Rate Dr. Steven D. Spandorfer

Dr. Steven D. Spandorfer's Ratings

After a hysteroscopy and one IVF cycle, we have beautiful girl / boy twins thanks to Dr. Spandorfer. Couldn't have asked for a better Dr. or staff

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014 | flag

Dr Steven Spandorfer is an excellent doctor. He is ridiculously intelligent and skilled. No matter who the patient he and his staff go out of there way to make sure everything is running properly. They give full focus to that patient and fulfilling their needs.

Submitted June 16, 2014 | flag

I came to Dr. Spandorfer after 3 unsuccessful retrievals at another NYC clinic. He gave my husband and I hope after we heard time and time again that I make quantity but not quality eggs, and at 40 my options were to consider donor egg. We began working with him in September and by November he personally saw me 13 times! With my other practioner that I was with for a year and a half, he saw me only 5! The personal attention I received, detailed answers and his lovely staff, Nurse Jackie and Carolina, I honestly can't say enough. I said to my husband before we received our great news (I'm pregnant with our biological twins!!) that if it didn't work, I believe I gave this my last ditch effort for success. He heard me out, he was direct, he was kind and I loved, loved, loved, having one nurse to deal with, one office administrator and one doctor!!! Also want to mention that Cornell is the only clinic I know of that allows SO's to sit with patients after retrievals.

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

I did not have significant issues with the doctor, but there needs to be accountabilityd for his administration staff was unprofessional and un acceptable. His mismanagement of his staff, their incompetence accelerated my bleeding from my fibroids. The office mismanaged my medicine order three times, including the last time where I was not able to receive the medicine to stop the bleeding, which led to an emergency surgery elsewhere. I spend multiple hours on the phone with them and the insurance agency trying to get my order in, while I continued to bleed and feel faint. When I left messages on their phone line, the calls were not always returned (the nurse responsible for the medication). The final straw was when they booked my surgery on the wrong date. Prior to getting the doctors approval, and my knowledge. Finally I got a call from them weeks later telling me the order for the medicine I didn't need anymore (which I had cancelled) was in.

Submitted April 12, 2014 | flag

I started seeing Dr. Spandorfer in June after 10+ years of infertility and bad experiences with other REs. I cannot praise him enough! My first IVF cycle resulted in an early loss and his sympathy and concern felt 100% genuine through the whole process. I trust him unreservedly with my medical care. He's very clearly knowledgeable and has always answered all of my questions fully. And he's nice! His nurse Jackie is amazing--prompt & compassionate. Morning monitoring everywhere feels like a cattle drive, but I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes--unlike my experience at Columbia. CRMI has always seemed like a well-oiled machine. I don't need someone to hold my hand through appointments--I just want to have a child. And I'm confident that Dr. Spandorfer can help me with that.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2013 | flag

I'd seen 2 other doctors at different practices prior to seeing Dr Spandorfer, both horrible experiences. What I liked about Dr S, is that he's factual and did not hold us emotionally hostage. He gave us his opinion, explained the reasoning behind it, did not pressure us in making a decision right away, reviewed our prior test results and ordered new ones. His staff is very efficient and caring, a big + when you're a nervous wreck. I saw Dr S for the majority of my appts, all monitoring ultrasound was performed by him or another physician; never a tech. Jackie, his nurse, is very prompt at getting back to you, reassuring, knowledgeable and a delightful person. I felt Dr S was very focused and I felt at ease with him but you do need to ask questions. I'd always call the nurse afterwards with more questions as I thought things over once I left the office; with all drs, you need to ask and not wait for info to be fed to you. Anyways, we did our 1st IVF cycle with him and we're pregnant!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr. Spandorfer may be knowledgeable but he does not take any initiative to provide customized care case by case basis. He puts patients into the standardized protocol for IVF, if it works its fine or else he recommends donor egg program. This is completely unacceptable from a doctor at Cornell.

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

Thanks to him I now have a beautiful healthy little girl! I have recommended him a few times and they have had great experiences as well.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2012 | flag

great dr!!!!! warm, helpful, etc... I would recommend him in a heart beat !!

Submitted Oct. 18, 2012 | flag

I felt compelled to write a review after I happened upon Dr. Spandorfer’s rating while researching ratings for another doctor. I was a patient of Dr. S’s for about a year and from my experience, he was wonderful. He was very warm and always had a smile. He’s not a hold-your-hand kind of doctor and does have somewhat of a frat boy persona (as I’ve heard him described before), i.e., he makes jokes and tries to make you laugh. But he does answer all of your questions and never made me feel rushed (though he is the type of dr you need to ask questions). We had severe mfi...He never pushed expensive treatments on me, as another reviewer commented. In fact, he recommended conservative treatments for almost a year (acupuncture then iui’s) until I told him I was ready to move on to ivf. I’m now 6 months pregnant through ivf. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him.

Submitted June 20, 2012 | flag