Dr. Greg G. Markarian

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Greg G. Markarian has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Greg G. Markarian
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5174291
11/02/14 5 5 5 5 I first met dr.markarian after another dr.had operated on my elbow twice.one visit and he had me scheduled for surgery and within 3 months I was back to work. Recently I had a tear in my shoulder in which he operated on.i did therapy and have not had any pain since.i had to drive 50 miles one way to his office,but I know the results are well worth it!thank you dr.markarian and your staff excellent
Respond

29/01/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 4294224

27/01/14 1 1 1 1 Staff is unorganized. Dr. Markarian does not care about his patients or listen to them for that matter. He is in and out of the room in under 10 minutes after you wait for over 2 hours for your appointment. I would and will not reccommend anyone go here for any reason unless you dont care if your opinion and feelings about your own body matters.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Greg" to "Greg G."
RID: 2806071
22/08/13 5 1 1 4 Personally, he is a great person. If I needed an alternative to a replacement, I would choose him. The problem is he takes no extra time or effort with you if surgery is not needed, and will recommend unnecessary physical therapy. He has no concept of the fact that people do not always have the time or money to waste their time on unnecessary treatment. He spends the absolute minimum amount of time with you after sometimes waiting hours in the waiting room. He will not see you if you don't bring a disc and will need to reschedule a whole week later because he won't take an extra day out of his busy week schedule to come in more than one day a week. Then when you have the disc doesn't show you anything. Your time is precious if you aren't looking to have surgery, find another doctor.
RID: 2703825
09/07/13 5 2 5 5 Dr. Markarian is excellent both in the office and at the hospital. I've had the privilege to know him for many years and has helped numerous family members whom I've trusted him with. He's the only ortho I'd trust and that alone is priceless!
Insurance: HealthFirst
RID: 2700056
03/07/13 5 1 3 3 I've been a patient for at least a year or so. FIVE STARS FOR THE STAFF! They work well together. Doc really needs to APPRECIATE THEM A LOT MORE BECAUSE THEY'RE VERY PROMPT IN ATTENDING HIS PATIENTS, It's not the staffs fault if other patients are not following his orders, Example; When I was seen this Tuesday(July 2nd), He mentioned to one of the girls about a patient not going to physical therapy, He didn't listen when she was trying to explain and the other girl tried responding too but he seemed not to care about her response and walked away. How is this their fault? If us as patients do not follow his treatment plan? DOCTOR IS A GOOD SURGEON, but he seems to be doing a lot more surgeries on me than what I thought. AND YES I AM PROGRESSING WITH THESE SURGERIES. The only thing I don't like is that he only spends like a minute for these follow-ups. I do like their new idea of offering chips and drinks.
RID: 2694074

25/06/13 1 1 1 1 Dr. Markarian may be a good doctor but we will never find out. I made an appointment for my son and filled out paperwork ahead of time. We arrived at 12:50 for a 1:00 appointment and at 2:05 nobody had said a word to us. Of the 15 or so people waiting in the office (there is only one doctor) about 10 of them had been called back while we sat there and most of them arrived after we did. When I went up to tell the receptionists we wanted our paperwork back and that we were going to leave they literally shrugged their shoulders. One receptionist asked they other what they were waiting for and the other said "the report." She handed me the paperwork without saying anything to me so after a few seconds I asked if she needed anything else from me and she looked at me like she was surprised I was still standing there and said, shrugging again, "they won't send us the report." No "sorry" or any attempt to explain why we sat there for over an hour with nobody communicating anything to us.
RID: 2683651
19/06/13 4 5 5 5 i have been going to see dr. markarian for 2 1/2 years now and he has been very helpful. he took his time and tried to fix my wrist and shoulder but at the end we still had to do surgray onm my shoulder. and my arm is alot better first few days after i was able to movie it with out alot of pain other then from the surgray pain it felt good. My mom has also been going to Dr. Markarian for bout 6 years now which is why i started seeing him cause of the treatment he was giving her.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2676633
11/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Markarian is the most concerned doctor I have ever been a patient of. His approach unlike most doctors is NOT surgery first, it is lets see what non invasive approaches are available and explore those first but only if that is the best route to go. I have had several surgeries from old sports injuries and car accidents and Dr. Markarian has always been the doctor I turned to for help. He keeps me totally informed on all aspects of the procedure being performed and his physical therapy team is top notch! They rehabed me each time with care and compassion never being too aggressive but always relieving any pain or limited mobility I might have been experiencing. From the time I walk into Dr. Markarians office, the feeling is one of total professionalism. From making an appointment to completing physical therapy the entire experience has always been wonderful!  Respond
RID: 2664544
28/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Markarian found out I was severly injured in a fall.I went to see him and the first words out of his mouth were not how much insurance or money I had,they were how do you feel,he immediately examined me,ordered an m.r.i.,sent me for a pre-op physical,schedueld my surgery,repaired both shoulders which were pretty much trashed and got me started on physical therapy right away. Because of DR. Markarian,his assistant steve who is fantastic,the awesome staff at the front desk and his wonderful physical therapy dept.,I`m well on my way to recovery.One other thing,if a professional NFL quarterback asks Dr. Markarian to repair his possible Superbowl winning shoulder,i think I`ll do JUST FINE!!!!!Thank You Dr. Markarian,you`re a great humanitarian,A Great doctor and you have a good friend for life.I OWE YOU  Respond
RID: 2589365
19/03/13 5 5 5 5 I had an accident at work and I reinjured my shoulder that had been operated on 41/2 months prior. I went back to the same doctor and he operated again. I never fully recovered. I was recommended to Dr. Markarian. I don't like Dr's., but I was impressed right away. After I had an MRI and all the testing I found out that during my second procedure nothing was done. I had surgery for the THIRD TIME! and the pain that I had been dealing with was gone. Had I not gone to Dr. Markarian I would still be in pain. He and his staff are professional, he is very professional and I have recommended him to anyone who has orthopedic problems.
RID: 1508437
09/08/11 5 5 5 5 I can't honestly belice people are downing doc. I've HAD bad doctors. I had unnecessary scopes done on my shoulder 10 yrs ago. I KNOW a clueless idiot when I see one. Can doc be a bit helter skelter at times? sure, he's busy practice is booming. I have NEVER had him NOT stop, take a minute, answer any question and concern, and treat me with anything less than respect. And I'm no millionaire client. He is a bonafide ace, and I consider myself a lottery winner to have him as my doctor. I've never waited more than 10 minutes to see him. ever.
RID: 1447410
23/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. markarian is a amazing doc. He defintley knows his curriculum and a excellent personality. he knows when and when not to proceed with surgery and belives in conservative treatment.
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1386106
12/03/11 1 1 1 2 He is always in a hurry!!! He is surgery happy and likes to cut rather than offering any alternatives......If you see him get a second opinion!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
RID: 1345977
25/01/11 1 1 3 3 took my son for 6 week check-up after therapy was suggested by the dr. had a 5oclock appt. after waiting in small, HOT room for 1hr.5min. left- nurse was rude when asked if dr. forgot about us and front desk girl did not seem to care. would NEVER go back!!!!!!!!!how do you leave people waiting for 1 hr. without any explaination!!!!!!!!!!!!NO EXCUSE!
RID: 1290507
10/11/10 5 5 5 5 I can hardly believe anyone would complain about Dr. Greg. I broke my wrist 3 years ago, ( terrible break ) and he saved my wrist! Now I have a knee injury and I'm back. I would put my life in his hands, he is the best! He is a skilled surgeon and knows his stuff. He is kind, professional and takes care of his clients. God Bless Dr. Greg for all the good you do for so many.
Respond

