Dr. Paul A. Gardner

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 05/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Paul A. Gardner has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

04/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9
RID: 3628549
09/12/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Gardner was part of my Surgical team for my Acoustic Neuroma surgery (along with Dr.McCall) in July 2013. My first appt with him was in May 2013 to discuss my upcoming surgery - I felt an immediate trust in him, his knowledge,credentials,expertise, etc. He was caring and listened to my concerns/fears of the upcoming surgery. He, along with Dr McCall (and surgical team) brought me thru this surgery remarkably and without the complications I had feared - the thought of anyone cutting thru my skull scared me to death -let's face it-nobody ever would want to have their head cut open -unless it was necessary -and mine was - and so if you do face this type or any type of brain surgery - I would HIGHLY recommend Dr.Gardner - his skill, in my opinion, is one of the best- every precaution was taken to make my surgery & recovery as safe and smoothe as possible - I was very pleased with the outcome and follow-up care he provided also. I am so thankful for him & glad he was one of my surgeons!
RID: 2691580
22/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gardner removed an Epidermoid Tumor from my daughter's brain. Words cannot express how happy and satisfied we are with the entire experience. Dr. Gardner made himself available to answer any questions / concerns that we had throughout the entire process. His calm and confident approach enabled our family to get through this very scary event knowing that we had found the best surgeon. In addition, his staff and facilities are world class. The long and complicated surgery was performed without any issues or complications. We are forever in Dr. Gardner's debt for helping our daughter.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2466458
05/11/12 5 4 5 5 Dr Gardner is am Amazing Dr and human being. He did my surgery 1 year ago today. Because of him, he saved my life. I will be forever in his debt. Thank you for your kind words and your great hands!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Paul" to "Paul A."
RID: 1716028
17/02/12 5 5 5 5 No words can express how wonderful he is....He maybrun some times off schedule,but he NEVER RUSHS,he gives you his full attention.He staff is outstanding also. he must pick them ,very carefully,like he is.I travel across the states to see him only.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1641578
22/11/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Gardner did my second brain surgery @ Pitt. He is an amazing dr. he listens, answers questions, takes extra time with you. I can ask him anything and not feel dumb or like he don't have time. His staff is GREAT, they call or e-mail me right back. if I start to cry, they calm me down. They are so caring. It is best to have your appt first thing in the morning or the last one in the day or sometimes you can be waiting awhile. I wouldn't go anywhere else, unless he leaves Pittsburgh. I've been dealing with a brain issue for 12 years now and Dr. Gardner was one of the surgeon who saved my life! I would recommend him to anyone!
RID: 1232042
19/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gardner is a fantastic neurosurgeon and knows his stuff!! I agree, his nurses are so pleasant. I am still here today : )
RID: 1146716
10/04/10 5 5 5 5 Calm expert immediate treatment - saved my vision and my life.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 785296
09/02/09 5 3 4 5 Dr. Gardner fixed my Chiari Malformation. His nurses are wonderful! I was seen by many doctors in his department (Skull Base Surgeries), but that was a little impersonal. I had to explain my symptoms many different times, which made the process a little frustrating. Overall, I am very pleased. Thank you Dr. Gardner.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield