Rate Dr. Andries N. Botha

Dr. Andries N. Botha's Ratings

Cares a great deal about his patient. Fast tracks testing when it is needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr Botha was my fathers doctor for the Better part of two decades and was always helpful and concerned on his well being. Very empathetic and to the point! As far as the "pill pushing" accusations, I disagree. You people do know that you have the option of declining the medication and inquiring about other coping methods right? Dr Botha has also been my family Dr since I was about 5 years old (I am now 26) and he has shown empathy, concern, patience and wonderful bed side manner! Residing in edmonton upsets me greatly because I no longer has access to such a wonderful practitioner. WONDERFUL doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Not impressed with his bedside manner concerning the eldery. Not thourgh

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

My husband fell and had to see Dr. Botha in emergency. They took x-rays and he told him after looking at it that there was nothing wrong with him. During the what should have been examination and question asking about how he fell..how far he fell..did he fall on anything..did he loose consciousness. He never asked him anything? not one question??Never once did he care that my husband was finding it very hard to breathe! We left there and he was told to take it easy? After 2 more horrible days at home we decided to send the SAME xrays to a different doctor..well not to our surprise he was told he had 4 fractured ribs and a punctured lung!! Do not go to this doctor if you can help it!! Your life may depend on it...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2012

I give Dr. Botha a big 5/5! I have seen him on and off since he came to Canada around '94?. I have been put under the knife twice by him, once for tonsils. He is a great Surgeon. I could never find a permanent Dr. after moving from Grimshaw. And now, I travel an hour to see him. My son thinks he's great. He is BLUNT. I love that. I hate Dr.'s that dont give their honest medical/personal opinion. I don't know what I will do if he retires :( And if you are fat, yes he will tell you. You should be happy he tells you, because other dr.'s won't even address the issue unless you bring it up. He cares about the health of his patients. I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO HAVE DR.A.BOTHA AS MY FAMILY DOCTOR!!!!!!!I rate Dr. Botha's Staff 5/5. Soooo Nice :) Punctuality 5/5. When he is not on time-off he is always easy to catch at the hospital/clinic. 5/5 Helpful. 5/5 Knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2010

He is not very helpful allways in a hurry in allways on Vacation or last baby due date He was on vacation did not let anybody know. not an other baby at this doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2010

GREAT FAMILY DOCTOR.TELLS YOU LIKE IT IS,IF YOUR FAT YOUR FAT,DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT,BESIDE MANOR IS A LITTLE BLUNT BUT HE'S RIGHT,DO YOU WANT A DOCTOR TO LIE TO YOU OR TELL YOU THE TRUTH.HE IS GREAT WITH MY KIDS.I LIKE THAT HE IS AN ADVENTURIST,MAYBE THATS WHY HE HAS BEEN IN OUR COMMUNITY FOR 14 YEARS,HOW MANY OTHER DOCTORS LIVE AND INTERACT WITHIN THE COMMUNITY.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE,THANKS DR.BOTHA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2010

Fantastic Doctor. Genuinely cares for all of his patients and makes you feel as though no question is silly or stupid. A trusted Dr. for the whole family, he makes me and my children feel safe and well cared for. An assest to our community and health care system!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2010

Amazing doctor!! Many patients in our community are just igorant...small town minds who don't know what they're talking about. He's been my doctor and my kids doctors since they were born...incredible!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2010

prescription pusher-not knowledgeable about medicines and interactions on patient's body. does not seem to care about side effects of medicines on patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1703860].votes_count ]]