Rate Dr. Diane McIntosh

Dr. Diane McIntosh's Ratings

I have been suffering from PTSD symptoms for 10 years. I met Dr. McIntosh two years ago, after many years of counselling, psychotherapy, group therapy, cognitive behaviour courses etc... I was ready to try medication therapy as the medication I was taking was not effective and the doctors I was seeing were not advocates for medication therapy. I have tried several medications with either good result or side effects. I feel that Dr. McIntosh is not going to be satisfied until I have found something that works without causing troubling side effects. She has also helped me deal with other medical issues that I have ignored or not been able to deal with because the PTSD was overwhelming. I feel that I am in a much better place than I was two years ago. I believe that a combination of psychotherapy and medication has helped me lead a healthier life and I have more clarity and ability to deal with other problems in my life. I still have anxiety but I can recognize and manage it better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2672045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

she saved my life, I had come back from a war batshit crazy and she fought the system for me
she is one of the bravest smartest person I ever met

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563518].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr Mc is an expert on meds, and she is willing to try aggressive treatments when needed. After years of misdiagnosis, she finally diagnosed me as bipolar, and started me on the right meds. When I was hospitalized she was in contact with the inpatient psychiatrist, providing him with information and advocating for me. She has been a strong advocate for me when I had work issues because of my mental health, she wrote letters of support, filled out forms, and made multiple phone calls. When I have a question or something comes up I can email, and she always gets back to me within the day, even when she is out of town. The only negative i have to say is that she is very much a psychopharmacologist, and not a psychotherapist, so she sees everything as med related. But that's OK, because she doesn't pretend to be a psychotherapist, and instead she recommends that I see one for that aspect of my care. Great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

She's a pill pusher that completely disregards any other factor on mental health other than putting chemicals into your body as instructed by her medical school textbooks. There are other factors that are involved in overall psychological health such as diet, exercise, and lifestyle. She did not touch on any of these, when they were actually the solution to begin with in my specific case.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1659702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

Diane is excellent. I had severe post partum depression and had been suffering for a couple months (9 out of 10 severity). Diane took one look at me and said this isn't right. This was my third post partum and with the first I suffered severely for 8 months. That couldn't happen again. Diane suggested new agressive treatments and she was right! 6 weeks later I was better. It was unbelievable, ask my friends.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1659701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

wonderful psychiatrist. She listens unlike most doctors. She has a long wait list but it is worth it to see her.I would recommend her to anyone with depression or Bi Polar

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1659700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Amazing Doctor and person with lots of empathy towards patients. Almost always on time. Very knowledgeable. She is considered an expert specially in PTSD and Mood disorders. I feel so blessed to have found her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1659699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2013

I think Dr. Mcintosh is a great psychiatrist. She knows her medications and still takes the time to find out what is bothering the patient. She extremely efficient and gets to the bottom of things. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1659698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

very dedicated to treating illness, very knowledgeable about recent developments in treatment, genuinely cares about patients, so sought out that she may run 5 minutes late because she may try to return a call or email between patients. she has greatly helped me deal with my chronic clinical depression - she re-diagnosed me as bipolar 1 and helped me find treatments, both pharmalogical and cognitive, to help me function really well on a daily basis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1659697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Are we talking about the same Doctor? I found Dr. Mcintosh very unorganized; she was always rummaging around for a file or report she couldn't find. You will need to ask her repeatedly for blood tests, etc. She believes heavily in drug therapy, and offers little psychotherapy. Although she appears caring, she will become a shoulder-shrugger if her prescribed medications don't have the desired effect. Eventually, she just gave up one patient. Shortly after the patients last visit, that patient ended up in hospital after trying to commit suicide; no enquires from Dr. McIntosh were ever received. Later, when the patient informed Dr. McIntosh that another Psychiatrist would be consulted, McIntosh replied curtly "good luck", and was never heard from again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1659696].votes_count ]]