Dr. Jan E. Mathisen

Dr. Jan E. Mathisen

Rate Dr. Jan E. Mathisen

Dr. Jan E. Mathisen's Ratings

He made us feel very relaxed and at ease during our visit with him. He listened to our concerns, did not rush us and once he listened to us he immediately suggested a plan of action to treat my son. He sent us to Children's Hospital and he even got us set up to be admitted so we could do the tests to help find out what was going on. While we have only had one visit so far, I just wanted to say how pleased I am with how helpful and understanding he was to us and eased our nervousness. Even though we live nearly 3 hours away he is well worth the drive and hopefully we can get my son back on track!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr.Mathisen is great my daughter which is nine has dystonia. Diaganosed her when she was 7. My daugher has had some issues as we go on and she is growing but he has made the right decisions everytime. He is very patient and understanding even when he probably thinks I might be crazy but he listens to your concerns. Not many doctors in Alabama will address dystonia with children and he has done great.

Submitted May 18, 2010 | flag

He has changed our lives. Our daughter has been seizure free since our 1st visit with him 1 year ago, he diagnosed her with JME and changed her meds. She is active in sports and honor roll in high school. He takes time and is not in a rush like alot of docs seem to be now. He is very patient and answers any questions we may have and even has answers for a few questions we have not thought about yet. I just wish he was still with St.Vincents Hospital, i have had problems with Childrens Hospital billing depts. But we will follow him where ever he goes. You can't put a price on how he has changed our daughters life.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2007 | flag

Dr. Mathisen was the only doctor that could find the source of my son's ear pain. He was so kind to us after we had been emotionally abused by the ear nose and throat dr. that botched his surgery and would not correct his mistake.

Submitted July 7, 2007 | flag

Dr. Mathisen is very knowledgeable with Austistic spectrum disorders, and has helped my 14 year old daughter reduce anxiety symptoms, so she can organize her thoughts and get through her schoolwork and day.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2006 | flag

He is absolutely the best! My son had been to another pediatric neurologist that misdiagnosed him and prescribed medicine that made him much worse. Dr. Mathisen thoroughly evaluated my son and took him off the medicine. He is doing so much better!

Submitted July 26, 2006 | flag

Dr. Mathisen is a blessing! My seizures got very bad for a period of about 3 years, and then quit for about 10 months. After that, they started again and I was 100% CONFIDENT that I would never drive or do several other things that my peers could do. I was embarrassed and ashamed of my health problem, especially since I didn't understand it and several other people didn't either, and my life didn't feel normal.But ever since Dr. Mathisen became my doctor, I have been COMPLETELY SEIZURE FREE!!!!!! :)

Submitted Jan. 23, 2005 | flag