Dr. Kim Lefevre

Rate Dr. Kim Lefevre

Dr. Kim Lefevre's Ratings

Don't know why all the reviews aren't good this man saved my life emergency Brain Surgery my wife took me to emergency an found out that night I had 2 Brain Abcces's and if I stayed that way for another day I was told my wife would come home to me dead so I owe everything to him and what he has done he gave me a new lease on life and ill never forget it !

Submitted Aug. 30, 2013 | flag

My mother had a fall that compress fractured a vertebrae and was determined to require stabilization. She is in a rural extended care facility and had to endure a long and uncomfortable ambulance trip to Kelowna just to see Dr. Lefevre for ten minutes and be sent back. Not his fault but we waited weeks for a surgery date and then he demanded she be sent to Kelowna again several days before surgery planned for February 14 2013. My mother does not do well in hospitals and was getting along well in the care home. It's now eight days later and she still has not had the surgery although it is supposed to happen tonight. It would have been much better to confirm a surgery date and leave her with her own bed, in her own room with her friends and familiar staff until then. This treatment is doing her harm.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lefevre just completed an L5-S1 disc decrompression for me and the surgery went very smoothly. He made me feel comfortable before taking me into the O.R., explained (again) what he was going to do and asked if I had any questions. As others have mentioned, Dr. Lefevre can come across as unfriendly but I truly believe he cares about his patients and I was quite pleased with his high level of knowledge and passion for his job. When I first read Dr. Lefevre's reviews, I was a bit nervous and looked into surgeons in the private sector. In short, the surgeon I saw privately was much more friendly and gave more details on the surgery; however, the private surgeon witheld information about the risks associated with the surgery and the private centre postponed my surgery date several times due to an error on their part. In the end, I chose Dr. Lefevre because he had been completely honest and I was also told by several physicians that Dr. Lefevre is an "excellent surgeon".

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

The receptionist cancelled my appointment on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend by leaving a message on my home answering machine while I was out of town. No attempt was made to contact me via cell or email or even confirm I received the message. I showed up at Lefevre's office, which is a 7 hour drive from my place, to find he was not available. The receptionist expected me to stay in Kelowna for another night, again at my expense, to see him. I left and am now in the process of finding someone more reliable. Extremely unprofessional.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

I know first hand that it's human nature to voice our dissatisfaction and negative comments but I thought this gentleman deserves some thanks from many people. I am one! Thank you Dr. Lefevre for your help and I'm thankful to be where I am right now.

Submitted March 12, 2011 | flag

I am sad to say he messed up my back surgery it was an awful experience.I was in more pain after, then had to go into the OR again a week later. I feel he made a mistake and then didn't fix it. After I left hospital he was rude and his secretary was not much better very rude even to people on the phone. I feel he made a mistake and then would not talk or have other appointments with me ,then would not even answer my physician's letter. I then had to go to another specialist who fixed and repaired damage from the first surgery. I would not recommend this doc.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2010 | flag

I Had major spinal surgery by Dr.Lefevre on August 23, 2010. He did an unbelievable job, he went above & beyond to make sure the work was done properly & would not need further surgeries. I already feel better than I have felt in 19 years. My children have their mom back the way I should be. I have hope for my dreams for my career coming true, after losing hope, I now have this back. I am a whole new person inside & out because of what this wonderful surgeon did for me. His bedside manner was caring & soft. He was attentive & understanding. I went into & out of surgery knowing that he cared very much that he did a good job & I was taken care of properly after. I recommend this surgeon with high regards. Anyone who has him as a surgeon is truly blessed. I thank him for giving me back my life.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

I think pretty much has been said: no eye contact, very quiet, seemed to be in a rush to leave the office. Patient - doctor rapport is so key, and I feel this was not achieved. Talk Talk Talk more!!!

Submitted June 13, 2010 | flag

I've had 2 consultations with him. Surgery to follow. Yes he is quiet, doesn't like to make eye contact, but he sure seems to know his stuff. He explained what he would be doing, and possible problems in detail.

Submitted May 12, 2010 | flag

I cannot stand this Dr at all ! I went in to see him about a disk injury in my spine, and not only did he not examine me, he wouldn't even let me speak to tell him what has been going on. I have been in pain for 3 years because of this injury, and he was absolutely no help at all. After traveling 16 hours to see him, I was really hoping that this Dr who I have heard great things about, could finally help me. Nothing ! He barely even spoke, except to say that he cannot help me. He was having troubles bringing up my scan results (MRI, CT and xray) on his computer, and finally gave up, without looking at them. Waste of time going to see him. He didn't even care when I burst into tears due to pure frustration, just walked me out of his office, and left it at that.

Submitted March 1, 2010 | flag