Dr. Kim Lefevre

5 1 3.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Kim Lefevre

Dr. Kim Lefevre's Ratings

This talanted doctor gave me a second chance of life--no greater gift could be given Thank-you

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2755350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I think that Dr. Lefevre may be a bit shy and does not make eye contact with the patient while in his office but instead concentrates on the xray/MRI to tell you from that, what your problem is and what he suggests would be the fix. I do feel though that once in the operating
room he is a totally different man. I heard him tutoring a student, in the O.R., on how he was going to perform my operation and I was very impressed with his professional mannerism and
patience. He visited me everyday in the hospital and I'm happy to report that I'm now at home mending from a spinal fusion. He answered all my questions and, yes....he did look me in
the eyes while explaining it all to me. I am very pleased that he was my surgeon and I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2741464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

This man did a spinal decompression surgery on my cervical spine. Due to brain stem pressure. I had on my Chiari malformation which is just a nice way of saying birth defect the way my skull developed. the surgery changed my life I no longer have headaches every morning and I can live a life of activity without misery. I am waiting for a second surgery to fix a herniated disc in my lower pelvic area. I have no worries I have total faith in Dr Lefevre. Thank You Sir!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2728265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

I am so happy Dr. Lefevre was my surgeon. I have ten titanium rods in my spine. He did a marvellous job. The results to my health are amazing.When in hospital he visited every morning; he was kind, caring and friendly. I could not have asked for a better doctor or outcome. Thanks, Dr. Lefevre!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647346].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Don't know why all the reviews aren't good this man saved my life emergency Brain Surgery my wife took me to emergency an found out that night I had 2 Brain Abcces's and if I stayed that way for another day I was told my wife would come home to me dead so I owe everything to him and what he has done he gave me a new lease on life and ill never forget it !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1695329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

My mother had a fall that compress fractured a vertebrae and was determined to require stabilization. She is in a rural extended care facility and had to endure a long and uncomfortable ambulance trip to Kelowna just to see Dr. Lefevre for ten minutes and be sent back. Not his fault but we waited weeks for a surgery date and then he demanded she be sent to Kelowna again several days before surgery planned for February 14 2013. My mother does not do well in hospitals and was getting along well in the care home. It's now eight days later and she still has not had the surgery although it is supposed to happen tonight. It would have been much better to confirm a surgery date and leave her with her own bed, in her own room with her friends and familiar staff until then. This treatment is doing her harm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1695328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2013

Dr. Lefevre just completed an L5-S1 disc decrompression for me and the surgery went very smoothly. He made me feel comfortable before taking me into the O.R., explained (again) what he was going to do and asked if I had any questions. As others have mentioned, Dr. Lefevre can come across as unfriendly but I truly believe he cares about his patients and I was quite pleased with his high level of knowledge and passion for his job. When I first read Dr. Lefevre's reviews, I was a bit nervous and looked into surgeons in the private sector. In short, the surgeon I saw privately was much more friendly and gave more details on the surgery; however, the private surgeon witheld information about the risks associated with the surgery and the private centre postponed my surgery date several times due to an error on their part. In the end, I chose Dr. Lefevre because he had been completely honest and I was also told by several physicians that Dr. Lefevre is an "excellent surgeon".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1695327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

The receptionist cancelled my appointment on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend by leaving a message on my home answering machine while I was out of town. No attempt was made to contact me via cell or email or even confirm I received the message. I showed up at Lefevre's office, which is a 7 hour drive from my place, to find he was not available. The receptionist expected me to stay in Kelowna for another night, again at my expense, to see him. I left and am now in the process of finding someone more reliable. Extremely unprofessional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1695326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2011

I know first hand that it's human nature to voice our dissatisfaction and negative comments but I thought this gentleman deserves some thanks from many people. I am one! Thank you Dr. Lefevre for your help and I'm thankful to be where I am right now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1695325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

I am sad to say he messed up my back surgery it was an awful experience.I was in more pain after, then had to go into the OR again a week later. I feel he made a mistake and then didn't fix it. After I left hospital he was rude and his secretary was not much better very rude even to people on the phone. I feel he made a mistake and then would not talk or have other appointments with me ,then would not even answer my physician's letter. I then had to go to another specialist who fixed and repaired damage from the first surgery. I would not recommend this doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1695324].votes_count ]]