Dr. James R. Dolan

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 22/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. James R. Dolan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: How old is Dr.Dolan ?    Email me    Answer it

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 2703252
08/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. James Dolan is one of the very best: intelligent, dedicated, astute, kind, well-informed, and highly skilled. His staff is excellent: each one is conscientious, caring, intelligent, attentive to detail and to each patient. They show the confidence of people who are well trained and informed, who have the benefit of wise, fair leadership. I have been cared for by Dr. Dolan and his group during surgeries, therapy, and followup for two different kinds of cancers, and have consistently been made secure in the environment of the highest levels of integrity, skill, knowledge, and good will provided there. Dr. Dolan is the kind of doctor we all hope to find.
RID: 2568689
23/02/13 5 5 5 5 If you want the best doctor for your surgery, please see this wonderful person, who will do the best job he can for you.  Respond
RID: 1423209
22/04/11 5 5 5 5 great doctor - made me feel as at east as possible with my diagnosis - took time
RID: 1036435
17/11/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Dolan and his staff have been treating me for over 2 years. They have always been kind and professional with me. I have felt very comfortable with him. Every treatment and surgery was discussed and I never felt uninformed. I highly recommend Dr. Dolan and his staff.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1015988
22/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dolan is a great doctor that treats you like family. He gives the options and helps you make decisions. His caring, gentle, unrushed attitude is unique. He performed a da vinci robot assisted hysterectomy on me and everything worked out great. I will always recommend Dr. Dolan.
RID: 965279
17/08/09 5 5 5 5 I LOVE DR.D ...... He saved my life about 16 yrs ago... I was going through something very rare and complicated after having my son and Dr. Dolan saved my life... He is not only good at what he does but he is sooooo caring and understanding ... I cannot even explain what I went through nor do I want to go back to that but I see Dr.D as an angel and trust me I'm not too fond of most doctors but he has it all, He knows his stuff, is kind, caring, patient and always felt relaxed with him. .....He was not only there as a physician to me but as a friend who was very concerned.....  Respond
RID: 957437
07/08/09 5 5 5 5 Dr dolan saved my life 13 years ago when he found a second cancer which was unexpected. All were stage 1 and I see him every year for follow up. He is very kind and I love the staff. They are highly educated.
RID: 856645
08/04/09 5 4 5 5 I found Dr. Dolan to be very attentive and knowledgeable. He answers all of my questions and genuinely seems interested.
RID: 820541
08/03/09 5 4 5 5 James Dolan is a partner with me and so many women living with gyny cancers. I am here 10.4 years later because of his correct diagnosis of Stage 1-A ovarian cancer, no recurrence to date. I have suggested several women consider seeing him, and who are as pleased as I have been with his care an concern. Patients come from many miles away to see him. I scored "Punctuality" a bit lower only because he is so busy, and there is often a wait time; but his kindness, and that of his staff, make up for any delay.
RID: 609880
06/06/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Dolan made me feel safe at a time when I was very uncertain about what may happen to me. As soon as I met Dr. Dolan and his staff at my first appointment after finding out I had cancer I began to feel I was on a good path to recovery with the right team to get me there.  Respond
RID: 551249
28/03/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Dolan is the most conscientious doctor I know. He sets very high standards for himself and his staff and we, his patients, are the beneficiaries. I am very confident of his ability to diagnose and properly treat various illnesses. Dr. Dolan and his staff are very welcoming and have always made me feel relaxed. He and his staff are professionals all the way and I wouldn't want any other doctor taking care of me.
RID: 443114
12/11/07 5 4 5 5 Dr Dolan has been treating me for ovarian cancer for over 3 yrs.He is kind,caring and humble.He listens and I feel he gives me his total attention.I truly feel he cares about me and my quality of life.His staff is also very attentive,competent and caring.They work very well as a team and are very professional.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 44217
07/09/06 4 5 5 This is an extraordinarily brilliant doctor and a surgeon who inspires confidence.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 5152
03/02/05 1 2 4 Terminally late & very smug. Very little regard for patient feelings.