Rate Dr. Christine W. Maynard

Dr. Christine W. Maynard's Ratings

Was great when it came to deliver my son, though she was brutal (doesn't know what being gentle is). Also, gave me rectal exam with no warning. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was nowhere to be found. It took me many phone calls to have her call me back. She later advised that I have my uterus "burned" (aka BBQing your uterus) because the wall of my uterus had thickened. Thank God I had second advise. Hormonal treatment often leads to the thickening of the uterus. She should have known. The Oncological GYN whom I consulted for second advise also said that BBQing the uterus is the worst thing one could do: once you've done that, tumors cannot be seen anymore, and when you eventually see there, it's because they've spread everywhere.

Submitted Dec. 6, 2013 | flag

She was my doctor for 25 years. I have an incurable and fatal cancer due to this doctor's lack of action over the years. She was negligent and careless. When she got my biopsy, she treated it as something run of the mill, even though the horrible diagnosis was right there in front of her.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Maynard has been my OB/GYN for 9 years. She did not deliver my first child due to scheduling conflict but she delivered my second child. I can't tell you how amazing she was in the delivery room. Not that the first doctor was bad, she wasn't. Dr. Maynard went above and beyond to make my delivery very easy. She really knows what she's doing.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Maynard has been my OBGYN for over 25 years, she delivered my twins, it was a complicated pregnancy and a difficult delivery yet the outcome was really successful due to her incredible skill, expertise and knowledge. I also find her extremely caring, compassionate and friendly. She genuinely cares about her patients.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

I have been with Christine Maynard for at least 25 years. She's acceptional and being a woman she understands from a woman's point of view the situation. I'd recommend her to everyone.... and have. Sally

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Maynard is amazing. She delivered my daughter via c-section and performed my LEEP the following year. She is so knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon. I actually get complimented on my LEEP scar during pap smears, which is unbelievably awkward but just goes to show how terrific she is. I am so sad that she is no longer in obstetrics. I felt so very fortunate to have been in such great hands during my pregnancy.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

I chose my OB/GYN for my 1st baby based on the reviews on rateMDs.com.For an year or so Dr.Maynard may have been(arguably) presented as the best OB/GYN in town.I would rate her at about 3 upon 5. Dr. Maynard was nice n friendly during my initial visits though she always had too little time. However,her expertise and confidence reflected her experience in compensation for that. During each visit,I was pronounced healthy & to be having an absolutely normal pregnancy.Around 24-28 wks into my pregnancy,I began having more questions and this is probably when Dr. Maynard began turning apathetic.Her expressions regarded my questions to be intolerable though our meetings never exceeded 6-7 minutes.For someone who doesn't make babies every year,or hasn't made one ever before,the bedside manner that Dr.Maynard then displayed,may not've been what the doctor ordered.May be that she is professionally inclined to enjoy the complicated cases exclusively - Not my best description of an OB/GYN.

Submitted July 10, 2010 | flag

Dr Maynard delievered my last 2 children via C-section. I could not be more pleased. From the office for each visit, until the time I was dicharged from the hospital she has always had an excellent bedside manner. She has always made me feel comfortable, and has always answered any questions I have had. I only wish she had delivered my first child. Maybe I would have not had such a horrible experience. Thank you again Dr Maynard for being such a wonderful doctor.

Submitted April 14, 2009 | flag

I had a few rough patches in 2 of my pregnancies and she was very knowledgeable and comforting. Beware of the wait. I always tried for end of day when I wasn't busy or right after their lunch. Also beware the pawn off to nurse practitioner. I love the NPs....don't get me wrong, I got to know everyone very well, but when you have a specific issue that your doctor has been tracking it is nice to actually see YOUR DOCTOR. If it was just a bp, weight, and baby heartbeat check I didn't mind at all, which is all most prenatal appts are. She's just a well respected doctor that tons of people want to see at the same time. She does great and so does the office, just bring a good book or two :) WORTH THE WAIT!

Submitted March 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Maynard had an easy, relaxed personality and an excellent "bedside" manner. I was pregnant w/my first child, and very anxious. She calmed my nerves well and was extremely knowledgeable about everything. I was sad when I had to leave her to move out of state. Highly recommend!

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag