Rate Dr. Mariusz Sapijaszko

Dr. Mariusz Sapijaszko's Ratings

It is about a months wait to get an appointment, so when I went in today for my 5:00 appointment, I was eager to meet the dr and have my consult/procedure and showed up at 4:40ish.
I watched as 6 people who arrived after me, one of whom did not have an appointment, the others with appointments at 5:15 (after mine) all get in before me.
At 5:30, when the receptionist finally came back to her desk, I mentioned I had a 5:00 appointment and wondered how much longer I would have to wait. She rudely informed me that the appointment was actually at 5:15, they just tell people to come at 5:00 to fill out paperwork.
I checked my voicemail message they had left for me the day before, and sure enough, they tell me my appointment time is 5:00. They don't mention anything about paperwork. The paperwork I did complete, took no more than 2 minutes.
I was angry at this point, and waited another 10 mins, while the walk-in patient was invited in, before I told the receptionist I can't wait any longer. I'll take my business elsewhere.
What an absurd policy, to lie to patients about their appointment time. I'm the type to ALWAYS show up early, I shouldn't be lied to because other people show up late. Even if the appointment was for 5:15, waiting a half hour past that time is unacceptable. Except, I was waiting an hour. Not to mention the long drive there and back, and I even left work early to make this appointment on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

I have no idea where the negative reviews are coming from. He was kind, friendly, thorough and above all, honest. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. Thank you for your incredible work, Dr.Sapijaszko!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

My experience borders on a nightmare. I do not believe this doctor is competent in the procedures he attempts. My lipo scars are like large cigarette burns, and I normally do not scar easily. I am now uneven from side to side. I had to be taken back to his office 2 days later by my grown-up daughter, as there was so much bleeding and weeping, it had saturated my bandages, and was leaking all over. He refused to even look under the bandages, and nearly through me out of his office. My daughter begged him to please check, and kept saying "This Can't be Right!" In the end, I had to be taken from there to my family doctor, who said "This is appalling." and carefully wrote down the correct spelling of Sapijasko's name.
If this doctor was just rude (and I totally agree with the other comments that he is) that would be one thing...this is another. Also, they had me sign my release form AFTER I had been given a heavy sedative, just before the procedure. I was very groggy and slurring my words, and said "I don't think I should be signing anything right now, I am having a lot of trouble" and they said "You SIGN IT NOW or you are going home, and you're not getting your money back either." Yes, I admit, it was very stupid to sign it. I wish now I had never ever had anything to do with this doctor. I had only small amounts of fat I wished to get rid of, and now I am a mess. Find a competent doctor, please, if you are even considering this procedure!! Good Luck.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

I have been going to Dr S for about 15 years for both skin cancer history check ups and also cosmetic procedures (botox and fillers). I find him extremely knowledgeable and completely trust him. His cosmetic work is so natural and well done. I also work with cosmetic coordinator Liudmilla for peels , lasers and other skin treatments. She is very caring and professional. I would never consider going somewhere else. It is also highly convenient to have 2 office locations. I have recommended Dr S for different services to many people (including my husband) and will continue to do so in the future with confidence.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2581156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

My mother went to get cosmetic surgery, routine liposuction, and came home crying. Dr. Mariusz J.A. Sapijaszko was very inappropriate during the consult, asking very personal life choice questions and insinuating poor living. He poked at her like she was a piece of meat, and even telling her she needed liposuction on other parts of her body. He somehow sectioned her stomach off into 5 sections costing a grand total of 17 thousand dollars. The only thing that could possibly save his practice is the wonderful staff that works for him. Regardless of the work he does, getting surgery is all ready a big enough deal as it is, how do you expect to get the treatment you deserve if you're not treated like a human being rather than being treated as a cadaver he would work on in med school. Please look else where.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2577128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Treatment for skin damage f/u to basal cell canceroma

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2551678].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

This is probably one of the most impersonal physicians I have ever encountered. I'm sure he is extremely competent in his field but I might as well have been a piece of furniture in the examination room. I am not one of those patients who wants a doctor to hold her hand but I would at least like a person to acknowledge me as a human being! I was there for a biopsy, not cosmetic surgery and his manner was curt, impersonal, and extremely rushed. I was referred to him by my family physician and trust me...I will be requesting any other dematologist in the city to this one. I have to agree with some of the comments below that this physician is clearly not interested in patients who have medical concerns...there is obviously no money to be made there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I think he was a good doctor that took his time. Today he seemed rushed and bored It's all about botox and fillers now

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1694163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2013

Unfortunately, the staff at the downtown office are extremely unprofessional and very poor representatives of this Doctor. I have spent several thousands of dollars for botox and IPL and I am treated like vermin at the front desk, as well, their skin care consultant Leanne has the personality of a saloon slinging barmaid. For all of the money that I have invested at this clinic, I would have hoped that these employees would take interest in treating me with courtesy and respect and also the employees that are supposed to deliver a skill and ability with regard to the actual skin care, I find they really lack quality education. This clinic really ignores the fact that many of their patients are highly educated people and we probably know more about Microbiology, Chemistry and Pharmaceuticals than the average person and certainly more than they do (The Staff...except Dr. Sapijaszko), the point of mentioning this, the staff talks down to people like we are complete dummies!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1694162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2013

All of the staff at the southside clinic were great. They were polite, helpful, and patient. Dr S was, to my surprise, attentive and did not push any procedures on me. He asked what i would like and gave me my options. I did not feel pressured or rushed in the slightest. He made me as comfortable as possible during my procedure. He was gentle and explained everything as he went along, calming all my nerves. I will definitely continue to go back to this clinic and see Dr Sapijaszko.I highly recommmend him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1694174].votes_count ]]