Rate Dr. J. David Mathews

Dr. J. David Mathews's Ratings

the best, most amazing dr to have while pregnant, I have had 3 kids,, and he has been my dr threw them all,, he tells it like it is, he gets to the point, laughs jokes and is very understanding,, my 1st child was a horrible experience, bed rest in the hospital, horrible delivery, but at the end he held up a tiny 4 pound 14.9 ounce baby boy,, if it wasnt for dr Mathews Andrew may not have been here, I would reccomend him to everyone,, awsome dr!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

Absolutely adored Dr. M - a wonderful kind and caring man who always had a huge smile, no matter how many babies this man has delivered he always seems to be genuine excited about each baby who is in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Hi, I met Dr. Matthews at the Emergency at NRGH an couldn't be more impressed. He was very thorough, very knowlegeable and was able to rule out the cause of my symptoms immediately. Instead of doing any unnecessary procedures, he used his better judgement to gather the right information before proceeding. He also made sure that he prescribed me the right type of medication for the symptoms I was experiencing rather than blindly prescribing a whole slew of medicine lik a cookie cutter prescription. I was very impressed and I will definitely go back to him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

very rude and rushed me through without listening to my whole story. he seemed to think i was faking it after 6 years of doctors appointment it ovious this is not the case. I dought he even looked over my case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2010

I had Dr Matthews when I was admited during pregnancy with pain near my kidneys (that we later learned at Vancouver Women's that it was from a spinal injury I wasn't aware I had). Dr.Matthews accused me of drug seeking behaviours after 5 min of meeting me. My own OBGYN had been treating the problem for 4 months and didn't feel it was drug seeking. At Vancouver Women's I saw about 15 different Drs none of them felt that, and once the problem was under control I was off morphine within 24 hours (impossible for people who are addicted). I am a social worker, I work as a drug councilor which my husband explained to Matthews. We received no apology from him, and we were appalled by his bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I would recommend Dr.Mathews to Everyone!!! :-) He is a fabulous doctor. He was so kind and held my hand through a really traumatic pregnancy, and subsequent loss.Soon after I went back as a patient for another high risk pregnancy and he was wonderful! Answered any questions I had and delivered my two precious babies! He is full of information and has a wonderful bedside manner. The only thing that I am sad about is that he is wanting to retire soon, so he won't be able to deliver our future children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I was introduced to Dr Matthews when I came into NRGH for my baby and he was fantastic throughout the time my son and I were under his care. I had to have an emergency c-section and he was so compassionate and competent in making the decision when it was needed. His after care in the days that followed was terrific. I never felt belittled or insignificant. He answered any questions I had in a respectful and genuine manner and never once made me feel like I was anything but a normal new mom. I would recommend Dr. Matthews for any woman who requires an OBGYN. He is a terrific doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2009

SO Glad that i had gotten a second opinion, After seeing Dr.Mathews he made me feel so relieved, He listen's to what you have to say, and asks a lot of questions, He always has time for you, and doesn't seem rushed. He saved me from a pretty big unnecessary operation! His secretary also is not snooty, which is hard to find nowadays! Highly recommend Dr. Mathews! I will surely be doing the travel time to see him again when needed! Keep smiling

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

Receptionist is cold hearted and rude, for this person to be the one you have to talk when suffering from extreme infertilty is even more depressing! This doctor loves to blame everything on weight, and doesn't have an explaination when you loose the weight but cannot still conceive since he insisted that is why was infertile. Thank you for making me feel horrible. It would take forever to get in to see him, he seemed as though he was listening, but my GP shows me what he writes and its all to an extra 10 pounds, nothing else. If you feel that you are wasting the receptionists time, you are not the only one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2009

saw dr. mathews for over 10 years for treatment of severe endometriosis. He is awesome. great manner, always willing to listen and and a talented surgeon. Thanks to Dr. Mathews, I was able to maintain my fertility until ready to start a family and when the time came, he did an excellent job on my csection. Like always, barely a scar. He is going to be missed when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1693416].votes_count ]]