Rate Dr. Richard Fedorak

Dr. Richard Fedorak's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Fedorak for the last several months. He is always kind, considerate and incredibly helpful with my Crohn's disease. He was able to make the diagnosis and get me back to work and school. His nurses and the residents that I saw along the way are also fantastic.
This is an incredible doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2554009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2014

I have seen Dr Fedorak since he diagnosed me in 2005 at 17 years old. He is straight forward and honest and always helps in any way he can. He tells you what he expects of you so that he can help you get and stay healthy he expects that you take responsibility for your health. I think his approach is wonderful. He cares enough about you that he wants you to care about yourself. He has gotten me last minute appointments (with him and for other exams) when he is worried about results he has gotten. I have lived in southern Alberta for the last 5 years now and still see him instead of finding a local GE. His nursing and reception staff have always been very kind and helpful as well. Great clinic. Great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Fedorak's for many years, and so I've cut him a lot of slack, but my last visit with him early 2013 went horribly. Had I been seeing him for the first time, I would have lodged a formal complaint, but I chalked it up to him having a bad day. He was completely belligerent and unprofessional. He called me "old and difficult," and when I replied that he was "rude," the nurse said "well, he called the patient before you fat." Fedorak thought that was funny. I was appalled. He threw his hands up and said "no drugs work for you." At which point the nurse reminded him that I'd only ever tried one biologic. He spent the appointment confusedly shuffling back and forth through notes and blankly staring at me. Anyway, I recently saw Dr. Bernard in his stead -- what a wonderful, kind doctor who has not lost his human touch and who is willing to work with patients. I wish I could see Dr. Bernard all the time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

Although Dr. Fedorak might be a good teacher, he is only an okay doctor with especially horrible bedside manner. He is verbally uncaring and abrupted. After he admitted me to hospital I only saw him once, they hadn't figured out what was wrong yet, so he practically told me to diagnosis myself because he thought I was lying or something. Then after the ward doctor figured out the problem, Fedorak refused to accept the diagnosis even though the shoe fit. Finally durring my follow up with him he treated me as if it was our first meeting and asked how this all started, then he started flipping through my chart, and making comment like he had no idea all these tests had been done. Then he threw the diagnosis out the window because apparently I would be fixed if it were that, BUT he hadn't even asked if I was doing better. It was unbelievably frustrating. He might know his stuff, but WOW he had an odd way of showing it. And don't get me started on the stupid email system they have :-P

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2012

Dr. Fedorak's ability to listen, understand and "speak into" my situation with Crohn's disease is absolutely amazing. I see an average of six specialists annually and no matter where I go Dr. Fedorak is highly revered and respected. His knowledge and involvement in bowel related illness is unparalleled. He has been / continues to be a blessing to me, my wife and our four children. I would highly recommend Dr. Fedorak to anyone suffering from Crohn's or other bowel related issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

I was 27 getting tested for cancer because of family history, fear is my middle name when it comes to pain! seeing people in my family die and fight to live is what got me to go in. Dr F and his staff seemed to understand this fear and fear of being there! They spoke to me and helped me understand this whole thing. I woke up and 20 mins later I was drinking a tea and left to go shopping. Worth it! I have no cancer and know it! I go back every 5 years now and as long as I have dr f I am sure all will go well! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GET IT CHECKED!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!I AM ALIVE BECUASE OF HIM, has been my doc for 17yrs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702230].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2011

I have not even met Dr. Fedorak but having been through test for five years, '70-'75, finally getting diagnosis in '75 I can tell you that I have found over the last 40 years that specialists are the clinicians and scientists and I gladly give up bedside manner for knowledge and research. I was priveleged to be a "learning patient" for resident doctors at St. Paul's hospital as I had all the goodies inc. severe malnutrition, fistula leading to my labia , was 92 lbs & could barely walk... never mind the extremely painful hemmorhoids. My surgeon's manner was the same as mentioned @ this website but I have to say it was his knowledge, not sensitivity, that literally saved my life. I ended up needing an ileostomy and would have died without it. Unfortunately because of moving around BC I nave not had ongoing followup since& only been treated on crisis basis, seeing an internist vs gastro. due to my location. I just had 1 wk hospital stay and lood forward to appt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I have Crohn's Disease as well. Dr. Fedorak has reduced me to tears when I was really sick. He truly does care, but his bedside manner could improve dramatically. He is however, very knowledgeable, and knows what works and what doesn't. Dr. Wong, however needs to go back to school!! Useless is the best word for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

He is an excellent doctor but spends way too much of his time on research. Excellent docs like him should have more patient time. I have participated in a number of studies for him and realize that studies are important but he does need to realize that his patients are people, not numbers. I switched from Dr. Dielman to Dr. Fedorak and have never looked back. He does need to switch partners however, Dr. Wong is as useless as bad toilet paper.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1702227].votes_count ]]