Rate Dr. Daniel Ozimok

Dr. Daniel Ozimok's Ratings

Dan has been my Doc for over 30 years. He is quick to refer to a specialist as he should be and I am grateful for that. If I have an issue I want a specialist I do not expect my GP to specialize in everything I just want him to get me to an expert. Yes he is busy but when something serious comes up, he is there, and he cares. I find him professional and knowledgeable and caring. I saw a very bad review for him here and the comments didnt sound accurate and then I realized it wasn't even his patient so not first hand information. I think his wife is great , I have NEVER experience any rudeness with her. Yes it is a little hard to get through one the phone but other than that I think they are great LR

Submitted July 16, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Ozimok for 30 years, from when he opened his practice on Wellington Street. I have seen a decline in his ability to diagnose and is quick to refer to a specialist. Unless you get an 8: 00am appointment, he is usually late. I find he takes more time with babies ,young children and old people. I found over the years he give out less medication especially for cold , flu and pain. As with previous comments, he told me to loose weight because I had knee pain and did not want to give me any pain medication, just walked out the door to the next patient. The staff are the worst, especially his wife, rude on the phone and at the desk. Phone is always busy and can never cancel an appointment on time. If they are so busy, why not get another phone line and receptionist. I would rather go to the afterhours clinic, than have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. Once I find another doctor, I'm out of there.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2013 | flag

You are definately taking your life in your hands when you visit this miserable bunch. Life seems very unhappy for them but I dont let them get me down :-)

Submitted Nov. 27, 2011 | flag

In my opinion Dr. Ozimok is a poor excuse for a Doctor. All he cares about is getting you in (so he can bill for the visit) & getting you out as soon as possible....so he can bill for the next patient. I have never ever seen any sign of caring from this man. Nor has he ever been the least bit helpful. I Agree with the other person who said run as fast as you can! I would rather have no family Dr. then go to him. I prefer the long wait at the walk in clinics then to have to deal with both his lack of concern & knowledge. His bad attitude and lack of caring has also transferred over to his staff. They are extremely rude and should not be dealing with the public. Again, all I can say is run, run, run!!!

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

This DR. has been our family Dr. for 19 years now. I met him at the Painswick walkin clinic, 4 months pregnant without a Family DR. He told me that he would take my family in to his practice and call on Monday to get my prenatal appointments set up. Dan has been amazing ever since with advice, experise and frank professionalism. He has seen us through pregnancies,Imunizations,Multiple Sclorosis, CCSVI, Diabetis, Femoral Hernia, Setting up Home care, ADHD Children, Adolescents with Anxiety, Depression, Infections,Coughs Colds Flu, Chest pain High blood pressure, Referals to Many other health care specailist promptly. He has conducted Health follow ups, Physicals and maintained Care. He has been a great Support for our family and our Children call him DR. DAN.

Submitted May 27, 2011 | flag

I have been with Dr. Dan for 22 years, and I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes. I am able to get an appointment within the week, or within the day if urgent. He has always been willing to run tests, never pushed medication on me, and is quite willing to refer me (or my family members) to a specialist if necessary. He is a great guy and I consider myself fortunate to have him as my doctor! T. Kerr

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Ozimok for 14 years. He took me on as a patient through a family member when I moved to Barrie. I usually get in for my appt. relatively close to the time scheduled. I find his staff to be quite short with me which comes across as rude. He will rush me if I don't assert myself and have a list of questions ready. He has gotten up and started to leave the room before I was finished talking to him. I found he was extremely unhelpful to my husband who was having mental health issues, and my husband had to go into a crisis situation and go to emerg. for any help. I am having a lot of problems with my back which he says is my own fault because I am overweight, and tells me there is no back specialist he can refer me to. I recently asked for copies of some test results to take to another health practioner; his staff told me they could provide them, but he would have to de-commission me as a patient until I was done with this alternative practitioner, leaving me with no family doctor! Is this even allowed?

Submitted May 8, 2011 | flag

ALWAYS BEHIND & IN A BIG RUSH TO GET YOU OUT OF HIS OFFICE. I FEEL THAT MY HEALTH CARE IS BEING COMPERMISED. WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW DR.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2011 | flag

This so called doctor is extremely neglegent and should not be allowed to practice at all. With his late diagnosis to his cavalier attitude about handing out pain medication like it is candy. If it had not been for his lack of care, his lack of skill and his out and out laziness, he would have been able to perhaps diagnose my parents with cancer (which they both have, one is inoperable since he was too late, telling my mother that she had pnemonia for a year). Thank god my mother went to a walk in clinic.. they found the cancer, not Ozimok! This is not someone that should be trusted with one's health. He doesn't care. He is the grim reaper dressed in a white lab coat. He is being reported to the RCofPSO. Run in the opposite direction of this very inept and careless person.. just run! Your health and life depend on it.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2010 | flag

excellent doctor - great attitude and pleasant manner - would recommend to anyone

Submitted Aug. 10, 2010 | flag