Rate Dr. Melanie Pratt

Dr. Melanie Pratt's Ratings

Very happy with dr pratt. I was in pretty bad conditions before I started being treated by dr Pratt. She really knows her thing. Definitely recommend her. I saw other dermatologist before, she is the only one that took the time to test me correctly. I was allergic to the meds my previous doc prescribed.

Submitted June 30, 2014 | flag

My husband saw Dr. Pratt in Kemptville earlier this week to have a cancer removed from his chest. After much confusion, cancelled appointment and a last minute appointment change, he arrived to a cold abrupt reception. Durning Dr Pratt's rushed manner she complained about the amount of his chest hair, froze the area and proceeded to lift his chest hair and clip away. She cut his chest which bled profusely. She hacked the cancer lesion out stitched him and sent him on his way. There was no apology. She was obviously in a rush, my husband is paying the price as he now has two wounds to heal from. We will not be back, ever.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Pratt to be very caring, efficient and helpful. Her staff was also wonderful and everything was on time. I had some suspicious looking moles and she removed them for biopsy. The procedure was almost painless and I felt comfortable with her throughout the whole process.

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

I have no idea why the negative comments. I recently saw Dr Pratt at the Kemptville hospital and my experience was very positive. Her nurse was warm and welcoming and the doctor was kind thorough and very professional Answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. I think it would be truly awful if one could comment on a website about what I am like everyday at my job. Some days are better than others. I would highly recommend her if you want a thorough doctor. Perhaps one should consider another doctor if one wishes to be mollycoddled

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

I believe Dr. Pratt knows her stuff, but she also seems very closed to possible alternative approaches. After running the gamut of tests she could offer, after a few months of light therapy, finally she gave me my walking papers with the vague diagnosis of "neuro-dermatitis", which seems to be a catch-all label that means "I don't know". I was no further ahead. However, the actual help for my acute skin problems came from Environmental Medicine specialist, Dr. Ross Mickelson. Skin problems often have their origin inside our bodies, but most dermatologists tackle it from the outside. The candida diet and a series of liver cleanses did the trick. I would not recommend her, except if you want to rule out a host of conditions. For that she was okay. Didn't like her manner though. I found her patronizing, not a doctor you could consult with easily. She nearly jumped down my throat when I mentioned trying more natural skin creams.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

Had patch test done and found Dr. Pratt to be concise, knowledgable, pleasant, to-the-point, answered a couple questions for me and was very helpful. She is a very busy person with patients, research, training new doctors/medical students, and organizing conferences and can see why her phone's message box is full and why she doesn't have time to chat and visit with patients. Many questions could be answered by Googling Patch Test to see what it consists of. Pick your top question to ask, be precise and if possible do research on it and see if the answers are available on the internet. I do not see what all the negative comments are about. She knows her stuff, she is a specialist of the first order and we're lucky to have her in Ottawa.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr.Pratt is efficient and thorough. Yes, she doesn't really sugar coat things but I would way rather know everything and feel like my doctor is competent and covering all of our bases that be treated like a teddy bear. She wa quickly able to diagnose a condition that I had been struggling with for months and started treatment immediately. As with all the specialists in this area, she seems to be under a time crunch but even when she squeezed an appointment in for me, she took the time to answer all of my questions about a new and scary condition. I'm thankful to be under her care.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2012 | flag

Do not understand why so many negative ratings, all good here, personable, efficient, quick, helpful, etc., etc.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Went in to get my moles checked because I have a family history of skin cancer and to have a seborrheic keratoses (SK) removed. It had been five years since the last time I had my moles checked, which my GP thought was a ridiculously long time. Apparently Dr. Pratt disagreed because she gave me a lot of attitude for coming in to see her. She said firmly multiple times that SK will never be cancer, implying that I shouldn't be bothering her. She spent about three minutes looking at all of the moles, etc on my body (there are a lot) and tried to leave without asking me if I had any other concerns, which I did. She removed my SK, which she charged me for - but when I went to the admin assistant to pay she looked at me like I was incompetent because I did not get a bill from the doctor. She didn't bother to verify the quote I got verbally and acted like the $20 I paid didn't matter. I felt like saying if you don't want the money I am happy to keep it myself. Absolutely horrible service.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2012 | flag

I'm not really in a position to rate Dr. Pratt's care yet but I can say that it is pretty much impossible to reach the office by phone. They left a message for me to call them and I have called at least 20 times today but no one has answered and you can't leave a message. I have not heard of any other service that won't answer their phone and won't accept messages!

Submitted June 7, 2012 | flag