Rate Dr. Geoffrey Palmer

Dr. Geoffrey Palmer's Ratings

I recently had surgery to remove my cancerous prostate. Both doctor Palmer and his partner performed the surgery as there were complications. They are both highly skilled surgeons and the follow up care both in hospital and after was exceptional. I felt EXTREMELY comfortable that I was in the best hands. I find some of the comments interesting when people say no bedside manner or arrogant doctor. I think patients should remember that they are just one of many that the doctor sees and that maybe he isn't being rude but precise. If you are looking for the best urologist you could not do better than dr Palmer.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014 | flag

Awesome Dr kind and considerate. Explained thing very well. Really makes me feel at ease

Submitted Dec. 26, 2013 | flag

My surgery for kidney stones did not go well. There was excessive bleeding and swelling after. I am aware that sometimes things do go as planned but my issue was getting answers afterwards. It took over 6 hours to get him to come to the recovery room to see me and explain what had gone wrong since the regular hospital staff had no information until the reports are filed. After several days tried contacting his office for some information and was told that they only deal with referrals and would have to see a regular physician to get a referral to be able to talk to Dr Palmer again since my surgery was complete.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

I had surgery yesterday to get rid of a kidney stone that has been causing me to go to the ER daily for the last 5 days for pain management. I immediately felt less pain right after surgery it's been approx 6 hours. I would highly recommend Dr Palmer. He does have a sense of humour as when I went to see him for the first time he looked at me for a second and did a double take and look at the chart again as he has seen my twin brother and he laughed. Once again I was in a severe amount of pain and Dr Palmer did surgery the day after I had seen him in his office. Thank you Dr Palmer & His Nurse. They both were professional.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2012 | flag

great surgeon - took a cyst off my bladder skilfully and completely - sort of shy but professional and competent!

Submitted March 2, 2012 | flag

I had a concern prior to surgery and wanted to talk to Dr. Either the office dropped the ball or I was ignored about my concern. Felt he and I were not the best fit and when I wasn't comfortable, declined the surgery (elective) I seemed to have no recourse other then posting here. Be your own patient advocate, no one else will.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

Just wondering about the negative reviews here, can they be about the same Doctor Palmer I had, a pleasant knowledgable man who makes embarrasing and unpleasant procedures more acceptable by his concern and care.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2011 | flag

I felt comfortable enough with this doctor, however was very disturbed at the end of my bladder exam to find I had to take an antibiotic pill to keep the risk of infection down. I was not told I would have to do this and felt uninformed and that my choices had been taken away. I would have appreciated a little information before the exam as to what happened after.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2011 | flag

Excellent urologist he made examinations not so embarassing, he tried everything to help my ED until last resort injectable medicine was started. he sent me to UBC to have a Erect Penile Dopplar Sonar to diagnose me 100% correct I owe him a lot of gratitude

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

Dr Palmer is a great doctor and the best urologist I have seen. He ran tests to determine if my erectile dysfuction was pschological or psyical. He is the only urologist that went to great lengths to find out my impotence is from a birth defect . I've seen 6 urologists and Dr Palmer was the one who found the problem and now happy using a injectable medicine . Bravo Dr Palmer ! Much gratitude.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag