Rate Dr. Gail Black

Dr. Gail Black's Ratings

I normally don't write ratings, but I thought in this case I should. Dr. Black was absolutely amazing! She was so professional, and skilled. She delivered my daughter, and had no problems. Without a doubt, she will be delivering my future babies. If you are looking for a obgyn, try your best to be referred to her. You and your family will be lucky to have her by your side, and looking after you. After all, it is for the health of you and your baby.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

First time seeing Dr. Black and will never go back. I have had several gyno issues for several years recently getting worse. She was determind there was nothing wrong, I was talked down and im puzzled as to why every other dr iv seen is concerned but her??? She wouldnt listen to any of my issues. I am unhappy with my apt. I feel like shes to perfect to speak with me. Not happy, and I now have to struggle with pain because theres nothing to be concerned about!! :( Friendly staff though! They asked me a question and listened.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

Dr.Gail Black was my doctor for 4 pregnancies between 2005 & 2012. She was wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I highly recommend her!

Submitted Dec. 19, 2012 | flag

I recently had a procedure performed at the misercordia hospital by Gail Black. She answered questions before the surgery and i felt perfectly at ease heading in to the operating room. Both at the office and in this particular circumstance, I find Dr. Black to be exactly what I want in a doctor: Knowledgeable, direct and understanding. She certainly does not come across as rude or uncaring as some people have suggested. Her main assistant, Brenda, is also knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Gail Black.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

Dr.Black delivered my son and was wonderful throughout my whole pregnancy. she was very open and honest, and never pushed me to do anything I did not want to do. she always was very friendly, and extremly informative. she always included my daughter in my appointments, so she could be a part of the experience, as well she also made sure my daughter was able to be in the delivery room with her father and I to welcome her brother to the world,(despite her young age)because that is what we wanted. She was an excellent dr, and would recomend her to anyone. (I know 3 others that have had her for their deliveries, and all feel the same way) not once did she ever push me to have a csection,and I got to choose my own induction date(as I had gest.diabeties)overall, she was wonderfull, and If I were to have any more kids, she would definatly be my first choice! I only wish i could have had her when I had my daughter 14 years ago! lol

Submitted Feb. 28, 2012 | flag

I've had 2 babies and a hystorectomy with Dr. Black and I can't say enough good about her. She gives you the facts as they are and is very understanding. She is extremely knowledgable and personally thats what I want and need when dealing with different situations. If you want contstant hand holding i suggest a good friend, your husband or mother, thats not what she is there for.

Submitted April 27, 2011 | flag

What a great Doctor to have! Has been my OBGYN for 11 years. Would never dream of seeing anyone else. I Trust her with any and all OBGYN needs. She has great bedside manner and is respectful and caring. Very knowledgable and good at her job. Delivered my two beautiful little girls and was there to support me through my miscarriage and D&C. Would highly recommend her.

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

Horrible bed side manner and no respect for nursing staff. Her concerns lie more with herself than with the health of her patients.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

I too found Dr. Black to be rude at times. When someone does not agree with her she can become almost hostile. Despite the fact that I had an uncomplicated pregnancy, she kept pushing for induction at 36 weeks! When I said no, she told me that the reason she wanted to start induction was that she would go on holidays the following week! I insisted on NO, but she kept bringing it up. My labor was uncomplicated, I saw her only for 10 minutes. She found that I was not completely dilated and started a Pitocin drip. Five nurses including a mid-wife and a head-nurse shook their heads and told me that I was indeed dilated and I was ready to start pushing. When the contractions started, Dr. Black changed her mind and stopped the pitocin messing up everything (baby was ok). Finally, at +2, she insisted on a C-section! I think she just wanted to go home. Her obsession with C-sections is something by the way. I had a c-section with the baby at 2.5! This doctor is far too busy for good care.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag

Delivered both my kids (1991, and 1993). She was AWESOME!!! Both deliveries were natural, and she was there!! She also did a complete hysterectomy on me (2005). I find Gail to be a wonderful, caring, Dr. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family!!

Submitted Feb. 8, 2010 | flag