Rate Dr. Yves Duchastel

Dr. Yves Duchastel's Ratings

Un médecin attentif et très humain. En voilà un qui ne s'est pas trompé en choisissant la médecine. A tout de suite saisi que j'étais angoissée et a tout fait pour me rassurer, sans raillerie, sans condescendance.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

I was very impressed with my visit for dizziness and loss of balance. Dr Duchastel listened to me, took the time to check my symptoms carefully, asked questions, and referred me for a scan as precaution. He told me if you don't ask questions, you won't get any nswers, which was his way of telling me it was ok that I had concerns. He was very comforting and wasn't condescending. I appreciated the time he spent with me and would definitely refer him to anyone who needs a neurologist.

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

Went to see this doctor for headake on effort. Mainly when i do cardio. Playing volleyball, running, crossfiting etc... Basicaly everybody around me is able to do sport without having an headake. The only thing the doctor told me is than the blood who goes in my brain is not returning to my body fast enought, causing pressure and pain. He told me i was an excessive guy and to calm down on sport and that was it.....I do not consider volleyball as an excessive sport and i wonder why everybody on the court can played all day without a problem.. So the doctor didn't help me at all, i will need to see an other one to have cross confirmation of is basic diagnostic. I do not recommend this doctor.

Submitted May 27, 2011 | flag

Prior to moving to Montreal, Dr. Duchastel was my family doctor for many years. I have only good things to say about him. Caring. Compassionate. Respectful. Never condescending. Secure enough in his person to tell you when he didn't know the answer to some question and open enough to believe that you might have some knowledge of your own body after living with it for many years. Along with Dr. Gold, he cared for my husband in the final two years of his life. I will always be grateful to both men for representing the highest ideals in their profession. My grandfather was an old country doctor who traveled at all hours to see patients in their homes and received them in his home, even when the severity of rheumatoid arthritis required him to seek help in putting on a suit coat. He never charged a patient who didn't have money. So I have very high standards for what a doctor can be. Dr. Duchastel has consistently met these standards, and I am sad that he is no longer my doctor.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2010 | flag

pas à l'écoute du patient du tout. J'avais un suivi pour la saaq et la seule chose qu'il a fait c'est de me parler de cas PLUS grave que moi.

Submitted April 8, 2010 | flag

I was very impressed with dr Duchastel bed side manners. Really does take the time to listen and answer questions, very polite. As mentionned by another patient, you really don't feel like you are just a number with this doctor, he makes you feels as if you were the only patient he's treating that day. He does ask questions about daily routines and life but in a professionnal manner and in my opinion, this is to establish your state of mine, mental health and well being! Does a full workup, professionnal, takes time to listen... best experience so far with a doctor!

Submitted Dec. 4, 2009 | flag

J'ai trouvé Dr Duchastel très consciencieux. Il s'efforce de prendre le temps avec les patients. Il a visiblement à coeur la santé (physique et mentale) de ses patients.

Submitted June 15, 2009 | flag

Je travail dans le milieu médical et j'en ai vue de mauvais médecin. Dr.Duchastel est une perle rare! Humain, connaissant et à l'écoute. J'espère le garder longtemps comme médecin de famille.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2008 | flag

Quel être condescendant et incompétent! Ignore totalement le patient pendant qu'il enregistre ses remarques à voix haute. A fuir ...

Submitted Sept. 10, 2008 | flag

I really didn't like this doctor. He asked me personal questions about my sex life (what I did , how and when...)and other personal things that had nothing to do with my headaches. He did a physical exam also and made me feel very unfomfortable when i told him I wanted to keep my tank top on instead of just keeping my bra on........ Really, he was extremely unhelpful and unprofessional.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2008 | flag