Rate Dr. Diane McIntosh

Dr. Diane McIntosh's Ratings

Dr Mc is an expert on meds, and she is willing to try aggressive treatments when needed. After years of misdiagnosis, she finally diagnosed me as bipolar, and started me on the right meds. When I was hospitalized she was in contact with the inpatient psychiatrist, providing him with information and advocating for me. She has been a strong advocate for me when I had work issues because of my mental health, she wrote letters of support, filled out forms, and made multiple phone calls. When I have a question or something comes up I can email, and she always gets back to me within the day, even when she is out of town. The only negative i have to say is that she is very much a psychopharmacologist, and not a psychotherapist, so she sees everything as med related. But that's OK, because she doesn't pretend to be a psychotherapist, and instead she recommends that I see one for that aspect of my care. Great doctor!

Submitted May 22, 2014 | flag

She's a pill pusher that completely disregards any other factor on mental health other than putting chemicals into your body as instructed by her medical school textbooks. There are other factors that are involved in overall psychological health such as diet, exercise, and lifestyle. She did not touch on any of these, when they were actually the solution to begin with in my specific case.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

Diane is excellent. I had severe post partum depression and had been suffering for a couple months (9 out of 10 severity). Diane took one look at me and said this isn't right. This was my third post partum and with the first I suffered severely for 8 months. That couldn't happen again. Diane suggested new agressive treatments and she was right! 6 weeks later I was better. It was unbelievable, ask my friends.

Submitted June 8, 2013 | flag

wonderful psychiatrist. She listens unlike most doctors. She has a long wait list but it is worth it to see her.I would recommend her to anyone with depression or Bi Polar

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

Amazing Doctor and person with lots of empathy towards patients. Almost always on time. Very knowledgeable. She is considered an expert specially in PTSD and Mood disorders. I feel so blessed to have found her.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2013 | flag

I think Dr. Mcintosh is a great psychiatrist. She knows her medications and still takes the time to find out what is bothering the patient. She extremely efficient and gets to the bottom of things. I would highly recommend her.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2011 | flag

very dedicated to treating illness, very knowledgeable about recent developments in treatment, genuinely cares about patients, so sought out that she may run 5 minutes late because she may try to return a call or email between patients. she has greatly helped me deal with my chronic clinical depression - she re-diagnosed me as bipolar 1 and helped me find treatments, both pharmalogical and cognitive, to help me function really well on a daily basis.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

Are we talking about the same Doctor? I found Dr. Mcintosh very unorganized; she was always rummaging around for a file or report she couldn't find. You will need to ask her repeatedly for blood tests, etc. She believes heavily in drug therapy, and offers little psychotherapy. Although she appears caring, she will become a shoulder-shrugger if her prescribed medications don't have the desired effect. Eventually, she just gave up one patient. Shortly after the patients last visit, that patient ended up in hospital after trying to commit suicide; no enquires from Dr. McIntosh were ever received. Later, when the patient informed Dr. McIntosh that another Psychiatrist would be consulted, McIntosh replied curtly "good luck", and was never heard from again.

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag

Dr. Mcintosh has helped my family in ways I can't express gratitude for. She is an amazing caring human being. She helped my daughter through a terrible depression and has been instamental in setting her on track, moving forward in her life.

Submitted June 9, 2009 | flag

Excellent doctor. Knows her stuff. Gives me hope to the future. Knows PTSD like the back of her hand. Very compassionate.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2008 | flag