Rate Dr. Magdy Samaan

Dr. Magdy Samaan's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

I had a very good experience with Dr Samaan. I was looking for a second opinion on my pains and he was recommended by my family doctor. I am extremely grateful for his work. I'm 34 and I've got my life back. He's warm and very professional. As a personal observation for ladies who are looking for info's on doctors on websites like this ... usually if we have a good experience, we don't find the time or motivation to come back and live a comment ... But I'm feeling so good and grateful that I took the time to write a comment. ... And, yes, his team from Verdun Hospital, is very good! Good luck!

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

HORRIBLE. spent the whole time telling me i should lose weight even though i explained i was on a diet and losing 10 pounds a week.... apparently i need to lose 20. would not let me explain myself. gave me cream but wouldnt tell me what it was for then didnt believe i started school already (i needed a note) NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER GO AND SEE HIM. first time i came out of a doctor feeling worst then i went in.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2013 | flag

I would never recomend this doctor even to my worst enemy, thats how bad i felt.

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

Submitted July 6, 2013 | flag

Further info to note below - not only run for your life, but run before it is too late. Just got final diagnosis from following test at St.Luc with my new obgyn there that I might have cancer and it might have spread already, will know in a week. New obgyn was appaled when he heard what Saman said and clearly said something was missed in previous tests. Do follow your instincts when they tell you a doc is wrong, but especially when Saman tells you everything is fine and you can have children.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2012 | flag

Was refered to him by my GP/Family doctor over 6 years ago. Was quick to diagnose PCOS - which I learned YESTERDAY was a wrong diagnosis and a common diagnosis when OBGYN don't want to look further. Also was under his care at the ER twice while in haemorrhage - VERY poor follow up, ended with him telling me after third referral by ER following bleeding for 3 weeks straight (not heavy bleeding, but bleeding continuously) : "I can't do anything for you - that's why I refered you to hospital St-Luc,just wait until you are in HEAVY hemorrhage and go to their ER". He would not even give me a referral to be seen right away at St-Luc hospital - he just wanted to get rid of me and told me to wait until I was practically bleeding to death! I took a chance and went directly to St-Luc ER nonetheless, where 2 doctors were appalled by how he treated me and what he had said. If you're just looking for an annual "Everything is ok ma'am" diagnosis, see him. Otherwise just run for your life.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2011 | flag

Very understanding, listens to you and will find answers. Will make time for you.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2011 | flag

C'était le gynéco de ma mère, c'est lui qui a procédé à son accouchement (de moi!) et maintenant c'est mon gynécologue, il est très sympathique et très professionnel. Il ne faut pas laisser quelques cas isolé ternir sa réputation car c'est un très bon médecin. Il a réussi à trouver ce que j'avais alors que les autres docteurs me disaient que ''ça allait passer, c'est rien, prends des pilules'' Alors oui, je le recommande aussi!

Submitted May 16, 2011 | flag

Wow, j'ai demandé si je pouvais remplir une demande auprès de la csst pour un retrait préventif à 26 semaines,car je travail dans un bureau, mais je lève des boîtes souvent et emplus j'avais eu des saignements. Il m'a répondu:Je ne fais pas de papier administratif, j'en ai assez comme ca. Si vous voulez arrêter de travailler, vous arrêter de travailler, si vous voulez travailler, vous travailler.Si vous n'êtes pas contente de ma réponse, vous pouvez trouver une autre médecin". J'étais stressée et j'avais peur de perdre mon bébé. Allo? Il est où le professionnalisme? Ca ne m'a pas rassuré et je ne le conseille pas comme gényco. Il a un sourire et a l'air sympathique, mais quand la porte est fermé, on voit le vrai visage. Surtout ne lui poser pas trop de questions, il n'aime pas ca. Je crois que certains médecins n'ont juste pas cette vocation et un coeur à la bonne place. Voilà, trouvez vous un gényco qui saura répondre à vos inquiétudes et qui aime son travail. J'étais vraiment décue.

Submitted May 15, 2011 | flag