Rate Dr. James K. Poulton

Dr. James K. Poulton's Ratings

I started seeing Dr. Poulton several years ago, and after my most recent visit, I was so incredibly pleased yet again, that I decided to find a way to rate him online so others can truly hear the input of a satisfied patient. I have seen many different doctors while living both in Baltimore and in Chapel Hill, NC, and never have met another like Dr. Poulton. The first time I had an appointment, I was first shocked at how pleasant and helpful his staff was, and felt so at ease and comfortable both in his waiting room and examination room. Dr. Poulton is truly the most caring and personable doctor I have ever met. He does not treat his patients like a number, but instead actually listens to my needs and makes sure that I have all questions and concerns answered before I leave his office. After spending years lying in the sun, I am now aware that I need to take care of my skin, and feel so comfortable seeing Dr. Poulton for full-body skin examinations. He is so professional and knowledgeable, and has performed multiple biopsies of melanoma (that I thought were nothing but moles or "beauty spots") , thankfully before developing into severe skin cancers!! I can honestly say that I fully put my confidence in Dr. Poulton and am so thankful that I began seeing him when I did. I am glad to have him watching out for my health, and have already recommended multiple family members and friends to visit him for both examinations and Botox/ Restylane treatments! - Kaitlyn (Female- Age: 55)

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I've seen my share of bad doctors so when I come across one that practices his/her craft well I think he/she deserves to be rewarded with a glowing review. Dr. Poulton conducted a full-body examination of my skin a few months ago. He then removed several moles from my back the same day. I was very pleased with every aspect of my visit. The staff was courteous, the rooms were all very clean and Dr. Poulton was very thorough in his examination and also very helpful and knowledgeable when it came to answering my questions. Prior to seeing Dr. Poulton I personally reviewed dozens of dermatologists on sites like this and narrowed my choices down to 3 primarily based up on how thorough previous patients found their dermatologist's exam to be. Then I set up an appointment with whichever one could see me the soonest. Dr. Poulton lived up to my highest expectations and I strongly recommend him.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

After seeing a John Hopkins Dermatologist. This Doctor is Fantastic I would recomend this Dr. To my mother and best friends. He is the greatest in care.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Poulton is knowledgable, friendly and always on-time. I would recommend him to anyone

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

Dr. Poulton is a wonderful doctor! I have been going to him for years for not only past skin problems but for botox and restylane. Dr. Poulton has never rushed through an appointment with me and he has always taken the time to answer any questions I have had. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a knowledgeable doctor with a great bedside manner.

Submitted March 8, 2007 | flag

This man is wonderful! He is very knowledgeable AND sensitive to patient needs. I had horrible acne for over 6 years and he was the first doctor who AGGRESSIVELY pursued a cure for me. He prescribed medications and LISTENED to me when I told him they weren't working. Finally, after trying about 4 or 5 treatments that were unsuccessful, he prescribed accutane (even though it is very controversial) at my request. Today, I have beautiful skin! Also, his knowledge of skin is so in-depth and interesting...did you know the intestinal walls shed millions of skin cells everyday (just like our outside skin)? He's young but, don't let that fool you - he is an expert.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2005 | flag