Rate Dr. Camilo R. Gomez

Dr. Camilo R. Gomez's Ratings

I highly recommend Dr. Gomez. His staff was also excellent and very personable. Expect to have a super long wait in the office for a regular visit, so bring a book, or a friend to chat with...but Dr. Gomez is worth the wait..he is intelligent and experienced with critical thinking skills... he listened carefully to my symptoms & concerns, ran the appropriate tests and figured out exactly what was going on with me, when the other neurologist could not...Be advised, he is blunt and extremely direct...be prepared for your appointment (with questions, etc) and yes, he is very confident..I did not find him exactly arrogant, just very self-assured. He was polite and professional, and probably the best physician I've seen in a really long time.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2011 | flag

This doctor missed the fact that my mom had a stroke. He sent her home from the ICU. He didn't send her to rehab. Now we are going to rehab after another doctor took one look at her and said she had a stroke, no doubt. He didn't spend any time with her. He didn't listen to me. I told him she was weak and confused. I wouldn't let my dog go to him.

Submitted June 22, 2011 | flag

This doctor has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. He is so uncaring and unsympathetic it is unreal. He is extremely arrogant.

Submitted June 20, 2011 | flag

I find Dr. Gomez to be confident not cocky. When dealing with my brain, I like confidence. The wait time can be extraordinarily long but, again, when working on mine brain and others I can tolerate the wait.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Gomez is amazing...he totally saved my life. I would highly recommend him to all my friends. He is the best in the state

Submitted March 6, 2010 | flag

I feel Dr. Gomez saved my life. I had a horrible headache 11 days after a c-section at 39 years old. I was put in the hospital in Tuscaloosa-many tests run including mri and was sent home with a diagnosis of "headaches due to hormone changes". My family was still taking care of my newborn and 2 other children because I still had a horrible (vomiting, the works) headache. My sister's friend had a friend who was a nurse in Dr. Gomez' office. She called Dr. Gomez at home on a Sunday afternoon and told him my symptoms. He put it all together over the phone and had my family rush me to Birmingham (2 hours away). I had the stroke 1 block from the emergency room door. Dr. Gomez had alerted his doctors that I was coming. They treated me immediately. I had a cerebral venous thrombosis (blood clot). I had no deficits and I'm fine today(8 years later).I love Dr. Gomez. Yes, he's cocky but he's a smart man who really cares about people.

Submitted Sept. 29, 2009 | flag

Operated to remove clots after father had a stroke. He is a wonderful doctor and my father is fine and working full time . (His stroke was 4 years ago) I highly agree that he is the best stroke doctor in the south!!

Submitted June 5, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gomez has a reputation of being the best stroke doctor in the south! People drive from Tenn. and Florida to be seen by Dr. Gomez. He is quite cocky, but he has reason to be! He is very personable..really likeable guy.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2009 | flag