Rate Dr. Geoffrey Palmer

Dr. Geoffrey Palmer's Ratings

I commented before in 2010 about Dr Palmer finding a psysiological cause to my life long impotence. Since then I had priapism from ED injections & he performed inflatable penile implant surgery on feb 9 2013. My only regret was not having the surgery sooner! Dr Palmer is an excellent surgeon. I'm forever grateful. His office receptionist is on the ball & organized, his surgical team excellent. I almost chickened out of the surgery 30 minutes before. Dr Palmer put me at complete ease. There was a shortage of beds that day as I was scheduled to stay overnight. I was very distraught about that because of post surgery pain management. After the surgery I woke up blissfully unaware of any pain he ordered hydromorphone IV & pills after half a day of IV. He was very compassionate in MAKING SURE I was to overnight it in the hospital & made me comfortable physically and psychologically. Who says he's humourless?? Bullocks! I remember him entering the hospital room and to cheer me up he with a fact of the surgery that was intended humour with a smirky smile that I managed to chuckle through the opiate haze I was in. Then he was serious and told me everything went well. He kept me 2 nights in total & was very professional and took in consideration I had a room mate and kept his voice low volume. He's the best urologist a guy can ask for. I've been his patient since 2006! The implant is great but needs a little tweaking possibly surgery up ahead as I was born with one side of my appendage bigger than the other and the inflatable cylinder on that side doesn't completely fit under the glans. I approached him numerous times and he is doing his research before making any decisions as far as any surgery goes. It's a unique problem and I'm overjoyed that he wants to further research a solution showing me he's very responsible and not medically arrogant. I don't know why people would say that about him. He's always been level with me and I don't feel like "just a number" like one other comment. He has bent over backwards to help my complex multiproblematic urological problems. BRAVO Dr Palmer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I recently had surgery to remove my cancerous prostate. Both doctor Palmer and his partner performed the surgery as there were complications. They are both highly skilled surgeons and the follow up care both in hospital and after was exceptional. I felt EXTREMELY comfortable that I was in the best hands. I find some of the comments interesting when people say no bedside manner or arrogant doctor. I think patients should remember that they are just one of many that the doctor sees and that maybe he isn't being rude but precise. If you are looking for the best urologist you could not do better than dr Palmer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

Awesome Dr kind and considerate. Explained thing very well. Really makes me feel at ease

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

My surgery for kidney stones did not go well. There was excessive bleeding and swelling after. I am aware that sometimes things do go as planned but my issue was getting answers afterwards. It took over 6 hours to get him to come to the recovery room to see me and explain what had gone wrong since the regular hospital staff had no information until the reports are filed. After several days tried contacting his office for some information and was told that they only deal with referrals and would have to see a regular physician to get a referral to be able to talk to Dr Palmer again since my surgery was complete.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I had surgery yesterday to get rid of a kidney stone that has been causing me to go to the ER daily for the last 5 days for pain management. I immediately felt less pain right after surgery it's been approx 6 hours. I would highly recommend Dr Palmer. He does have a sense of humour as when I went to see him for the first time he looked at me for a second and did a double take and look at the chart again as he has seen my twin brother and he laughed. Once again I was in a severe amount of pain and Dr Palmer did surgery the day after I had seen him in his office. Thank you Dr Palmer & His Nurse. They both were professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2012

great surgeon - took a cyst off my bladder skilfully and completely - sort of shy but professional and competent!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I had a concern prior to surgery and wanted to talk to Dr. Either the office dropped the ball or I was ignored about my concern. Felt he and I were not the best fit and when I wasn't comfortable, declined the surgery (elective) I seemed to have no recourse other then posting here. Be your own patient advocate, no one else will.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2012

Just wondering about the negative reviews here, can they be about the same Doctor Palmer I had, a pleasant knowledgable man who makes embarrasing and unpleasant procedures more acceptable by his concern and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

I felt comfortable enough with this doctor, however was very disturbed at the end of my bladder exam to find I had to take an antibiotic pill to keep the risk of infection down. I was not told I would have to do this and felt uninformed and that my choices had been taken away. I would have appreciated a little information before the exam as to what happened after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646364].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2011

Excellent urologist he made examinations not so embarassing, he tried everything to help my ED until last resort injectable medicine was started. he sent me to UBC to have a Erect Penile Dopplar Sonar to diagnose me 100% correct I owe him a lot of gratitude

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1646363].votes_count ]]