Dr. Larry Fishman

Rate Dr. Larry Fishman

Dr. Larry Fishman's Ratings

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

DR. Fishman did a discectomy Oct 5th.2012. I still have some bearable pain in the morning, but I am well. Dr. Fishman was great. I have had 5 follow-up appointments since surgery and each time I felt like I was his only patient.----in fact, I will miss him. He was always up-front and honest with me. I could ask him anything and I got an answer.---Maybe not a solution, but an answer. I think he is a great surgeon and a special humanitarian. I would highly recommend him. [email protected]

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

This dr,did my low back surgery, back in 1991 if i ever have to do it again he will be the one i will choose to do it...

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

Submitted Feb. 3, 2012 | flag

Dr. Fishman did an inpatient consult on my husband. Everyone felt after reviewing his MRI's that the problem was with his back. Thanks to Dr. Fishman a bone scan was ordered and it was discovered that he has bone cancer. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Love his personality (straight to the point). Highly recommend.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Fantastic surgeon. Fully discussed medical situation and his recommendation but was very clear that the decision to have surgery was up to the patient. No pressure. Willingness to answer all questions and concerns.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

I have been reading Larry's reviews and to me, his bed side manner was not the best. However, if you find a surgeon with a good one, RUN! Larry is in it to make himself look good, so if he does a botched job, he looks bad and he is not going to let that happen. Trust me, I had a 10% chance of coming out of this better than going into it and he found that 10%. I am not without pain, but I knew that going into it. And NO, I am not a fried of his, just think he needs his props where they are due! Look at him, he is all about "ME", so I knew he was the Surgeon I wanted! Understand, stuff happens and the providers cannot be the blame for everything. Remember, "Practice Medicine", keep that in mind!

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

This doctor happened to be at Brandon Hospital when my mother needed to have a shunt placed in. He told us that if we didn't put a shunt right away she could die. We didn't have time to read about or get another opinion. On top of all this, he made us sign a gag contract to we can't sue him. I just discovered he belongs to the Hall of Shame for doctors who who make their patients sign gag contracts. He has absolutely no manners, no compassion and no tolerance for anyone's ignorance. He did not speak to us before or after the surgery. They way he treated our mother brought tears to our eyes. We are in the process of looking for another doctor. He is the worst!!!!

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag

I am so amazed that Dr Fishman if he can call himself a doctor had anything good to say about this man. I had surgery about 2 years ago. I felt abandoned by this man who after doing a botched job had the audacity to ask me what else I want him to do while I was suffering in pain after surgery. He was no ware to be found and finally came by to see me after surgery after being call numerous times to stop by the hospital. It took him 3 days to get there. He is arrogant, Rude and clueless. I finally found a Dr that is willing to correct Mr. Fishmans botched job. The Dr Office I visited today was very much aware of him and has corrected many surgeries that Mr. Fishman performed. If I could scream from the mountain top to tell everyone to stay away from this man. He needs to loose his license

Submitted Aug. 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Fishman did two discectomies on me about 15 years apart and did wonders for me both times. The first time was a quick recovery. Second time on same site was more difficult due to scar tissue from first. (This is true on any type of surgery.) Because of this, I had lingering weakness. He prescribed physical therapy which I faithfully do every day, and most of my strength has returned. He is knowledgeable and spent time to answer all my questions.

Submitted June 3, 2009 | flag