Rate Dr. Melanie Pratt

Dr. Melanie Pratt's Ratings

Worse doctor I have ever seen. She was rude and dismissive and this was even before I opened my mouth to speak. At the time my doctor had booked the appointment, I had had hives for three months. Eight months later, when I finally got an appointment to see her, my hives were gone. She told me I was wasting her time since I had no hives and probably never had hives because my family doctor probably misdiagnosed me. What she based that one on, I have no idea. She told me she had never heard of my doctor. Then she complained about her husband which was completely out of context and told me we were done. She never asked me any questions or even looked at my skin. She should not be a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Very disappointed in Dr. Pratt. She is extremely rude to both patients and her staff and has no interest in truly helping people. Whenever I had something to say or ask she would look at me as though I am a moron- I think because she likes to run the show and doesn't want anyone else's input. I'm not sure how she got a reputation for being a good doctor based on all these reviews. She is probably a miserable person and likes to put off others to make herself feel better. I never got an answer with regards to my dermatitis from her and would certainly not go back to her. Left that process feeling worse than before it started.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2717023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I found Dr. Pratt very knowledgeable and professional. Her approach is systematic and well defined, which resulted in clearly identifying my problem. Finally knowing exactly what I'm allergic to and what to avoid will make life much more enjoyable in the years ahead.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I saw Dr Pratt for dry skin condition, that I am a swimmer and 77 years old. She asked for AIDS test for me. I did not at think at the time it was the AIDS test. Without any questions about me and my life, it was rush and unnecessary test. I stop seeing her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2655554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

I have skin conditions well documented. Slandered my name and medical file wanted to have me seen by other dermatologists who treated skin conditions of psychiatric based led me to believe that she was going to have my well documented health and skin issues dealt with. Instead slanderous and defamation of my character. Refused treatment. My health conditions are well founded including lupus. Dangerous should lose her license. Unethical, negligent and overly unprofessional. Too busy doesn't listen or pay attention to previous medical diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Dr. Melanie Pratt is the worst dermatologist I have ever been to in my life. Her bedside manner is horrendous. She has no time for patients (and I don't need a lot of attention, i.e. I am not demanding). I went in for mole removal and it was a total hack job. It took about four months to heal properly and there is still a lot of scar tissue for a simple removal. And even though I wasn't there for acne, which I don't have, she wanted to put me on a strong drug that required a baseline liver function test and then monthly tests thereafter. When I suggested that I wasn't there to see her for the skin on my face (which truly is not bad) she insulted me and said it required treatment. When I said I wasn't interested in any treatment that required me to take an oral pill so strong that it required liver function tests she was exasperated and I could tell found the fact that I had a position very annoying. Again, remember, I didn't even go in to see her for my skin, I went for a mole removal. I will never go back to her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

I've also been through patch testing with Dr. Pratt's staff (they are wonderful), ending with a consult from Dr. Pratt (our first meeting). I am not normally one of those people who need to have a "meaningful relationship" with a doctor; I just want answers. However, I have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed with the way I was treated by Dr. Pratt. She simply was NOT willing to answer my questions about the diagnosis of my patch testing.. She was too rushed and told me that all the other red welts on my back were "irrelevant". She said they werent welts, that it was dye (I know the difference between itchy welts and staining - maybe if she looked herself she would have seen them). But the kicker is that she diagnosed me with a secondary condition (on top of the allergies) that I've never had symptoms/precursors/genetic history for. She gave me zero information on that particular condition - just had her student write me a script. I was stunned at her "dismissal" of my question/concern, and then she abruptly left the room.

So I asked her students my question and one of them answered the question by saying that I probably dont have the secondary condition, but if I did, its hard to detect anyway. Whatever is wrong with me, it would be treated the same way.

So... Pratt's student dismissed the secondary diagnosis, yet told me to "trust him that Dr. Pratt was right as she was world renowned and knows her stuff". I'm sorry, that is not an answer, that is an excuse. If I could get a second opinion, I would... but as the student told me, Dr. Pratt is the only doctor in town that does this.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2605838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Very happy with dr pratt. I was in pretty bad conditions before I started being treated by dr Pratt. She really knows her thing. Definitely recommend her. I saw other dermatologist before, she is the only one that took the time to test me correctly. I was allergic to the meds my previous doc prescribed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

My husband saw Dr. Pratt in Kemptville earlier this week to have a cancer removed from his chest. After much confusion, cancelled appointment and a last minute appointment change, he arrived to a cold abrupt reception. Durning Dr Pratt's rushed manner she complained about the amount of his chest hair, froze the area and proceeded to lift his chest hair and clip away. She cut his chest which bled profusely. She hacked the cancer lesion out stitched him and sent him on his way. There was no apology. She was obviously in a rush, my husband is paying the price as he now has two wounds to heal from. We will not be back, ever.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2453333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I found Dr. Pratt to be very caring, efficient and helpful. Her staff was also wonderful and everything was on time. I had some suspicious looking moles and she removed them for biopsy. The procedure was almost painless and I felt comfortable with her throughout the whole process.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693297].votes_count ]]