Rate Dr. Deepak Gupta

Dr. Deepak Gupta's Ratings

Very unprofessional, vindictive...with long story, I can write a book with my experience with this doctor. He request blood work which I had to pay over $330.00 and even after 1 years he did not follow up with me,.. ignoring my family doctor 3 requests for follow up. He should not practice medicine in this country. PS to mention that he book scheduled me for surgery and after 24 hours with out eating and drinking water and putting up a bid show in the Newmarket hospital he came and told me that I need to reschedule the surgery ...with the follow up surgery ...you don't want to know my experience with his medical ethics(sorry he don't have that at all)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

My son was diagnosed via U/S by a U/S dr and our GP with TOS. We were referred to DrG for confirmation and treatment. His office ran 4 sets of U/S before he even saw the patient. He ruled out the previous diagnosis based on his lab's U/S and said he didn't know what was turning our son's hands blue; sent us to a dermatologist(?). I realize now that the tests performed at his office were not done correctly for the condition he has (and he should have ordered a MRI). There seems to be a real disconnect between the doctor and his lab. My son was fortunate that our GP wouldn't take this 'botched'diagnosis and we got him into another hospital. He schedule for corrective surgery (removal of extra ribs) for his anterial/venous thoracic outlet syndrome. Thanks for wasting a year and risking my 12 yr old to aneurysm and DVT. If you have a choice see anyone else or at least get another opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2012

This doctor saved my life. I had an obstructed bowel which was a complication following surgery. This man arrived in my room every morning for almost two weeks watching my blood for any septic traces, hoping not to have to do surgery again. Luckily the bowel corrected itself. Nobody in this world is perfect and I do not expect perfection, but Dr. Gupta was so very compassionate and caring, I feel very blessed to have been taken care by him and his staff. Thank you for everything!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704461].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2012

Not at all impressed with Gupta, who was very disinterested in symptoms caused by blocked artery, as well as the blocked artery itself. Am going to a specialist in Toronto, where they know what they're doing to have the artery repaired before suffering a stroke (Gupta waits until after a stroke before doing repairs - shocking!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2012

My experience with Dr.Gupta still makes me shutter today, i was sent to emerg by my GP with a note to test for appendicitis, also my gp suggested i go to lab first and take a stool sample in, which i did. Dr. Gupta was on call in emerg that day, i had an ultrasound which indicated appendicitis, Dr. Gupta waited three days before he did surgery,the first thing he told me was that he did the surgery before my appendix ruptured. I was sent home, only to return three days later, Dr.Gupta was on holidays and thankfully i was taken care of by other physicians, WHO TOLD ME MY APPENDIX HAD RUPTURED AND I HAD A 10 CM ABCESS IN MY ABDOMIN. Stayed 3 wks in hospital almost died and also got salmonella, stool sample which hospital took on my second stay confirmed that, the health department was calling my home to advise me, i was in hospital at this point, DR. GUPTA DID NOT INFORM ME AND LIED ABT THE RUPTURED APPENDIX, overall horrible nasty bedside manner he has a god complex.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2012

Dr. Gupta performed surgery on my Grandmother on a Sunday morning, on his day off. He greeted her with no chart in his hand, and took the time to answer any questions or concerns she had, or we had as her family. He was gentle, sincere and treated her with dignity. Her recovery from surgery was speedy and she healed beautifully. Cannot recommend him enough!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2010

The greatest doctor to keep us informed and his manner was so kind. Kept in touch after surgery by visits and phone calls

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2010

What can I say About Dr Gupta. My wife almost died from a perforated bowl, she became septic. If it was not for this man operating on her, she would have been dead. He saved her life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2010

I am a health care executive and have worked with many physicians. As a patient, I have always found Dr. Gupta to be knowledgeable, professional, kind and very customer focused. His office assistant Patti, is also very professional, pleasant and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

He misdiagnosed me, told me nothing showed up on an MRI (which actually showed several gallstones), sent me home from the hospital (after 11 days in pain),told me to see my OBGYN as it was probably a "female problem". My OBGYN secretary pulled my hospital info and found the gallstones written in the report. I was sent back to the hospital. Gupta removed my gallbladder and sent me home, refusing to write a prescription despite, as the nurses clearly indicated, an infection was already visible at the bellybutton (exit site). Two days later, when I could get into my doctor's, I was rushed back to hospital by ambulance. B.P. 70/49, massive infection. I.V. antibiotics and, again, sent home. Two days later, after ultrasound, belly exploded, sent to emerg. Another surgery. In hospital 5 days. Sent home. Infection continued. Almost 3 months of St. Elizabeth nursing care was the only thing that saved my life. All that time Dr. Gupta refused to see me. Complaints to hospital netted no action.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1704455].votes_count ]]