouth! I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag