Rate Dr. Sonja Pienaar

Dr. Sonja Pienaar's Ratings

Dr Pienaar has been my family physician for the past 10 years and is very kind, intelligent, knowledgable, patient, and thorough. Very pleased.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

I like her. I think she does a great job, listens well and we have never had an issue. I dont find her wishy washy at all. Sometimes, wishy washy out gets wishy washy in - maybe oyu need to look in the mirror and ask yourself, is it me, or her?

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

I would not recommend this doctor. She is wishie/washie. I would be extremely concerned if I had a serious medical issure and hoped it would be dealt with by Dr. Pienaar. Unfortunately it is hard to find a family doctor in Calgary, but I am trying to find a new doctor. Not only is the doctor not helpful or knowledgeble, but I called for an appointment due to an ear infection by hear aid provider had noted, and was told I would have to wait two weeks to get into Dr. Pienaar and I could not see anyone else in this clinic. I wonder why emergency departments, ungent care are backed up.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag

Dr. Pienaar is fantastic! She has a warm and caring bedside manner and is thorough with all assessments. When it comes to GPs, she is top notch.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

Run, run, run as fast as you can away from this doctor. If you have a somewhat mild medical history she wants nothing to do with you. I found her to be rude and condenscending. I had a procedure done in her office and as a result I got a infection that I am still bothered with today. She will not even discuss other options and often says "Well it is a result of this." and effectively closes the door of communication. I was not impressed. My stress level has been greatly reduced after I found another doctor.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

She is very undependable and leaves location without any warning. I was stranded for months without a doctor and could have been notified. Thank goodness for other great doctors!

Submitted Feb. 25, 2010 | flag

She's been my doctor for 5 years and I've never had a problem with her. Has always been pleasant to talk to and takes excellent care of all the concerns I may have. I have several ongoing health problems and she's helped greatly. Never wasted tax dollars by ordering unnecessary tests and will try to solve problems without over medicating. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to see her although now with walk-in hours being cut, I do have to make an appointment which can take awhile to get in (unless it's a serious problem). Overall, she's the best doctor I've had.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2010 | flag

I can always get into see Dr Pienaar as soon as I need to if the problem is serious enough; she never rushes me, very kind, very knowledgeable, happy to engage in discussion regarding possible treatment with pros ands cons perhaps referrals/medications. I have worked and lived all over the country and have seen my share of doctors and she is one of the better ones and I feel like I have won the lottery by having her as my personal physician. People complain that she is not on time and that they have to wait. Yes, that can happen, well remember that she takes time with you? That means because she has time for you, she has time for others, which means others end up waiting as well...PLAN AHEAD, PHONE AHEAD PEOPLE, to see if she is "ON SCHEDULE", and adjust yours accordingly;example, if she is running 45 minutes behind, you come 45 minutes later, better that than complain isn't it? She's a good doc, you don't realize how good you got it until you don't; I hope I never see that day.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2010 | flag

Empathetic and helpful. Never hurries you out of the office.

Submitted May 4, 2009 | flag

I have always found that she is thorough, empathetic,knowledgeable, & takes the time to listen and if she is running behind on appt times that is likely why... I sometimes phone ahead to see if she is running behind so that I can adjust my appt time accordingly. I think her staff is amazing, always pleasant and polite! I am always able to get into see Dr Pienaar when I need to. I think she is an awesome Doc!

Submitted April 9, 2009 | flag