Rate Dr. M.T. Chapman

Dr. M.T. Chapman's Ratings

My name is Tim O'Donnell . I am 60 years old and came to see Dr. Chapman when I was 51 years old . I was eating approx .60 or so Advil gel tablets a week to deal with my back pain. I could not drive 10 minutes without stopping the car and getting out and crunching to release the pressure on my back and I could not walk for ten minutes without doing the same . I was still employed with retirement just down the road...I did not want to retire with this constant pain !! Do not get me wrong ..This was not a Comp. case or anything like that. A fellow that I worked with recommended Dr. Chapman to me . This man has changed my way of life and I will before ever grateful to him. He operated on me at 11:45 on a Wed. and on Fri. evening I was sitting on my deck on Sturgeon Lake starting my recovery...Wow! I am coming up to my 10th. anniversary. I still remember the therapy that he recommended to me . No drugs... Lots of milk for bone fusing because he fused my 4th and 5th together and lots of walking which was right up my alley because i could not do it any more because of my pain. I hope ... Dr. Chapman that you are reading these reviews because I am truly gratefully for what you have done for me . I am an avid snowmobiller that puts on about 12 to1500 miles per winter!!! Thanks again and all the best to you and yours Xmas 2014-2015....Tim O,donnell

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2640095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

He didn't listen properly, what kind of physical pain and stress I was going through. He seems to be in great rush. In less than 2 minutes, he finished physical examination. First, he scared and confused by saying that this kind of rupturing is abnormal and I have a severe one. I'll not recommend his services to any patient. He is completely insensitive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

This Dr has amazing skills, I walked many years with 2 canes because of a botched back operation and he fixed me up and my quality of life has greatly improved. He fused me from L 45 to T12 and put in two bars to make my back more stable and by pain level has greatly reduced and I now walk with no canes. I am not perfect but he did take away much more pain than he said he would. My only complaint is the pain management after surgery was not the best. He did a fine job for me after having 2 other surgeries

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

Dr. Chapman implanted a Prodisc-L in my L5-S1. The moment i opened my eyes from the anesthetic i knew the operation was a success. Years of pain GONE. Four days in hospital. Back to work in 3 weeks(although it took about six weeks to feel my self again). I am so grateful that Scarborough General offers this procedure when even the downtown Toronto teaching hospitals do not. Great combination ; a Dr. with a lifetime of surgical skill to implant the latest orthopedic technology. you tube posting here http://youtu.be/EMqejrPRc24 . After years of suffering the silence is deafening. Highly recommend this doctor and this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I had successful discectomy on my S1 L5. Jan 17 2013 performed by Dr.Chapman. He is an excellent surgeon and all around just a great guy. I am only 5 days into my recovery and i can already tell the difference this procedure has made.Gone is my lower back pressure also the pain and numbness down the right leg is non existent. I feel like Dr. Chapman has given me a new lease on life, I was up walking around the day after surgery. To everyone suffering, ask for Dr. Chapman!!! His nurse at the office is very helpful and knowledgeable as well. A big thank you to Dr. Chapman, his staff and the staff at Scarborough Grace (Birchmount campus). P Kelly Ptbo.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I have never met such a personable caring doctor in all of my time and surgeries. I saw him only once with my cat scan results . Before he even looked at my results he noticed right away but just the way I walked towards him in his office that I had issues with my back. He looked at my CT results and was on it like white on rice. He found that I had Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and Spondylolysis. I was in his office less then 20 minutes, and I was diagnosed and surgery was booked. He did an awesome job. If I didnt have the sugery I would not be walking today. He has an outstanding bedside manner! Also very caring...you are not just a number to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

Dr Chapman was very helpful with my back injury which required surgery to repair. After two visits with him he saw that it was imperative to have this injury corrected. He's a no nonsense type of fellow which suits me just fine. Right down to business. Got the problem fixed and I was back to work in six weeks with no restrictions. I was unable to earn a living for seven months prior to the surgery, in constant agonizing pain and thinking that my career was possibly finished. It has been over two years now since the surgery and I am truly greatful to Dr Chapman...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Dr. Chapman operated on my L4-L5 after suffering through 7 years of excruciating daily pain. No other modalities of intervention ever relieved the pain. It has been 5 years since my back operation and I am still doing fine. I have had no back pain days since my operation. He is a wonderful man. I called him a "god", which he quickly denied. But he was a saviour for me. Took the time before the operation to show me what he could see on my MRI. Pre and post-operative treatment was the best. I followed all post-op instructions to the letter and healed very quickly. I always recommend him to anyone who is looking for a back surgeon; and will continue to do so. His secretary, Carol, is a "doll." Always had time for me and my requests. What a great team!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2010

i would not recommend this doctor, no help at all after surgery gone wrong. beware of this doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I am disappointed with Dr. Chapman in the way he treated me and my back problems. I do not recommend him at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1690929].votes_count ]]