Dr. Janis Bormanis

Rate Dr. Janis Bormanis

Dr. Janis Bormanis's Ratings

Patient in summer 1997. Bormanis had the answer to my problem RIGHT inside the THICK HOSPITAL FILES OF MINE - EXTREMELY LARGE HIATUS HERNIA= BLEEDING. Went from 1.997-2,004 having by weekly-monthlt blood transfussions+iron infussions. At one point he nastily called me "an enigma" - he is/was the enigma = how ome he was/is the head of Hematology?? puzzles me. Got extensive endoscopy at a different large Canadian City, result?? HOLE in the hiatus hernia = needed the obvious= surgery, done by a wonderful knowledgeable Dr. Eric Poulin, in 2.004, never felt better and healthier. Went with Bormanis through SEVEN YEARS of "hell upon earth", had no life, couldn't even take a 3 wk. holiday b/c by the end of the 2nd. wk after transfussions I'd need another one. Was adviced by three nurses "to switch hematologist". And this is my story with Dr. Bormanis - he should watch the movie "THE DOCTOR" with Wm. Hurt, that's him before becoming the patient.....................

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

Excellent in his field, very knowledgable and experienced in judging how to treat the many different cancers. I was his patient for 21 years and he kept me going from one thing to the other to crush back down Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The staff and specialists in radiology and chemotherapy did a terrific job too, I have no complaints. Dr. Bormanis was very serious but dedicated to his work. We rate him tops! He knows his field and lectures and is a fantastic teacher to student doctors. I received very good care and concern from the team at Ottawa Civic Hospital and am grateful for the wonderfully well qualified doctors and nurses and specialists who work there. Now it is the same with a new doctor at the General site of the Ottawa Hospital. Again,no complaints. I have been so very lucky. Still living, thanks to them all.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2009 | flag

Dr B has been my hematologist for 18 years. From the beginning, he has been great -- works with me to manage my blood issues, has always been supportive of me taking more responsibility for monitoring my condition, and is available promptly be phone or email if I have urgent needs that warrant his advice regardless of appointment schedule.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2008 | flag

I was fortunate to have been assigned as a patient of Dr. Bormanis in my time of need. He is truly very knowledgeable as well as caring. Even though our appointments were short and sweet,my questions and concerns were always met. I have the utmost esteem for Dr. Bormanis and wish all the best in life!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2008 | flag

Dr. Bomanis was my Heamatologist for a few years and he was almost never there whenever I had a crisis. I was in the hospital for 14 days a few years back and he never came to see me once. I finally got another Dr. and I am very pleased with him. There is no doubt Dr. Bormanis is very knowledgable about his specialty but his knowledege was of no help to me whatsoever because I never saw him.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2007 | flag

I had the opportunity to work with Dr. Bormanis in the Cancer Clinic for a couple of years. He was always great with the patients and had a real sense of caring. Sad to hear that he has retired.

Submitted June 6, 2007 | flag

Dr. Bormanis was my oncologist/specialist for close to 20 years. Excellent, knowledgeable, very wise in selection of treatments, lots of experience and exacted professionalism from all staff - we hold him in high esteem, his teaching skills are valuable to the University of Ottawa School of Medicine and those coming up through their medical studies. We are very sorry to no longer have him as my physician due to his retirement but he will continue to benefit the Ottawa Hospital in administrative and board membership duties. Happy trails, Dr. Bormanis,and many grand tours and wine tastings in your retirement years!!!!! Sandra and Joe Oh, I must add, his choice of treatment and recommendations has kept me around for very close to 20 years since diagnosis in 1988, so I feel very fortunate to have been sent to him in the first instance.

Submitted March 26, 2007 | flag

As a nurse, I have worked in coordination with this physician and he is just great with his patients!!!

Submitted March 5, 2007 | flag