Rate Dr. John Thomson

Dr. John Thomson's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Thomson for over 20 years, he is the second Rheumatologist I saw, the first never told me about a positive test just put me on voltaren and sent me away(no followup even), I was in a family medicine office on business when that doctor questioned my swollen hand, he referred me to Dr. Thomson, who then confirmed a positive RA test but also explained it could be caused by other diseases; I found him extremely knowledgeable and he obviously spent time researching other possible rare diseases as a potential cause. I even hate to complain about punctuality as that is within the normal range for any doctor and better than most. When my family doctor retired he even helped there as much as he could, he is a caring intelligent doctor and hopefully I won't have to change.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

Good Doctor, but doesn't have time to follow a complex patient on new treatments started.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2013

the best in rhumetology have gone for years. Great staff as well

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

I have been a patient for many years I first started with another rheumatologist, who treated me for RA based on a positive test as I learned afterwards a positive test does not mean RA, it can mean a whole host of other posible diseases for all the people who said he didn't seem to know much I say the opposite he knows (almost) too much and will test for many things before confirming what it is. It was a gi specialist who told me how lucky I was.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2012

I've had the worst experience with Dr Thomson. The receptionist is extremely rude, unhelpful, and doesn't care about patient needs. I've had several appointments cancelled in a row. When I do see dr Thomson, he spends little time examining my joints and insists that I stay on the same medication even when I've had bad reactions! Not helpful!!! Stay away!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

dr. Could save a lot of money if his staff should use a computer to email his customers and they could email his staff. Come on now it is the 21st century.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Takes the time to listen to you, which sometimes runs the appointments late. Have been a patient for many years, happy to continue with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696298].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2011

After jumping through the many hoops necessary to even get in to see Dr Thompson I was told I couldn't be seen as my records were no where to be found. 4 different Dr's confirmed the proper information, and successful transmission. Very poor staff courtesy compounds my poor experience with this office. I was not only lied to I was treated with little respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Yep sometimes late--he's taking time with a patient that needs it. Listens--even to some of my wackier ideas, with respect, and offers good advice. Attitude--rare not to see a smile on his face, friendly, caring and a good sense of humour. Effective--yes, despite my best efforts. Medicine is an art and, as I have come to discover over the years, rheumatology is somewhat an arcane one, it demands time, patience and measured good judgement. Dr. T. rocks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696296].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2011

Great Doctor, he may run late he is worth the wait. Listens to everything and takes it seriously. Found heart problem that other repeatedly said was anxiety.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1696295].votes_count ]]