You may also like

Rate Dr. Daniel Ozimok

Dr. Daniel Ozimok's Ratings

Dr ozimok has been my doctors for 25 years. He has 'cared' for my whole family, and has ruined all our lives at one point in time. First off, he diagnosed me when I was 14, didn't tell me, didn't tell my parents. I went 10 years untreated as he never told anyone. When he finally did tell me my diagnosis, it was meds here there and everywhere. I had to beg for 3 consecutive appointments (months later) to get referred to a theropist or someone who could help, he finally sent me to a councillor for one session...every time I go to him I leave feeling like I'm retarded, he doesn't listen, talks down to, pushes meds that clearly won't help, and wants to up meds that cause bad side effects. On a compleatly separate note, he also told me there is no such thing as fertility testing and refused to reffer me to anyone. I still havnt got any help from this doctor and am looking for another who will do their job.

He misdiagnosed my mother and she went years in pain until she went to see another doctor to get the right diagnosis. And my father showed up one day for his appointment for ozimok to say "I don't have time for you"

It takes forever to get through on the phone, and after trying all day on the phone, I can't get in to see him for weeks. I don't understand why he's so busy when he shouldn't have a licence. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! He is rude and unsafe with his practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2797745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I have been seeing Dan for over 30 years and have never had any trouble with getting an appointment in a timely fashion and have found the staff very helpful an pleasant and willing to discuss my concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Ozimok for a little bit over 22 years. & I don't know why I keep coming back. I am currently looking for a new doctor especially after my last visit it was the last straw. At one point I went to him with extreme headaches that have been going on for months requesting an MRI which he kept denying and the first thing he did was prescribed me pills which I found out were antidepressants. When I told him that I was not depressed and didn't want to take these he said it's all in my head. Recently I visited him with my newborn son. My husband and I decided not to Vaccinate our son and went to see him for something completely different. When he heard that we are not vaccinating our child he told us that if we don't and do not come in for regular scheduled checkups then he cannot take my son as a patient. Call me crazy but is that not denying health care? it is almost impossible to get through to his office over the phone. You almost need to go there to make an appointment. Cindy is extremely rude I don't know why she even worked with the public. His wife is just as bad. They are all miserable and every time I would go in there I would always leave in a bad mood. This doctor should not be practicing he is definitely a pill pusher. He is a drug dealer with a license and should be stopped.never on time you are always sitting waiting in a room full of people. I have nothing good to say about him or the people who work there we are currently looking for a new doctor I just wish I would have done this a very long time ago. Like others have said on this post RUN!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2674553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

Dan does not listen to his patients. He is a drug pusher. When it comes to mental health issues he prescribes SSRI drugs like candy when they have serious effects. He should be referring his patients to psychiatrists or councilors first before giving them drugs with horrible side effects

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dan has been my Doc for over 30 years. He is quick to refer to a specialist as he should be and I am grateful for that. If I have an issue I want a specialist I do not expect my GP to specialize in everything I just want him to get me to an expert. Yes he is busy but when something serious comes up, he is there, and he cares. I find him professional and knowledgeable and caring. I saw a very bad review for him here and the comments didnt sound accurate and then I realized it wasn't even his patient so not first hand information. I think his wife is great , I have NEVER experience any rudeness with her. Yes it is a little hard to get through one the phone but other than that I think they are great LR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1680356].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Ozimok for 30 years, from when he opened his practice on Wellington Street. I have seen a decline in his ability to diagnose and is quick to refer to a specialist. Unless you get an 8: 00am appointment, he is usually late. I find he takes more time with babies ,young children and old people. I found over the years he give out less medication especially for cold , flu and pain. As with previous comments, he told me to loose weight because I had knee pain and did not want to give me any pain medication, just walked out the door to the next patient. The staff are the worst, especially his wife, rude on the phone and at the desk. Phone is always busy and can never cancel an appointment on time. If they are so busy, why not get another phone line and receptionist. I would rather go to the afterhours clinic, than have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. Once I find another doctor, I'm out of there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1680355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2013

You are definately taking your life in your hands when you visit this miserable bunch. Life seems very unhappy for them but I dont let them get me down :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1680354].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2011

In my opinion Dr. Ozimok is a poor excuse for a Doctor. All he cares about is getting you in (so he can bill for the visit) & getting you out as soon as possible....so he can bill for the next patient. I have never ever seen any sign of caring from this man. Nor has he ever been the least bit helpful. I Agree with the other person who said run as fast as you can! I would rather have no family Dr. then go to him. I prefer the long wait at the walk in clinics then to have to deal with both his lack of concern & knowledge. His bad attitude and lack of caring has also transferred over to his staff. They are extremely rude and should not be dealing with the public. Again, all I can say is run, run, run!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1680353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

This DR. has been our family Dr. for 19 years now. I met him at the Painswick walkin clinic, 4 months pregnant without a Family DR. He told me that he would take my family in to his practice and call on Monday to get my prenatal appointments set up. Dan has been amazing ever since with advice, experise and frank professionalism. He has seen us through pregnancies,Imunizations,Multiple Sclorosis, CCSVI, Diabetis, Femoral Hernia, Setting up Home care, ADHD Children, Adolescents with Anxiety, Depression, Infections,Coughs Colds Flu, Chest pain High blood pressure, Referals to Many other health care specailist promptly. He has conducted Health follow ups, Physicals and maintained Care. He has been a great Support for our family and our Children call him DR. DAN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1680352].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

I have been with Dr. Dan for 22 years, and I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes. I am able to get an appointment within the week, or within the day if urgent. He has always been willing to run tests, never pushed medication on me, and is quite willing to refer me (or my family members) to a specialist if necessary. He is a great guy and I consider myself fortunate to have him as my doctor! T. Kerr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1680351].votes_count ]]