Rate Dr. Johanes Lategan

Dr. Johanes Lategan's Ratings

Dr. Lategan's negligence landed me in the emergency ward via EMS. He prescribed a high dose of a blood medication to which I reacted badly - and left me disabled (unable to work) for a number of days. He refused to help me fill a disability claim form because of something he was responsible for and told me to seek social services. The worst part was his demeanour which was absolutely condescending and very disrespectful (I won't go the extent of saying racist). - I simply wanted him to explain why he did not consider my situation (for which he is responsible) a disability. He just stormed out of the room saying he didn't have time for this as he was late for his other patients - (not to mention he had kept us waiting several times before, to which I hadn't said anything about). In the process of bringing him into accountability, insha'Allah.

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

I am so thankful for Dr. Lategan!! I was diagnosed with lymphoma and he has been awesome to me and my family. He is honest, direct, and very compassionate. He is one of the best doctor/specialist that have cared for me during these past few years.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

I like how Dr. Lategan is direct & to the point. He doesn't want to waste your time as well as his. He has a lot of knowledge & knows how to get the job done. He's prompt, friendly and smart. It was a pleasure to meet him & get the answers I was looking for.

Submitted April 25, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lategan saved my life. Period. While he may not be warm and fuzzy he gets the job done and knew exactly what treatment would work to combat and treat my Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. A year later I am cancer free. Support staff are hard to get a hold of and are usually extremely busy which can be annoying but its not the doctors or the teams fault its the system.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

Lategan came highly recommended by my family doctor. His expertise is evident, but his bed side manner is very poor. His explanations are short, if at all, he is usually late for apts, he invites other doctors in training sit in on my apts without extending the courtesy of even introducing them to me and will continue on with a physical exam infront of whomever is in the room. Does not provide much information explanation or understanding regarding my condition, just instructs me on treatment & frowns apon asking questions or explanations. If I could have another doctor treat me at a hospital in the South end of Calgary...I would jump at the opportunity to switch. And the Support Staff...I find exceptional, especially in the Treatment room!

Submitted Oct. 19, 2011 | flag

trying to schedule something his Support Staff is painful - but the Doctor seems fine - even followed up with a call because we were seeing another hematologist instead; but holy man - his staff is not only rude but inattentive

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lategan is the best Doctor I have ever visited. The most professional, knowledgeable and competent of any Doctor I have met.

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

Since beening diagnosed with ITP, I have had Dr. Lategan for the last 5 years. He has been helpful, understanding and patient with me and all of my questions. I could not have asked for a better hematologist

Submitted Jan. 8, 2011 | flag

I was recently diagnosed with stage i lymphoma and i have never seen a doctor like dr. lategan. He is exceptional. Thank you Dr. Lategan for taking care of me so quickly.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lategan is truly a brilliant hematologist and he saved my life with his concientous care. I concur with other posters that his bedside manner is next to none. He is a truly compassionate man and Calgary is blessed to have him. I hope Alberta Health Services recognizes a star when they have one and he is compensated accordingly.

Submitted June 14, 2010 | flag