Dr. D Smith

Rate Dr. D Smith

Dr. D Smith's Ratings

Have been with Dr. Don Smith for 10 years. Great experience with him working though my medical problems. On going care is terrific.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

I've been very lucky to have such a fantastic doctor, he is not only knowledgeable but personable as well. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag

I am so pleased to have him as a family physician. We don't go to the doctor often, but it is such a relief to have someone listen, acknowledge and not dismiss concerns. Excellent bedside manner and the wisdom one would except from so many years at work. I don't know what we're going to do when he retires and we are forced into the dreaded orphan clinic.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2010 | flag

Couldn't ask for a better Doctor, knows me better than I know myself:), has helped me through cancer, depression, loss of loved ones, divorce, and numerous other problems, I think some would have given up, but thanks to him, I'm still here and a much better person. His staff are the best too!

Submitted April 8, 2010 | flag

I can't thank Dr. Smith enough. He has always been a great doctor for my entire family and has helped us through many tough time physically and emotionally over the years. He is extremely thorough and even when he is busy, he or his staff are sure to return a phone call to calm any worries. He's incredible at what he does and truely went into the profession for the right reasons - to help people! Thanks!

Submitted Nov. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr Smith is the best doctor I have ever had, he has the most amazing memory, and is very compassionate.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2009 | flag

Dr,Smith is the best Doctor ever. He makes you feel like your his only patient that day .Very informative and will answer all my questions even the stupid ones.I am sorry he is so overworked and hope this doesn't shorten his practice time getting burned out. To bad we can't clone a thousand more like him .We sure could use more like Dr. Smith in Kincardine.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. Smith is the kindest, most considerate doctor that I have encountered in my 63 years. He goes well beyond the scope of his responsibility to ensure that the patient (me) has left his office with the confidence that everything possible was done to determine that my health has been looked after to the best of his ability. I have a lot of health problems, and Dr. Smith has helped me, physically and mentally, deal with each problem as they came up. I dread the day when he says that he is going to retire as I have complete faith in the man. He is a Saint!!!!!! Thanx, Ken Texmo, Kincardine, [email protected] 519-396-9482

Submitted Feb. 16, 2009 | flag

There aren't enough positive words to describe Dr. Smith. He's not even my doctor - I had him in emerg after an ultrasound tech told me I had to stay and see someone. He was so comforting and requested that I return to emerg the next evening (when he was on call again) to "see how you're doing". Amazing! When I returned, emerg was very busy. He was back and forth in the rooms when he noticed me and walked right through the crowded room and asked "are you in as much pain as you look like you're in?" He immediately took me to the nursing station and instructed them to get me a room. He then prioritized my case and called a specialist immediately. He even got her to see me that night yet. He ordered an immediate injection for pain and I was on my way to Owen Sound. I can't believe that a doctor would go so out of their way to make certain that you were looked after. Many others would have just told me to see my own doctor and be on my way. Dr. Smith...you're one in a million! God, Bless!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2007 | flag

Doc Smith, is amazing . He has been my doctor for 10 years and has diagnosed several ailments I have suffered including Diabetes. He is very knowledgable, has a memory like an elephant,( he always seems to remember things from previous appointments that I had forgotten ). He is also extremely over worked. I can understand the frustration medical practioners have with our present medical system.He does not hesitate to send a patient to a specialist , which has led to diagnosis of rotator surgeries in my case.I was suffering a painful rectal problem a year ago, and visited the emegency ward at our local hospital. Dr. Smith was on call and actually placed a call to a surgeon in a near by town, who with Dr. Smith's encouragement agreed to see me the next morning when he performed an emergency operation . This would not have happened without Dr. Smiths intervention. I can only hope that he stays in our community for his entire career.

Submitted June 26, 2007 | flag