Rate Dr. Dawn M. Ayers

Dr. Dawn M. Ayers's Ratings

Waited for her for over an hr. on the 1st visit. She did a lot of blood work & when it came back wanted to do more blood work as she thought I had low growth hormones. Went to Riverview hospital for a 6 hr procedure were 2 nurse on the short stay floor couldn't draw blood. I left furious as the nurses were the most hateful, unprofessional nurses and they complained about the test Dr Ayers ordered. Filed a complaint on Riverview hospital website. Only to have the head of patient care call me to tell me after her review she found I was unwilling to give my blood, I brought my overbearing mother and after talking with Dr Ayers I am nothing but a difficult patient they wouldn't charge me for my stay on Friday. Called Dr Ayers office and left a message on Dr Ayers machine saying she is no longer my doctor and now Dr Ayers wont stop calling me. If this women is so wonderful why isn't she at IU. I think she is a NUT JOB!!

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

I absolutely love Dr. Ayers. She listened to everything I had to say and made recommendations that were very helpful. I tell everyone who needs to see an endocrinologist to call her.

Submitted Oct. 30, 2011 | flag

I was excited to see Dr Ayers after waiting almost a year to get into her. I had read a lot og good things about her and had high hopes. I did not care for her "bedside manner". She said "now lets start from the beginning"...I thought she meant me telling her my story. Instead she started telling me all about T3 vs T4, etc. Like I didn't know that after 16 years of dealing with thyroid issues. I felt she did not listen to what I was saying AT ALL. Glad she has helped others but I didn't care to go back.

Submitted July 30, 2011 | flag

Dawn is a very knowledgeable and caring dr. i see her for a check up 2 times a yr. never once has she failed to ask about my family and she even remembers their names and things that are going on in my life. how many drs do you know that cares enough about her patients to bother to ask about family and other thing going on in your life. i would highly recommend Dawn

Submitted Jan. 10, 2009 | flag

Great Doctor. My first visit she discovered a large nodule on right thyroid which was about the size of a golf ball growing inward & immediately sent me to a surgeon - she did not mess around. (I had already had a needle biopsy.) I was not only impressed with her immediate response but she also chose the best surgeon for me. My nodule turned out to be benign but my right side of thyroid had to be removed. I visit her every year to be sure things are still ok and the other side is doing well. It's like I go in to see an old friend - she makes me feel so comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone. She is special..

Submitted July 9, 2008 | flag

I have been seeing her for a thyroid condition for almost 9 years. She saved my life so to speak. I was diagnosed but no one would treat me because my "levels" were off enough. However I felt horrible. My first visit she spent about 2 hours with me. Since then my condition has improved and I how it all to her. Highly recommend for thyroid patients.

Submitted May 18, 2008 | flag

She's a lovely person although not as responsive to symptoms beyond test results as I'd like.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2007 | flag

felt like she didn't discuss my issues just encouraged her liquid diet program

Submitted Sept. 25, 2006 | flag

She took the time to ask question about my overall lifestyle and actually listen to the answers. Her advice on when and how to take the medications I was already taking made a world of difference in their effectiveness.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2006 | flag