Dr. James M. Oldroyd

Grad. Year: 1971

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. James M. Oldroyd has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3597826
06/11/13 3 2 2 3 I came to Dr. Oldroyd after reading such high reviews. I was SO disappointed. I wanted a natural, unmedicated birth and he acted like he was on board...up until the end of my pregnancy. When I was 3 days overdue, he pushed induction and acted like it was necessary and my only choice. I stupidly agreed. My 23 hour labor was awful due to the induction drugs. When Oldroyd finally showed up, he was very harsh and pushy and didn't seem to care about me at all. He broke my water (which was against my written birthplan) and wasn't even going to tell me if I hadn't had seen him grab the hook and asked what he was doing. Most of his decisions he made without explaining to me or consulting me about. My delivery ended in an emergency c-section, which I feel could have been totally avoided if he hadn't induced me. I'm sure Dr. Oldroyd is very knowledgeable, but he only seems to want to work on his own schedule, which isn't how it should happen when it comes to delivering babies.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "James" to "James M."
RID: 2779105
20/08/13 4 4 1 5 I went to Dr Oldroyd becuase I have had quite a few complications on getting pregnant and I search out OBGYN's and Dr Oldroyd was rated the best so I went to see him. His staff is very kind, but I didn't get any questions answered and I felt more confused and frustrated then I did before I went to see him. He is a very nice guy just didn't care about my situation.
RID: 2703255
08/07/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Oldroyd since he began practicing here in IF. He has always treated me with the utmost kindness and respect. I never felt any question I had was too stupid. He has the best bedside manner ever! Dr Oldroyd helped me through a very devastating time several years ago and I will forever be grateful for the kindness and compassion he showed me! I would recommend him to anyone any time!
RID: 2493876
08/12/12 5 5 5 5 Amazing Dr. Has a cool head under emergency situations! He has delivered 2 of my babies! I would highly reccomend him! Love his nurse as well!!  Respond
RID: 2396788
09/08/12 5 5 5 5 Love this doc, up until right before my due date, and he went out of town leaving me with doctors I had never met who didn't seem to have time to fit me into there busy client lists.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1558865
11/10/11 5 5 5 5 He has been an amazing dr and he's very knowledgeable very good bed side manner just all around amazing
RID: 1516888
19/08/11 5 5 5 5 I absolutely LOVED Dr. Oldroyd!! I switched from a Womens Clinic in Rexburg to his office about 3 months into my pregnancy because they didn't seem to care about me or my growing baby. Dr. Oldroyd never seemed to be rushed, he was ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL as well with every and any question. He was very polite and easy to talk to...never made me feel stupid for simple questions asked. I am now pregnant with baby # 2 and sadly living in another state and scared my next Dr. won't meet the high standards Dr. Oldroyd has set. His nurse was AMAZING! I absolutely LOVED her. Very cheerful and positive. Same with the women at the front desk. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Even the hospital experience was AMAZING! My anesthesiologist (c-section) Vince was very professional and kind and the nursing staff made me feel welcome and cared for. I would recommend him to everyone!  Respond
RID: 893811
21/05/09 5 4 5 5 Loved Dr. Oldroyd. Was very helpful. I was able to call with any questions and was able to get a call back or answered with in the same day. He took great care of me and listened to everything I said. I was very impressed and suggested him to many people.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 757658
07/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Oldroyd has been my doctor for the last 26 years. He delivered both my daughter and my twins and I have been extremely happy. Both of my daughters are now patients of Dr. Oldroyd. He is awesome and caring.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 717442
07/11/08 5 4 5 5 I agree with the above poster. Dr. Oldroyd is one of the best gyn's I've ever been to. Always willing to help, listen, answer my questions, etc. Highly recommend him.
RID: 714293
02/11/08 4 3 4 4 Dr. Oldroyd is great doctor. I have been going to him for 12 years, since I was in high school and have seen him through the birth of my daughter and am seeing him for this pregnancy. He is very knowledgeable and kind. His bedside manner is impeccable! If he doesn't know the answer to something he tells you and finds the answer!! I never feel like I can't be frank with him or that he wouldn't understand things because he is male. His nurse Leslie is one of the best too. Sometimes it seems I have waited in the waiting room a while, but I guess babies come on their own time, which I understand. His staff has always been very helpful and honest if it's going to take too long and are willing to reschedule. I would recommend Dr. Oldroyd and his staff to anyone who wants to feel comfortable that their health and the health of their unborn baby is in good hands.