Rate Dr. J. Wilson

Dr. J. Wilson's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Wilson for complex health issues. She was personable and ordered tests to be done. Once a test revealed a particular concern, she told me it was not her area of expertise and referred me elsewhere. I was left with a scary diagnois & waiting several month for answers. Once I was seen by the new specialist, I was referred back to her for help with symptoms not related to the specialist I had seen as well as for a secondary condition that had arisen. She told me I just may have to learn to live with my symptoms, and again this is not her area of expertise. She is not rude, but I too felt dismissed, and was left feeling that my health issues were not important.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Receptionist was very short couldn't get rid of you fast enough. Nurse was excellent. Doctor helpful but seemed a bit rushed. I felt comfortable and listened to. I liked her very much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Excellent manner and support with arthritis finger shots. Painful, of course, but well administered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I was referred to Dr Wilson for complex issues and symptoms involving multiple systems, and was told she was one of the best diagnosticians in London. While she is kind, compassionate, and takes the time to listen to you, I found her medical knowledge seriously lacking. During the year I saw her she merely experimented on me by prescribing trials of different drugs, and after finally being diagnosed by another internist with a rare disorder, as well as a common one (both well within the internal med specialty!), she had to ask ME to explain to her what they were because she had never heard of them!! Seriously!?! If she had the appropriate knowledge she could have diagnosed me a year earlier and saved me a lot of pain and suffering. If you are referred to her, I hope for your sake you have a very simple medical problem with textbook symptoms and test results, otherwise good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2011

I,Cliff McLean forward my sincerest acculades to Doctor J.Wilson.One year ago this month I was comotose with Hepatic Encephalopathy,an advanced stage of chirosis of the Liver that allows toxins to travel to the brain.Dr.Wilson has been kind enough to have accepted me as a patient the past few years.Dr.Wilson has been diligently professional but has gone above and beyond in her care and concern with my well-being:medically,emoyionally and personally.I am now on a wait list for a liver transplant.Thank you Doctor Wilson for all that you have done for me. Cliff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2009

Dr. Wilson was extraordinarily unhelpful with my concerns. While she ran all of the tests I expected, she treated me as though my issue was entirely 'in my head'. I felt like I was dismissed entirely. I have since consulted with another physician who is more empathetic and willing to get to the bottom of my illness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Dr Wilson was very helpful as was her staff. Megan is a wonderful receptionist but the other girl, I forget her name, is miserable. When a patient is sick, they feel dependent and sometimes desperate. I was completely offended to have to listen to her complain about being on the phone with me for 15 minutes and then complain about how much work is on her desk.Dr Wilson, listened to me for a long time and was very thorough in her exam. I left her office feeling well looked after. When I called for a second appointment, I was told I was discharged. No one told me that. It is unfortunate that her secretary was so harsh on the phone.Perhaps she should not ask so many questions if she is not prepared for answers that last longer than yes or no. It is time for Ontario to do something to improve service in healthcare. We do not tolerate this type of service in other areas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

I saw Janet a few years back.It’s like it was yesterday.I refer to her by her first name due to the fact I believe she does not fit the title of a Doctor.I was referred to her by a family physician. I went into her office with the intentions of her helping me. My initial complaint was a back injury that I suffered in a MVA.I found her very rude with me.She spoke to me as though all my symptoms where in my head. She informed me that there was “nothing that could be done to help me”.I was very teary with her. Her comment to me upon leaving her practice was.“What would you do if you had cancer” (What kind of DR. says that to a patient?)I took that as my back issue was not an issue at all. She had NO Compassion what’s so ever. I guess she figured I was young and couldn’t be in as much pain as I was.I immediately called my referring physician and notified him of the outcome of the appt.I would never ever in a million years refer her to anyone. In fact I strongly suggest looking elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2009

Dr. Wilson has truely been the answer to my prayers. She diagnosed me right away, where several other docrors had no idea what was wrong. She was so easy to talk to, and listened as though I was her only patient!!! I left her office with an answer that I had been searching 2 months for. She is the greatest doctor I have ever seen; The kind that you think are only on tv!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2007

Dr. Wilson is a very personable doctor, approachable, and concerned with the whole person,not just a liver or a heart! She listens to concerns, asks thought-provoking questions, and keeps me up to date on results, tests needed, etc. I have found her to be very easy to talk to, and she is thorough in her investigations, tests as well as physical exams. Janet was fine with my husband sitting in for a number of appointments when I was quite sick, and included him in the discussions. Her office is spotless, her staff wonderful and organized, appointments given within a reasonable time frame, follow-up is done in a timely manner. I have no complaints and all kudos for this professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1699014].votes_count ]]