Dr. Arthur Harpur

Rate Dr. Arthur Harpur

Dr. Arthur Harpur's Ratings

I love being a patient of Dr. Harpur. He is a sweet person who genuinely cares for you and he is very knowledgable. Whenever he doesn't know what to do, then he refers you to a specialist, which is amazing!

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

I have been his patient for 9 years. He is a kind and knowledgeable man. He helped assess my special needs child with compassion. He did 3 things that disturbed me. I have tried to talk about it with him but got nowhere. 1. He asked me if I "had been a bad girl" when I asked for blood work and std tests at the beginning of a relationship. 2. He inserted an IUD which was very painful, I could barely drive to pick up my child. He ignored my feedback on 2 separate occasions. I felt it was unsafe for me to have to drive. 3. When he assessed me with fibroids he said I would need a hysterectomy. On my next visit I told him that if had upset me that he had leapt to that conclusion. He said " why would you want to keep a diseased organ that had served its function" I would caution female patients.

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

**The best doctor EVER. He listens and asks questions. What may seem like a relaxed conversation about life and what I have been doing is really his way to diagnosed what I hide....he finds out all kinds of things by just talking. Very clever strategy. My kids have seen him from a very young age and the one still living in Vancouver still sees him; my husband also sees him. I have been seing him for over 20 years and trust him with my health. A great doctor

Submitted March 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. H is one of the best doctors I've seen in BC. I thought he was a bit brusque when I first started seeing him, but 10 years on he's like an old friend. His wife was my OB/GYN. He sometimes does get distracted with other topics, but that makes him seem human. He doesn't dole out drugs w/o cause and prefers real solutions. I was last there at Christmas and numerous patients brought him gifts. I forgot and felt bad. He is a genuinely caring doctor and fairly proactive. He's not afraid to order lab tests and seems happy to talk about an issue as many times as you need to. My biggest concern is that he'll retire and I'll have to find someone new.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Harpur for 20yrs. Although I live over an hour from Vancouver I cannot bring myself to see anyone else. He delivered my daughter and she also has been with him since her first day of life. He is caring, knowlegdeable, thorough and has a great sense of humor. He has a way of making you feel comfortable and relaxed and that he truely has your best interest at heart.

Submitted April 8, 2010 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Art for a couple of years only. Already it feels as if I have been going to see him for years and years. Art has a way of giving you his total undivided attention without making you feel rushed. He is down to earth and not a "pill pushing" doctor. He is genuinely interested in his patients well being. He looks to resolve the core issue instead of just giving you a prescription. I appreciate his straightforward manner and his honesty when I deal with him. Not just a great doctor but a really great person as well.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2010 | flag

Often this doctor is in too much of a rush which reduces the helpfulness (perhaps fewer appointments should be scheduled). Sometimes this doctor seems more interested in discussing irrelevant topics.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2009 | flag

Dr Art, as my kids call him, is a wonderful doctor. He takes the time and attention to not only deal with whatever medical issue you have, but he also takes the time to know what's going on in your life. Even when I'm there by myself, he always takes the time to ask about the family, especially one of my sons who has a severe medical condition. He is always ontop of the latest medical news and always translates medical issues into terms we can understand. My only complaint would be the office staff. They have proven to be less than friendly and efficient on occasion.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2009 | flag

Dr. Harpur uses the latest technology to assist in the diagnosis of medical conditions and to track his patients progress. He is thorough in his examinations and is a great communicator. His referrals to medical specialists when required is timely and effective. He is a doctor's doctor.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2009 | flag

Art Harpur is wonderful. He's knowledgeable, down to earth, knows what to ask and gives a sense of confidence. He's been my doctor for 21 years and I would not go anywhere else for important concerns. Plus, he has a great sense of humor and is fun to visit.

Submitted March 19, 2009 | flag