Rate Dr. Seymour Blum

Dr. Seymour Blum's Ratings

ThE WORST DOCTOR EXPERIENCE in my lifetime!Did not honour my prerequisite conditions & appointment & for non emergency issues ,he kept me waiting on a stretcher in the hall for long periods , evaded & or ignored my medical pre schedule list & meds, after taking me finally into his (jgh) procedural room, he engaged & occupied himself with computer new programs for a long period of time,which surely should & could have waited until after my medical internal, of course i was long non eating & other preexisting prestated & prelisted problems including my meds & shakes ,when i questioned how much longer before he takes me ,he stated & questioned if i am really a patient of his? i had seen & spoken with him at least three times & quite recent ,he then proceeded to non medicate me which is standard & created such unbefore ever experience ,that the whole floor heard my severe screaming , i suffered greatly ,before & after, i must state clearly however all other Drs i have ever had were excelle

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2453493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Total waste of time and energy. Went to talk to him about my celiac disease, chemical sensitivity, concomitant IBS, and malabsorbtion. He was not interested in talking, insisted on colonoscopy. Very long wait for hospital, several months. Once there I wrote clearly "allergic to anaesthetics. Very bad reaction." Colonoscopy very painful. I was awake and asked him to stop; he laughed and kept going. Afterward had reaction to anaesthetic (even though it didn't work). Low oxygen, not breathing. Staff didn't do anything practical like mask, just left oxygen monitor screaming in my ear and yelled at me "Wake up!". Finally got sat up and staff tried to get me out so they could leave. I said I couldn't. Finally someone asked if I was unwell (!!!) I said yes. She said I should have told them. (WTF?) I said "what did you THINK I meant by "bad reaction"??" Weeks later back at doctor. He said diverticulitis, eat more fiber. Out the door in under 5 min. DO NOT SEE THIS GUY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Staff are the face and representative of the doctor(s), there to provide a service, not a disservice. It's harder to find civility these days so I choose to support it where I find it. Despite the fact that my apt. is 5 minutes walking distance from this clinic and the Jewish General, I chose to go to a private clinic on the West Island to have my colonoscopy because the doctor who performed my previous one at the Jewish General had a clinic there and when I called, the staff were courteous, helpful, kind and very professional and approachable, as is my doctor. Prior comments on this site suggest I'm not the only one who feels this way about the staff member who I went through to get my appt. with Dr. Blum. If I have to go thru an employee and be subjected to inappropriate and unprofessional behavior in order to see my doctor, I will reconsider my options. I cancelled my appt. This clinic needs an attitude adjustment. Therefore I cannot comment on Dr. Blum other than his staff choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705595].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

We managed to secure an appointment with Dr. Blum very quickly (in his private office.) It seems his secretary has her nicer days and her other days, but that's the story with medical secretaries. Dr. Blum is very pleasant, has a nice bedside manner and he put our worries to rest. My husband had his colonoscopy done by Dr. Blum at the JGH several years ago. Again, Dr. Blum was very professional and pleasant throughout. My husband felt well taken care of. Our family continues to be loyal patients of Dr. Blum and would recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

Dr. Blum was great when I was in a crisis, but afterwards not so much. At the time I had no knowledge of Crohn's disease and itched to know more about what was happening to me...Dr.Blum was not the answer. His solution was remicade, remicade, remicade, even after 4 years of it never working. I'd ask a question, his classic answer "Don't worry about that now." The only time I ever got any information out of him was when I did intense research on the disease and asked questions using the correct medical terminology. He even claimed that I could not get a colonoscopy done through the hospital and insisted I have it done at his office...at a charge of course. In his younger days I'm sure he was a good doctor, but now it may be time to retire. Luckily, I met a new GI during a trip to the ER, haven't looked back since.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

Found another doctor, don't waste time with this one, HE made the most painful colonoscopy, I was in pain for two days after. found nothing after one year of waiting and yes like others said, has a terrible actittude towards me as patience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Blum has one of the worst bedside manners I have ever experienced. He lacks compassion and caring and refuses to stay up to date on the latest developments in Crohns and colitis - I routinely left his office in tears. If it were up to Dr. Blum I would no longer have a colon. He refuses to admit when he is out of his league. Also, unless you're on her good side, Dr. Blum's secretary is rude, impatient, and dismissive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

La secrétaire du Dr. Blum aurait besoin d'un formation en service à la clientèle. Je rarement vu une personne aussi peu accueillante et avenante avec les patients. Les deux fois que je lui ai parlé au téléphone avant mon rendez-vous j'ai eu l'impression de la déranger. Elle n'ai vraiment pas l'air d'aimer son travail. J'ai finalement décidé de prendre mon rendez-vous ailleur. Lorsqu'on s'apprête à payer 650$ pour un examen, on devrait avoir droit à un bon service...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

A réussi la première coloscopie, et j'ai reçu diagnostique : colite ulcéreuse. seconde coloscopie: (3 ans après) réussi à demi, car l'intestin ne s'était pas bien vidé, résultat tout semblait normal. la 3e sera faite en 2014 - explique bien ce qu'il nous montre sur l'image. bon rapport. merci de me parler en français, c'est grandement apprécié.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Excellent bedside manner. Explains everything in a language that we understand. Always on time. Makes the patient feel comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1705588].votes_count ]]