Rate Dr. Xenia M. Cabey

Dr. Xenia M. Cabey's Ratings

I liked it here at first but I got sick of being handed antibiotics for any reason. She "thought" my son had strep and started him on a 10 day antibiotic without even having test results in 9 days later she calls and says he doesn't have strep the test results were negative thank god I didn't end up giving my son to medicine. I've changed him to a naturopathic doctor now and I'm a lot happier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2392149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

We have taken our 3 children to Dr. Cabey for 19 years. Sometimes you have to wait a bit in the office, but it is worth it. When you see her she will spend however long is necessary to evaluate, diagnose, and determine a treatment plan for your child. She always explains what is needed to help your child get well. Dr. Cabey is very thorough, caring and truly interested in your whole child from their growth and development to academic success to happiness. You will never find a doctor who works harder to take care of her patients. Dr Cabey is also fluent in Spanish

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

I met Dr Xenia Cabey when she made a special visit to do a well check on my daughter in the 'middle of the night' after she was born because I had complications with the birth. She wanted to make sure my daughter was in good health. She could have waited until the next day to make a visit, but she did not. Her concern made a huge impact on me and I knew she was the doctor I wanted caring for my daughter. I also started taking my older daughter to her as well. She has always treated my children with great concern. She not only conducts thorough exams on them with absolute respect for their privacy, she also goes above and beyond to give them knowledge of personal safety and other important issues children need to be concerned with. She gives a wonderful sense of trust to parents and her patients. I will never take my children elsewhere. WE LOVE DOCTOR CABEY !!! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2013

Love this place ! Dr.cabey has been my kids pediatric and i would not trade her for the world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2013

Dr. Cabey, while knowledgeable like most of the doctors that complete medical school and residency, is very arrogant and talks down to you as the parent, especially if you question her. She prescribed an extremely dangerous med for my baby's acid reflux without telling us any of the possible (crazy) side effects, and pretty much without any concern at all. We did not have a good feeling about it, especially when we opened the script paperwork from the pharmacy and saw the two full pages of horrible permanent side effects listed in bright red. Our baby was still thriving despite his acid reflux and this medication should have been a last resort for any baby! She is very rude if you question her methods (politely I might add). She is very hard working, but I think that is a minus in her case, because she always seems over worked, exhausted, and irritated. My son had a major problem with the antibiotics she prescribed and she never returned our calls. Her ego gets in her way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

We have trusted Sierra Pediatrics and Dr. Cabey for over 17 years now with our children. Our 17, 14, 3 year old and newborn currently go to Dr. Cabey as well. Recently, during my newborn baby girl's 1st check-up Dr. Cabey pretty muched saved my life as well as taking care of my daughter. Dr. Cabey noticed that I was extremely swollen and took it upon herself to take my blood pressure and instructed me to go directly to the emergency room. Upon her advice I ended up having post-partum preeclampsia which statistics say if undetected 80% of woman die from this. It resulted in a 4 day hospital stay for me but I would have blown it off as being normal post partum symptoms oif it werent for Dr. Cabey. Dr. Cabey and her practice went way above and beyond for me and my family that day and I STRONGLY recommend them to anybody looking for a new pediatrician or looking to switch doctors. I will continue to trust my 4 children in her hands for as long as I can take them to her! She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dr. Cabey is a very thorough doctor. She not only cares about the physical health and safety of her patients, but their overall development. She makes sure that parents are actively teaching and training their children to the child's greatest ability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2012

Dr. Cabey is always there when I need her. The staff are interactive with my daughter, she has to hug each one before she leaves the office. She feels so comfortable with Dr. Cabey that I won't take her anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

Dr. Cabey is a no-nonsense, old school doctor that spends time with the patient and asks the right questions - both of the patient and the parents. I also like the fact that she takes the time to discuss real-world health issues with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

Dr. Cabey had been my kids' doctor for 10 years. We have never had anything but a positive experience with her or her staff. The medical assistants and Dr. Cabey know my kids and ask about them even if that child isn't in the office that day. Dr. Cabey is the hardest working pediatrician that I have ever heard of, working weekends and through lunch hours to see patients. I can almost always get an appointment the same day I call. She is efficient and demands the same high level of care and attention to detail from her office staff that she herself gives. Going to the doctor is not a fun thing to do, but I am glad that I have a pediatrician whom I trust.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][610976].votes_count ]]