Rate Dr. Magdy Samaan

Dr. Magdy Samaan's Ratings

Have been seeing Dr. Samaan for several years for my yearly gynecological check up. Always kind, and does his best to get the physical exam over quickly (you only need to pull your pants down to your knees, instead of completely undressing - I appreciate that). He doesn't offer lots of extra information, but always gives thorough answers to my questions.

I am now mid-way through my pregnancy and he has been following me; again, thorough yet quick examinations that are always reassuring. I recommend Dr. Samaan. He is affiliated with Lasalle Hospital, which I have heard has a great birthing unit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Ne connait pas le tact. Fait des commentaires déplacés. Il me traite, mais je ne me sens pas rassurée. Après m'avoir vu pour une colposcopie, il m'a renvoyée directement à mon médecin de famille, ce qui a semblé etonner celle-ci puisqu'elle m'a expliqué qu'habituellement, quand on envoyait une patiente voir un spécialiste, le spécialiste faisait au moins 1 ou 2 suivis avec la patiente par la suite. Finalement, Dr Samaan m'a rapellé parce que je n'avais pas rien, comme il avait dit lors de mon examen. Je ne suis pas rassurrée qu'il n'ait pas considéré faire de suivi en premier lieu et la manière dont il parle est très condéscendante. À lire les commentaires plus bas, j'avais l'impression qu'il était bon pour les suivis de grossesses, et plutôt médiocre pour le suivi de problèmes gynécologyques. Après ma propre expérience, je vois que mon observation s'avère juste. Sa "rapidité" dénotte une négligence et sa hâte à me retourner en clinique normalle alors que j'aurai finalement besoin de traitements pour les 4 prochaines années me fait sérieusement douter de son assiduité. Dès que j'aurai l'occasion, je ferai transférer mon dossier ailleurs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

Il est très rassurant. Toutefois lorsqu'on doit le voir à la clinique MDM le système de rendez-vous laisse à désirer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I had a very good experience with Dr Samaan. I was looking for a second opinion on my pains and he was recommended by my family doctor. I am extremely grateful for his work. I'm 34 and I've got my life back. He's warm and very professional. As a personal observation for ladies who are looking for info's on doctors on websites like this ... usually if we have a good experience, we don't find the time or motivation to come back and live a comment ... But I'm feeling so good and grateful that I took the time to write a comment. ... And, yes, his team from Verdun Hospital, is very good! Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2013

HORRIBLE. spent the whole time telling me i should lose weight even though i explained i was on a diet and losing 10 pounds a week.... apparently i need to lose 20. would not let me explain myself. gave me cream but wouldnt tell me what it was for then didnt believe i started school already (i needed a note) NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER GO AND SEE HIM. first time i came out of a doctor feeling worst then i went in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

I would never recomend this doctor even to my worst enemy, thats how bad i felt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

Further info to note below - not only run for your life, but run before it is too late. Just got final diagnosis from following test at St.Luc with my new obgyn there that I might have cancer and it might have spread already, will know in a week. New obgyn was appaled when he heard what Saman said and clearly said something was missed in previous tests. Do follow your instincts when they tell you a doc is wrong, but especially when Saman tells you everything is fine and you can have children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2012

Was refered to him by my GP/Family doctor over 6 years ago. Was quick to diagnose PCOS - which I learned YESTERDAY was a wrong diagnosis and a common diagnosis when OBGYN don't want to look further. Also was under his care at the ER twice while in haemorrhage - VERY poor follow up, ended with him telling me after third referral by ER following bleeding for 3 weeks straight (not heavy bleeding, but bleeding continuously) : "I can't do anything for you - that's why I refered you to hospital St-Luc,just wait until you are in HEAVY hemorrhage and go to their ER". He would not even give me a referral to be seen right away at St-Luc hospital - he just wanted to get rid of me and told me to wait until I was practically bleeding to death! I took a chance and went directly to St-Luc ER nonetheless, where 2 doctors were appalled by how he treated me and what he had said. If you're just looking for an annual "Everything is ok ma'am" diagnosis, see him. Otherwise just run for your life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1677752].votes_count ]]