Dr. Max Leung

Rate Dr. Max Leung

Dr. Max Leung's Ratings

I saw Dr. Leung in the walk-in for my infant. He had prolonged jaundice and my doctor had told me to bring him in if I thought it was worsening while we waited to see the pedes Dr. I called the walk-in; they were not busy so I brought him right in one day when he was a little off. I explained the issue but the Dr. said that my son wasn't jaundiced and 'why would I think that?'. I told him to look at his bloodwork- he wouldn't listen. He badgered me and treated me like I was stupid. He pointed at a yellow piece of paper and said,'Is he this yellow?' NO? not jaundiced then. When I said he slept a lot (lethargy?), he asked rudely if I thought he was unconscious when he was sleeping. No? Then he's not lethargic. I started to cry in the office and he wouldn't look at my face after that- didn't say anything about the tears running down my face. He gave me a sheet of infant milestones and asked if my son did everything on the list. I said no but he ignored me. Worst experience Ive ever had

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

Have had multiple issues with this Dr. since the 80's. Most recent is voicing concerns about daughter's breathing from 8 months till now (3 years old). Finally got an x ray a few weeks ago only to find out that she needs to see an ENT so urgently they pushed her in ahead of people that have been waiting months to see him. This is my final straw! I love Diane with all my heart and will greatly miss her, but refuse to take chances with my daughter's life and will be beginning my search for a new GP immediately!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2010 | flag

Leung has been my doc for 30 miserable yrs. He'll prescribe any pill you want. He accepts new patients so that his waiting room is always full and that means more OHIP $$ for him. He has never got back to me with the results of an x-ray or blood test he recommended. Funny since I've had 2 herniated discs repaired in the last 5 years. His idea of giving a physical is taking your "BLOOD PRESSURE", a complete joke! I would never recommend him to anyone other that a junkie, because they're the only ones who could appreciate his hand-outs. Tell him you've got GOUT in your foot, and he hands you a piece of paper. He doesn't try to explain anything. He's only interested in getting to the next patient....for more OHIP $$. I would never recomend this glorified medic to anyone! If anyone knows a good doctor who's accepting patients, PLEASE let me know.

Submitted March 23, 2010 | flag

He has been my Dr. for 5 years and he still doesnt listen to anything i tell him.It is much easier going to the walk-in then seeing him.Its almost like it goes in one ear and out the other.In my opinion I question his level of competance.A visit to him only leaves one very frusterated and going elsewhere for proper care and results.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2008 | flag

spends no time with patients, pushes meds and does not monitor them, pushes paper at you and sends you on your way. not the kind of doctor you want to see unless your looking for a drug problem

Submitted Nov. 4, 2008 | flag

He has been our family Doctor since 1980. Great respect for him. saved my life as well as my sons.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2008 | flag

My family has been with Dr Leung for over 8 years. Lately we moved away from Oshawa. I saw a doctor in my new area and I was not impressed. We will definately see Dr.Leung again even if we have to travel miles. He is a kind,caring,conscentious and knowledgeable doctor. He always follows up on test results. My family will not change him in a million years for another doctor. Diane is very helpful too.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2008 | flag

Family Doctor for years...became an adult and realized why I always thought it was a waste of time to go to the Doctor's. Very serious stuff I cannot comment on here, but have enough evidence bewteen OHIP, the hospital and my families files to take him to task. Advice - you have a better chance going to emergency or another walk in clinic. He was a complete waste of time, and forgot to call emergency to report my arrival when I almost died - they didn't even know I was coming. But he didn't forget to make his rounds every morning - without seeing me but billing OHIP. Many at the Hospital cannot understand why he still has Hospital priveleges even though they have a rule against non resident doctors....something fishy going on here....House of Cards, don't be a part of it's collapse

Submitted May 19, 2008 | flag

Dr.Leung,a very big thank u for seeing my husband right away. I dont know what would have happened to him if yu did not call the emergency right after you have checked him. You use your right judgement and expert knowledge. Doctor, keep doing a great job. All my friends appreciate your service. Thank you again.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2008 | flag

This is the worst doctor ever! I had to make suggestions to the Dr. as to what he should be doing & what tests to run! Hello! Who is the doctor???? If you need drugs he is the guy to see! Will give you anything you want & more! My daughter still does not have a prper diagnosis but she is on lots of drugs & it has been 9 months now! I have just changed doctors! Not impressed with him at all! Great receptionist "Diane"!

Submitted Jan. 9, 2008 | flag