Rate Dr. David Reid

Dr. David Reid's Ratings

Can easily get an appointment, even on the same day. appointments are always on time. no issues whatsoever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Has been our family doctor for years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Reid has been my family dr. for 19 years. Also takes care of my 3 kids and husband. Sometimes hard to get through on the phone to make an appt. Nurse is quick to ask you to go to a walk in clinic rather than try to make an appt. Quick to refer to a specialist or for further tests. Very friendly and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone. We are lucky to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1708004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2010

Very nice Dr. I never have issues getting in to see him. He has been our family doctor for 19 years now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1708003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

It is disapointing everytime I need to see him. His receptionist is NEVER there and they don't even take messages. I have to always go in person to get results from exams sent to them, for veery important things!!! For some of my issues I'd rather find out a solution by myself. Positive: He is a kind doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1708002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

David Reid is personable, relaxed and dependable. He was willing to take my family as patients when there were no doctors available. My wife and son have a rare neurological disorder. He not only knew what it was and was able to diagnose it on sight, but he had us into specialists within days.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1708001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2009

If you're going to rant about a Dr not nailing down a 100% diagnosis after you sitting in their office for 60 seconds, then save your keystrokes. Besides, EVERYONE these days (thank you google) thinks they know more than their doc from the second they walk in the door anyway. That being said, Dr. Reid is an EXCELLENT fam doc. He is sometimes quick to prescribe, yet he will refer if he has any doubt about his own diagnosis (as in my case.) Fantastic bedside manner and very community-oriented man. His assistant is terse, but very, very, good and efficient. I can't tell you the number of other Islanders who look at my family with envy that he is our fam doc. Despite some other comments here, he IS very open to your own ideas/thoughts and goes over and above for his patients. If docs have to chug patients through by times, it's because of the system we have. Keep up the great work doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1708000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2009

We (my husband and 2 children)have been going to Dr Reid and Mary-Anne (his regular receptionist) for over ten years. They are wonderful caring people who have helped us through many ups and downs in our family life. We get same-day service on many ocassions when calling about bothersome symtoms. He really wants the best for his patients and has even called me at home after his office had closed to tell me about medications/treatment plans he had looked into regarding a difficult condition I was dealing with. People need to relize that doctors are not gods. They can't cure everything and his assistant can only answer one phone at a time. If you want treatment from people who care Dr Reid is the doctor to visit. Mary-Anne and David have become very important to us over the years. Going to the office is like visiting friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1707999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2009

Poor Diagnosing skills. Unknowledgeable. Doesn't take the time to find out what is wrong. Easily prescribes medications to cover up the problem. Secretary is rude by times. Difficult to get an appointment. Charges $5 to fill prescriptions rather than book you an appointment. Nice guy, just not very bright. You have to make repeated visits before he will look into what is wrong. Hopefully you won't be on your death bed by the time he figures it out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1707998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Poor Service. Prescribes meds rather than find the root of the problem. Pacifier. Overlooks things. you have to suggest things to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1707997].votes_count ]]