You may also like

Rate Dr. Jan M. Slomba

Dr. Jan M. Slomba's Ratings

After 15-years of Pain Management for severe Myasthenia Gravis with Hyperthymusism (almost no meds work and it took over a dozen doctors until Dr. Slomba realized I had Hyperthymusism and that's NOT even his field), Degenerative Disk Disease (5 ruptured disks all w/nerve damage) and Fibromyalgia, I finally found Dr. Slomba in 2010. He is BY FAR the best doctor I have ever seen or worked with after 16-years as a medical professional myself before I became so ill. We respected each other which is a VERY rare patient/doctor relationship and the best for truly optimum healthcare. Only truly humble doctors can respect any patient.
The only negative thing I can say is that he pends a little too much time with each patient, but if the hospitals he worked in used him for only their sickest patients (which he serves the best), then he'd have the time he needed to treat the sickest patients as they should be treated!

If Obamacare didn't ruin nearly every hospital and great doctor- I would have had Dr. Slomba as my doctor until I died. But many factors out of Dr. Slomba's hands made that impossible in mid-2015.
ANYONE who says anything different about Dr. Slomba (like anything ridiculously negative with NO NAME) has ulterior motives as he was put in a position the leave the hospital he worked at for many years and they are trying to steal his patients and not let his patients make up their own minds as to where they want ton continue their care which is as shameful as you can get!
I put my full name on all my posts because I fear nothing because I NEVER lie or exaggerate, especially exposing the TRUTH when cowards post lies!

James McCay

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I have been with Dr. Slomba for about 14 YEARS APPROXIMATELY since he arrived at Beth Israel I never like to start with a new doctor but I was referred to the clinic. When I saw him I instantly had a feeling he would be good for me I am a high strung person and was afraid of everything. I could not walk and was in excruciating pain when I saw him. He is a calm compassionate caring doctor and takes the time to listen and help you. I see him every month even after 14 years. Through his treatment I was able to get back to my old self and able to walk pain free. Words cannot describe how good he is. I would follow him anywhere he goes and cannot imagine my life without him, I was a younger female in my early 30's when I first saw him and as I said was in severe pain. For a long time I was not my happy self until I was treated by him. Little by little through visits and treatment he was able to get my life back the way it was before I was ill. He is a down to earth doctor with no heirs because he is a doctor I REGARD HIM AS THE BEST DOCTOR THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME WALK LIKE I DID 15 YEARS AGO HE IS AMAZING AND DEDICATED I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR VERY VERY HIGHLY I DO NOT THINK THERE IS ANOTHER DOCTOR WHO COULD EVER REPLACE HIM EXCELLENT EXCELLENT DOCTOR I have seen through the years how his practice has grown so that should say something

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Slomba is the best doctor I have seen so far. He understands the patient and compassionate. He gives best care to patients despite all challenges in his new practice. Loved his new office and setup.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I started seeing him 1 month after he became attending under Portenoy. I would have to rate him as excellent all around. He has changed and I do expect this will begin showing up under his reviews. I still want to believe he is just naive at running a private office, but I'm not sure any more. Saw him over a decade but since Mt Sinai took over BI he has changed. Running down the new BI and I didn't like the changes either. Finally in Dec lures me to his new private practice and says BI is closing. Then he tries to shake me down $50.00 to renew a script. Never in my life has any dr ever charged me to renew a script. Then he gives this story how his BI paitients are getting a discount to $35.00 to renew a script if you join this online thing. What he doesn't tell you is it is $120/year to join this thing. So in reality $10/month + the $35.00 is $45.00 a big 5 buck savings. And just to say it again Never in my life have I or have I ever heard of a doctor charging anything to write a renewal script. On top of this he takes Medicare on assignment, right. I am sure we all will be hearing more about this unless he gets rid of whoever is giving him this advice. Oh the online thing he wants you to join advertises "New income stream for doctors". He just is not the same guy any more.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2726376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Jan Slomba for 2 years. He is very knowledgeable and listens to his patients! I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Dr. Slomba is truly a Great Doctor. I am so grateful to have him as my pain management doctor. Prior to his care I was incapacitated by pain and migraines from a multivehicle car accident in which I was a passenger. The treatment he has provided has significantly improved the quality of my life! He is knowledgable, caring, and compassionate. Thank you Dr. Slomba!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr slomba takes time to explain why u have the pain and what he is going to do to help you when he give u epidurals, facet joint or radio frequency injections he is gentle and explains the whole process. His medical staff I'd excellent. His admin staff leaves a lot to b desired

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Slomba is the best doctor I have ever had. There is almost no describing his knowledge, his thoughtfulness, his lovely communication style in a manner that does him justice. He inspires confidence as someone who knows exactly what he is doing. After four years of going to doctors who couldn't tell me why I was in the pain I was in, he took one look at my MRI and could tell me! I left his office angry and relieved -- angry at all of the other doctors who treated me like either a drug addict or a hysterical female and relieved because I finally knew what was wrong. He is an absolute gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Slomba since feb.2009, After my left total hip replacement. I am and will continue to see him after my Right total hip replacement. since my treatment started I have been treated with the utmost respect and the best listening doctor I can ask for. This man really listens to your concerns and allows your input to matter in the final analysis. I am truly lucky to have had my surgeon refer me to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2009

Dr. Slomba is the only doctor I don't mind waitin for. He can be late, but I know it is only because he spends a very long time with his patients. He is the only doctor I have ever seen who takes my insurance and who spent 2 1/2 hours with me during my first visit. As the other reviewers said, he is knowledgeable, compassionate, funny, and is intellectually curious. I have CRPS/RSD and it took me almost 8 months to get to a doctor who knows extensively about the disorder and current treatments. He is an excellent listener and answers all my questions whenever I see him. He also has energy - he seems excited about what he does and thinks carefully about diagnosing and what course of action to take. I have a long medical history and have seen dozens and dozens of doctors. Dr. Slomba is the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2135158].votes_count ]]