Rate Dr. Steven Cusimano

Dr. Steven Cusimano's Ratings

Rude, no eye contact, did not introduce himself--tried to make me feel like a criminal for being on pain meds --prescribed by a specialist. And this GUY is just filling in for my Doctor, who has since retired, we all love and miss you Dr. Lamount!!! He's not even going to be our permanent Doctor!!! I was called into my Doctor's office yesterday--FOR A PILL COUNT OF MY PAIN MEDICATION--I am a 53 year-old women, who can no longer drive, due to my condition. I am on a permanent disability. I will never work again, which is depressing enough to deal with, and yes I am now also on depression medication! Without going into to many details, I'm lucky to be alive!!! And this person--not even my real Doctor, who met with me for no longer than five minutes, after waiting two and a half hours, tries to make me feel like a piece of human debris! I was told, and I quote,"if you do not come to the office for an immediate medication count, Dr. Cusimano will not renew your prescription. Now remember folks, I have only met with the dr. once, for five minutes!!! I have never asked for an early release of my meds, so why in the world am I being treated like this, not all people on pain meds are CRIMINALS, I was put on this medication by a specialist!!!, and not for something trivial, by any means. What is wrong with this person, who is obviously just in it for the money, he doesn't even have time for his own patients, he gets paid by how many patients he can see in a day, gets off treating me like a criminal!!! We really must ask ourselves folks, just who is the real criminal!!! This total situation was started by Doctors, but how will it end. How MANY PATIENTS IS THIS MAN GOING TO AFFECT, before he does serious harm? Does someone need to die. That really is the question.....

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

I would say just he is O.K. but I have very bad experiance with his staff.They last year "lost" two of my results (one from the lab, one from a specialist).To make an appoitment with a specialist took her 3 months. You have to call for a good hour before you can speak with her, and than , "Can you hold, please?". I miss Carm alot.She was so frendly helpfull and hardworking girl. All what the new staff isn't.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2012 | flag

Cusimano is a great doctor.. he is not a pill pusher and he doesn't take BS.. all of you who complain he doesn't care abt your small problems... he's a very busy man, and if you are coming to him for a scraped knee, you went to the wrong place, he's a doctor not a mommy! So what if you wait an hour to get in? How long do you have to wait in an Emergency room? I"ll tell you it's a LOT longer than an hour... and his staff always gets you in the same week if not the same day! My old doctor NEVER did that, with him I had more luck going to the ER. Dr. Steve is a great doctor, and if he's to grumpy for you, well, maybe it's because you are all complaining about waiting an hour when you're lucky to even have found a doctor in Hamilton in the first place!! This doctor has been very helpful to me anytime I have had to see him.

Submitted July 9, 2011 | flag

I have been a pt of Dr. Cusimano's for over 5 yrs and have found him to be an excellent Dr. I have 2 small children and he has been excellent, I don't run to the dr every time they have a sniffle like some people do and expect the doc to prescribe antibiotics. I think the new staff is doing an excellent job, never had any problems. People should walk in their shoes for one day before they criticize them, it's not just about answering the phone and booking the appt, seems like these days people don't have any respect anymore and its all about me, me, me. The doc has an extremely full practice so if you don't like the way he works, find another doc, all I have to say is good luck, especially if you live in Hamilton!!!! Grow up people and show some respect, you weren't raised in a barn(oops, maybe some of you were)

Submitted June 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Cusimano is always in a hurry, never seems to know anything about me (although I have been a patient for over 10 years, and never follows up. Although the x-ray tech at the hospital noticed something on my x-ray, Dr Cusimano did not. Turned out to be cancer. His answer to everything is to take a pill. He is not helpful or knowledgeable. I am actively looking for another doctor. DO NOT look to this man to help or take care of you in any way.

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag

DR. CUSIMANO SAVED MY MOTHERS LIFE!!! No his appointments are not on time, but when you are sick and call him and get in to see him THE SAME DAY, what do you expect?? So what you wait an hour, you can see him when need be. My mother was sick last summer, he caught her double pneumonia, prescribed meds and sent her IMMEDIATELY for a deep vein thrombosis as she had raised and sore veins on the backs of her calves and he was worried about blood clots. Sounds pretty caring, compassionate and competent to me. Yes he has some bad days, and understandabley so, so why not try to be his ray of sunshine that day, instead of critisizing his mood. And yes Carm was AMAZING. I like the new girl too, and Jessica his nurse. Give the new girl a chance, she needs to get to know everyone like Carm did. Love, Love, Love this Dr and so does my 89 year old mother!!! xo

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

Dr. Cusimano he is good and listens to you when you have concerns, the only thing is that you have to be straight to the point with him he is very busy which is good in a way. The new staff now is not polite, rude talk amoung's themselves about the clients when waiting in the sitting area! I miss Carm she was kind, sincere, polite always tried her best to accomodate you! Carm you will always be the best!!

Submitted Oct. 28, 2010 | flag

I learned I have a very serious form of cancer a few weeks after starting with Dr. Cusimano. I'd only seen him once or twice. In the year since then Dr. Cusimano and everyone at his office have always been there for me, a wonderful relief and rock-steady. They have got me through some pretty dark moments, just by being there -- and in the back of my mind. I would recommend them. And thank you, Doctor.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

We love Dr. Cusimano, we have been patients for seven years now. He always fits you in, has been wonderful to our children no matter what the ailment, has always made them feel welcome. I had some complications when pregnant with my daughter and he was so assuring, took the panic away. He has always given as appropriate referrals when needed. We think he is great and Carmen is WONDERFUL! After reading some peoples comments on here I am disgusted, do you have any idea what has been going on in his family? So what if a couple of times he came to your appointment not all sunshine and rainbows, grow up, with what he has been dealing with I am happy he was still able to be there at all. Grow up!

Submitted May 10, 2008 | flag

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR.CUSIMANO FOR A LONG TIME AND I FIND HIM TO BE A VERY GOOD DOCTOR AND WITH EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM WITH HIS FAMILY LIFE WE ARE ALL VERY LUCKY HE HAS NOT QUIT AND LEAVE US WITHOUT MEDICAL ATTENTION FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM NOT LISTENING TO THEM WELL HE'S NOT A GOSSIP DOCTOR FOR THOSE WHO SAY HE DOESN'T BELEIVE THEY HAVE PAIN WELL I'M SURE HES RIGHT HE'S THE DOCTOR HE KNOWS WHAT'S PAINFUL AND WHAT'S NOT GIVE HIM A BREAK I LIKE HIM AND I LIKE THE FACT THAT HE DOESN'T TAKE ANY BULL IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIM THEN GO TO THE NEXT DOCTOR THAT MITE WANT TO PUT UP WITH YOUR BULL CONPLAINTS JUST FOR ATTENTION GOOD LUCK!!!!! AND YES CARM IS WONDERFUL!!!! OH BY THE WAY I HAVE SEEN THE DOC ON SOME OF HIS BAD DAYS AND HE WAS STILL PLEASANT HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PLEASANT WITH ME AND MY DAUGHTER AND I SO THINK HE IS UNDERPAID!!!!!!!!I GIVE HIM AN EXCELLENT RATING!!!!!!!

Submitted April 25, 2008 | flag