Rate Dr. Jamie Rappaport

Dr. Jamie Rappaport's Ratings

By far one of the worst physicians. I was referred to Dr. Rappaport for an emergency, and when my situation wasn't improving he refused to see me again and told me to go to the hospital. Turned out I had nothing like what he had diagnosed. He refused to see me for a follow up and turns out the infection had not gone away. He and his staff were unwilling to help. He takes no time with his patients, he is very rushed and he won't even accept calls from patients. Dr. Rappaport, please do not continue to practice medicine if this is how your patients are going to be treated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Worst health specialist I've ever seen. Cancelled my first appointment with only a few hours notice. Wouldn't give me his name when we finally met (He was known to me as my clinic's ENT doctor. I had to google his name) Couldn't get rid of me fast enough during this first appointment. Made me feel like I was taking his precious time. His audio lab never returned my phone calls, which to me was par for the course given his behaviour. After being stood up by his audio lab, I gave up on Dr. Rappaport.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Went to see him for a second opinion for my inner ear imbalance. Seemed very kind and patient. Gave me hope after a previous ENT told me there is no solution for my problem. Word of advise never be satisfied with one doctor even if you`ve done all the tests...someone else might help you differently.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

By far the worst and most arrogant doctor I have seen. Following improper treatment for an ear infection, I became almost totally deaf in one ear, but the worst problem was hyperacusis, an hyper-sensitivity to certain types of sounds. The latter really makes my life miserable. Add to that the fact that I work as a recording engineer, and you have the recipe for disaster. After seeing 2 other ENT doctors who were either incompetent or didn't give a damn about my case (I was expecting that because of the state of medicare in Québec), a friend who used to work with Dr Rappaport suggested I should see him. He greeted me with "what do you expect from me". When I replied "help", he said he was not keen on taking over someone else's file. When I explained the unsuccessful process I had gone through, he simply replied "I cannot change the system". When I asked if he had suggestions to make, he gave me the business card of a high end clinic. I call that criminally irresponsible...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

The doctor is ok but I did not find the staff very nice. My biggest complaint is that I insisted on only having my ears checked because I had fluid behind the eardrums but they insisted that I had to have a hearing test, which cost $90 and is not covered by my insurance. When I finally saw the doctor, it was for 2 minutes max and I was given a prescription. I ask a few questions and they were answered but not very much to my satisfaction. If your ears are blocked and there is no infection, a nasal spray or an operation are not the only solutions. Look up the Otovent. It worked wonders for me and a friend of mine. All in all, it wasn't an entirely unpleasant visit, but it's clear that processing patients as quickly as possible for maximum profits was the name of the game. It didn't inspire too much confidence that the admin staff evidently didn't like each other either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Hi, I was always very happy and satisfied with Dr Jamie Rappaport.I will just say he changed my status from DISABLED person to a NORMAL. Thanks Dr Rappaport.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2012

AWESOME Dr. Very thoughtful, took the time to explain everything. It is nice to see there are still doctors out there who put the patient's care first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2012

Inefficient and uncaring. To sum up WORST doctor I have seen. He misdiagnosed me and when I came the second time after getting the right tests done elsewhere, he started showing some care to save face.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2011

Clone this Dr.! They should all be like him. Exceptionally knowledgeable , and will tell you when something is outside his field of knowledge. Bedside-manner... they don't make nicer dr.'s! He always has enough time to answer all of my questions, and I never feel rushed. He is a very busy guy and involved in many boards, clinics,... but you would never know it, since he is so unpretentious and down to earth with his patients. No unreasonable wait at each appointment, and not too hard to book an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1678270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2011

Dr Rappaport a été le 3e ORL que je consultais; je m'apprêtais à porter des appareils auditifs, car les 2 précédents ne voulaient pas m'opérer pour régler mon problème d'otosclérose, mais Dr Rappaport m'a proposé sans hésitation de pratiquer l'opération et ce fût un succès. J'avais un peu peur de subir cette opération et il a été d'une très grande gentillesse avant et après l'opération. Cela fait 10 ans déjà. J'ai dû le reconsulter au début de 2011 et c'est avec grande joie que j'ai retrouvé le même médecin aussi à l'écoute et attentionné que lors de notre premier rendez-vous. Je le recommande fortement autant pour sa compétence que pour sa gentillesse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1678269].votes_count ]]