Dr. Francis T. Ferraro

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 16/02/14    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Francis T. Ferraro has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5377330
18/04/14 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ferraro has performed two successful operation to repair disc problems. I would recommend him.

16/02/14 SYSTEM: new location added: Butler, PA
RID: 5180538
14/02/14 5 5 5 5 Staff always polite,and Dr. is mostly on time very satisfied with with everyone,I would recommend the Dr Ferrero very highly
RID: 3653555
11/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Ferraro and his staff are wonderful. He is a great surgeon and if you do what is recommended you do just great. Would highly recommend him to anyone needing his expertise.  Respond
RID: 3585423
24/10/13 5 4 4 5 My surgery went great! I wish he would have explained my condition better, but I probably just didn't know the right questions to ask. Love his staff, they are excellent!
Insurance: UPMC
RID: 2663931
28/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ferraro and his office staff are fantastic. I never felt rushed, they were available for my visits and calls, and my back surgery was a complete success. I had so many people telling me stories of why I shouldn't have back surgery - but in the end I felt it was the best solution for me. I am back to feeling healthy and strong and I highly recommend Dr. Ferraro.
RID: 2650119
16/05/13 5 4 5 5 I loved the people in the office. They are very nice and helpful. Only had a very short wait the first time. The surgery was very successful and I was prepared for it since they give you a folder so you know what to expect.
RID: 2643478
08/05/13 5 5 5 5 The staff and doctor was top of the line and will recommend to anyone
RID: 2084460
27/04/12 5 4 5 5 Wonderful doc explaines everything in english. I had wonderful results. Had Laminoplasty of c2-7
RID: 2080185
24/04/12 5 5 5 5 This was my husbands second time to see DR. Ferraro. He was there about four years ago.When his back pain worsened during the last few months ,we decided to see him again.He is very good at listening to the patient and tries to offer his best treatment avaiable before surgery has to be an option. My husband is doing much better and is able to be more active than before. Our reccomendation of Dr. Ferraro would be the top of the list for a neurosurgeon. His office staff is the top of the lis,also. So helpful and accomadating to your schedule
RID: 2055426
20/04/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent. Dr. Ferraro did not push surgery but clearly explained options for me. He patiently listened to my questions and queries before I made a decision. He is professional and had a great bedside manner.
RID: 1689456
17/01/12 5 5 5 5 This guy is the best. Caring and understanding. The office staff is wonderful as well.
RID: 1673430
31/12/11 5 5 5 5 I was very pleased with the service provided by Dr. Ferraro and his staff. He explained everything in detail and the surgery has helped me regain my arm strenght. I still have some discomfort, however he said that it could take up to one year for me to be pain free. On a side note, I would like to compliment the staff from the physicians to the housekeepers at Alleghany General Hospital. I had never been in the hospital before and they made my stay worry free. The people there were all very kind and caring.
RID: 1673378
31/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ferraro, Max, and Staff are one of the BEST, I had my neck done 2003, and reasonlly my nerve on my back against the disk that made me not able to used my right leg from an accident at work, the Doctor got me in right away because of the serous pain I was in, he knew and right after the operation in my room I was walking around. They check up on me also when I went home by phone before I went back for fallow-up to go back to work. The guys at work were really suprise that I could go back to my work in Transportation department and labor, some say I was better after then before. I thank Dr. Ferrano, Max and staff again. They made you fill like family, not just a patient. HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL. Douglas Nemeth  Respond
RID: 1552556
03/10/11 5 4 5 5 Insurance - Medicare and Highmark - do not know what the charge is yet. Dr. Ferraro was extremely knowledgeable, took time to expain everything very clearly. - Overall an excellent Dr.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1521236
24/08/11 5 4 5 5 I would reccomd Dr. Ferraro to everyone. He was informative, knowledgeable and kind.
Insurance: UPMC
RID: 1519337
22/08/11 5 3 5 5 I love this Dr. This was my husbands 3rd back surgery in 5 years. (The first 2 surgeries were done by a different Dr) The last surgery he had he never really got rid of the pain. Dr Ferraro was very thorough. He did not rely on the radioligists report. When he read the MRI he saw the problem. Once he read the MRI himself he came to a different conclusion. From that moment on he was only concerned about addressing the pain he has had for years. He answered all our questions and he was very clear as to the how everything should go. Dr Ferraro stated that after the surgery the pain in his leg should be gone and the only pain he should have was at the surgery site. He was exactly right. My husband was on pain killers for less than a week. He was up and moving within a couple of days. My husband feels fantastic. Hopefully this is our last surgery on his back. If not,we will definitely be back to see Dr Ferraro.
RID: 1518538
22/08/11 5 5 5 5 I found Dr.Francis Ferraro to be a very personable and knowledgeable doctor. He answered my questions and referred to the chart to help explain the answers in a very clear explaination. I would refer him to others and would see him again if needed
RID: 1516047
18/08/11 5 4 5 5 Spinal fusion of L5 to S1, back is good as new. Feel great, even completed the Pittsburgh triathlon this year (pain free). Dr. Ferraro knows what he is doing and he cares about his patients.
RID: 1510824
12/08/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Ferraro for more than 15 years. Wouldn't have anyone else.
RID: 1504002
04/08/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Ferraro performed a decompression laminectomy L-2 through L-5 and two disk repairs. I am able to do all activities and am grateful to him for his thorough knowledge and skill, his patience and ability to explain the procedure with me. I have recommended Dr. Ferraro to many friends.  Respond
RID: 1490130
19/07/11 5 5 5 5 He did great job with my surgery. I was able to go in with the confidence that my doctor had the expertise to do the surgery. I am glad he is my doctor
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1486945
14/07/11 5 3 5 5 Very good doctor! He did my fiance's surgeries and they went very well. He had two tumors in his spine. I had been seeing another neurosurgeon for my condition (Chiari Malformation) and decided to go with Dr. Ferraro instead because of our experience with him! My surgery went very well. I was back to work in 6 weeks!
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1486916
14/07/11 5 5 5 5 This Physician is very knowledgeable, skilled and has a terrific bedside manner. I had surgery March 15, 2011, for removal of a brain tumor and he and his staff (especially Carolina) have followed me and my progress in a very caring manner. Not back to work yet but hopeful that it won't be too long!! Dr. Ferraro comes highly recommended by this patient. Don't hesitate!!
RID: 1387852
15/03/11 5 4 5 5 care by physician was excellent. office staff very courteous and helpful.
* - Rating left by a registered user