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 822886

09/03/09 3 1 1 2 I went to Doc Markarian for a broken foot. I was kept waiting in the examining room for over 2 hours. When he came in he was rude and wasn't interested in my questions. I went back to him months later for a shoulder injury. He had me get an MRI off a semi in the hospital parking lot. Very awful experience. When I wanted copies of the MRI (this was back when it was on a film and not on a CD) I was charged an enormous amount for the films. I then found out, that though they told me he was covered under my insurance my insurance company said he wasn't. I went round and round and finally just stopped going to him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 390562
22/08/07 2 1 4 4 After being in the office for nearly 5 hours while my wife struggled with our infant in the car, I was given a basic neoprene hinged knee brace (DonJoy Playmaker Wrap Around MSRP $180) by Dr. Markarian.When I received my statement I discovered I was billed $1250 for the brace.I returned the brace and paid the account balance minus the cost of the brace. I was called later and told that it could not be returned.I was told that if I did not pay the remaining balance my account would be sent to collections.I negotiated a lower balance,but he still ended up getting $328 for a $180 brace that I returned to him. I have considerable experience with other doctors and surgeons (ACL reconstruction, meniscus repair, hernia repair, rhinoplasty, tonsillectomy, and will be having a broken scaphoid pinned this Friday), and I have never had a problem like this.Dishonest and deceptive business practices or fraud? If you want to wait a long time and over pay go to Dr. Markarian.
RID: 376352
31/07/07 5 5 5 5 I have had shoulder surgery and carpal tunnel surgery with Dr. Markarian and there is not another dr. on this planet that I would rather go to instead of him. I have no more pain in either area. The numbness in my hand is completely gone. And my shoulder feels like I never even had an injury and I can use it better now then before my surgery. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Markarian to anyone who needs a good orthopedic surgeon. His office staff and physical therapist are the best as well.
RID: 295316
23/04/07 2 1 1 This guy was not rude. but I did have a back injury he refused me any kind of strong pain killers. and gave me something very mild. i had to agure the point with him. i was not at all happy with him and i will not go back to see him again save your time and cancel your appt.
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 288751
19/04/07 2 1 2 you are very correct he is not well liked at Edward Hospital in naperville, il. seems he had to leave the professional football life style and start paying the bills. this has to be one of the worst dr.s' our family has dealt with in the past 30 years in the chicagoland area. i hope mopre people read this before he treats them, in the manner he treat myself.  Respond
RID: 259186

04/04/07 1 1 1 My son went here when he broke his foot. We had such a HORRIBLE experience. He yelled at my son and had the nurse do most of the work. I wish I could tell everyone not to go to this man.  Respond
RID: 233271
26/03/07 5 5 5 Dr. Markarian is amazing. Consider yourself lucky to have been treated by him. He is truly one of the best.  Respond
RID: 84143

15/01/07 3 1 2 I had a broken tibia-fibula - a pretty standard job. He was the worst surgeon ever. Threw in a pin to hold it together, but angled my foot wrong, and now my right foot is roughly 30 degrees outside. 4 weeks after the surgery, I told him I felt some play in the break. Nonsense, he said. But there was play, and the break took over a year and a half to heal. I told him my foot was externally positioned. Nonsense, he said. Now my friends call me the man with two left feet! LOL. Later, I became friends with an OR nurse who said she'd worked with Markarian. She said he was the worst surgeon ever, that he entered surgery with no decent surgical plan, would begin yelling for equipment, berating staff, etc. Trust me, no matter how many autographed pro football players are on his wall, you do not want this man as your surgeon. Used to work at Edward Hospital, but I've been told that he's been "invited to no longer perform surgery there. The WORST! And I'm a veteran of ortho surgery...
Insurance: CIGNA