Rate Dr. Peter Maskens

Dr. Peter Maskens's Ratings

I was referred to dr maskins once I found out my daughter would be born with gastroschisis. I read the reviews on here and was nervous because many people had said he had bad bed side manors. I STRONGLY disagree! Dr maskins was amazing he took the time to explain everything to me in all of my appointments. He was polite and curious at all times. He even cared how I was doing emotionally threw out my pregnancy and when I did show concern he did his best to bring my concern to a conferring level. I would recommend Dr.maskins and his staff to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

I trusted Dr. Maskens with my serious Gyno problems, and that awesome doctor
came through for me like a knight in shining armour. He deserves a medal for his patience , his bedside manner, and his expertise. Also, his lovely and wonderful medical receptionist, Cheryl, has always been helpful, pleasant, and accommodating for all my appointments. Knowing I can count on Dr. Maskens, it is always well worth the wait in his office! A million thanks to both!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Above and beyond any other OB/GYN. Has always made me feel completely comfortable. I was trying to conceive and after he did several IUIs without any luck, instead of him charging me for more IUIs, he recommended me to a RE for IVF as it was my only chance, I am now 27 weeks pregnant.Dr.M has seen me on weekends, and gone out of his way to make me feel comfortable. Also to another comment i read(below) just cause hes not there does not mean hes on "VACATION" he also does prenatal care in under developed countries which is amazing considering how busy he is. I always write a list of questions when i see him and he always takes time to answer everyone. Myself and my husband are both ADHD and he has always been very patient with us. As other doctors are not. I couldnt ask for a better OB anywhere not just in Peterborough. Also i cannot forget to mention his AMAZING receptionist Cheryl, she runs the show with a smile, and grace and is always Sooo nice and respectful to everyone. R n D

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Dr. Maskens was my OB when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2012/2013. Although he's not the most talkative doctor in the world, he is very skilled in his profession. When I was in labour, although he wasn't the doctor on-call he still was there to deliver my daughter, and that meant a lot to me. I ended up hemorrhaging and having to have a forcep delivery, and he was so skilled in getting my daughter delivered safely and getting my bleeding under control. If you're looking for a doctor to have a buddy-buddy relationship with, than no, I wouldn't recommend Dr. Maskens. However, if you're looking for a doctor who's very skilled in his profession, than yes, I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Peterborough area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I just had him for ultra sounds, he seemed great but the wait time is unacceptable, it is well known there is always a wait so why doesn't he have a longer time in between patients? I waited 3 hours on a few occasions, this is not ok I had work I had to miss. He gets his money for seeing me and I am out 50$ from not being at work. And if I needed a note to go back to work after all of this I would have had to pay for it. If he is such a great Dr. he would respect his patients time and that they have lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2013

I chose to go to Dr. Masken's because he is supposed to be the best in Peterborough. I have been very happy with him as my doctor. I am 8 months pregnant with my first child. I am hoping I will have him for my delivery because I feel very comfortable that he is going to take good care of me. I did read comments after I became his patient about long waiting periods and bedside manner. Yes, you have long wait times, but he's a busy, great doctor....I wouldn't expect to not have a long wait. The apointments are short and you don't get much of a Q & A period; but again, he's the best doctor in town and he's busy and needs to get through a lot of people each day. I would recommend him to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692068].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2013

I was referred to Dr Maskens as we are having problems getting pregnant. My appt was mid July. He did blood work and an ultrasound. He said someone would call to schedule me an appt to have minor surgery to look around in my abdomen. I have called several times since then asking who should be calling me about this surgery, is there a plan or a next step to help me get pregnant, also what are the results of my blood work. The receptionist seems helpful enough and keeps saying the dr must have my chart and someone will call me back. But no one ever calls me back. Tuesday I called a few times and got through and asked all my usual questions, the receptionist asked if she could leave a message at my house as I said I would be at work. I told her I would be home all weds if that was better. No call Tuesday, no call weds, no call today. I am getting upset as I think waiting over 3 months for any information on my condition is far to long.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

had an appointment today at 4pm. came 15 minutes early. at 445 was still not seen. asked receptionist how long it would approximately be. she said about half an hour. 5:15 came and went and finally at 6pm the dr said he could not see any patients today and made 7 couples rebook and still made us pay for parking. i hope i get a free ultrasound picture or something out of this! horrible doctor i do not even want to do back! so overbooked! not worth the time, effort or money. I lost half a days wages since i had to book this appointment off and will have to lose even more wages next time. not impressed AT ALL!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Maskens several times over the last 20 years. He took care of me during all three of my pregnancies (including my twins) and delivered two through c-section. Dr. Maskens is a committed and focused OB/GYN. That being said, if you are going to be a patient of Dr. Maskens, you have to accept that he is not the most jovial man on the planet and he is extremely busy. Your appointment will never happen on time, bring a book and a drink as his office is quite warm. If you need to call in to the office, be persistent, you will eventually get through. I adore his receptionist, she is always pleasant and helpful. I am a patient of his again and have noticed that he has softened and become much more relaxed over the years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. Maskens is very knowledgeable and was a great help. BUT! Yes, there is a BUT! He is never on time! Appointments are always running behind. Do not plan on returning back to work after your appointments or making other plans. I waited 3.5 hours to see him in a very crowded, HOT waiting room with very little seating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1692065].votes_count ]]