Rate Dr. Robert Gabriel

Dr. Robert Gabriel's Ratings

Dr G has been my doctor since he took over from Dr Philips and I think ,except for punctuality,he is great. Like all doctors in this socialized medical system we have, he is overworked which probably accounts for some of the few negative remarks, he has received. But a more caring, conscientious physician you could not ask for, (e.g.: he even calls me in Florida to update me), and I think he keeps up tp date,and if he thinks you should see a specialist he refers you.HIs receptionist also great. A+ on both counts

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

I have been with Dr. Gabriel since he took over for Dr. Phillips as well. Any time I have had a question or concern he always addresses it or sends me to a specialist. I have never had a bad experience and I find him to be really knowledgeable about different conditions. I don't really understand why people below have called him stupid however maybe they should try a different doctor so they will realize the quality of care they are receiving. The only problem is he is usually late but I do believe it's because he is thorough and does take many questions instead of one like mentioned below. Which just to let you know 1 question per appointment is pretty standard across the board. BTW he had only had 3 receptionist since I have been there over the last 2 decades.... Sorry if you have had a bad experience but maybe it's not his fault. I would recommend Dr. Gabriel to everyone and trust him with my health.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2013

Been my doctor for several years. Only thing to knock is punctuality. But status quo for all doctors. Other than specialists I've yet in my lifetime ever heard of a GP on time. Whats important to me is this GP has hospital privalages which in an emergency is very important. Recent health issues I've had allowed faster access to specialists because he directly interfaced with the right people prior to starting his normal workday. He visited me in the morning and evening at the hospital at the beginning and end of the day to make sure I was ok and required testing was done. Try and find that in a GP these days.....which is why I keep him as my doctor despite me living an hour away. Staff are very friendly and willing to help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

My family members and myself have been patients with Dr. Gabriel since he took over years ago for Dr. Phillips. When he first took over, he was a great doctor. But as time as passed he has become not only stupid, but completely useless. He is the only doctor I know that has reception call you saying he wants to see you, and the first thing out of his mouth when you get there is why are you here? Or the best is when I get, oh well what do you think we should do about it? You are the doctor! Not me. There have been many times members have been in the hospital for extended periods of time. He does come in to check on them, but when asked a question the response is "oh let me go look into it, and i will come right back", 2 days later you are still waiting for his return! His receptionist changes more often than should be, so there is never a proper relationship set, because you always have to re-explain everything everytime you call! Definitely time to find a new family physician ASAP!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1703308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2013

Dr Gabriel has been my physician for over 10 years, and has always been fully on top of my health status, providing insightful and helpful counsel ongoing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2012

I started using Dr.Gabriel when I got married 5 years ago, as he has been. Y husband's family doctor for over 10 years. When my mother-in-law developed lung cancer, he became super caring. He made numerous house calls when she became too sick to go to him, and when she passed away, he was very concerned about the mental and emotional well-being of the whole family. Yes, his office can run a little slow, but it is only because he cares. Yes he seems a little uncomfortable with certain lady issues, such as a yearly apps ear, however he will always refer you to the best of the best if he cannot help you. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. It is not always easy to get in for a last minute appointment, but the receptionist will always ask why you need the appointment, forward the information to Doctor Gabriel, and will let you know what to do next. There have been many times that he has stayed late or squeezed me in between appointments when my kids are sick.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2012

Cela a commencé par un malaise dans la jambe pouvant être causé par le nerf siatique et après plusieurs tests cela cèst avéré être un cancer du poumon. Le Docteur Gabriel a fait tous les efforts dans la mesure de son possible pour diagnostiquer la maladie. Maintenant, j'en suit à l'étape suivante...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I have had many doctors since my son's accidental death. They were unable to be empathetic and aware of grief. Dr. Gabriel has taken precious minutes to talk with me when he thought I needed to talk and he is always caring and observant. Both my husband and I feel well cared for. He is more like a country doctor, interested in the person in a holistic way. Because he takes time, waiting is sometimes necessary for he might have had a serious hospital case that morning. You have to realize that you are not his only patient and bring a book and wait. Just think of how much he is giving to so many people and that you are blessed if he is your doctor! We have always been referred to excellent specialists when needed and hear about any problematic test results quickly. He is an asset to the medical profession in our opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Gabriel took over another doctor's practice many years ago and turned it into an assembly line vs. a practice with some personal touch. Even with the multiple exam rooms I would call to find out how late he was running - usually a minimum of 90 minutes- and arrive accordingly and still could wait an hour. He was knowledgeable but I found early on that I had to control my agenda and not let him otherwise things got lost in the shuffle to rush me out. When he worked with the previous doctor he was known for his patient work with elderly folks.I think Bob is motivated by money and tried to see far too many patients and won't recruit an associate to reduce the load he has taken on. He is a good basic doctor with some admin issues. My new doctor is a contrast in styles for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703300].votes_count ]]