Rate Dr. Mohamed Swenia

Dr. Mohamed Swenia's Ratings

Dr. Swenia operated on my wife 12 years ago in Fort McMurray. I've only now discovered this forum, and felt compelled to rate Dr. Swenia, even after all these years. He operated on my wife, and thereby solved a major recurring problem for her. The success of the operation aside, the thing I remember most about him is how so VERY KIND he was to my family and I. We were new to the city at the time, and he was very warm, and welcoming, and frankly, very avuncular. This was comforting considering we were a young couple, undergoing surgery in a strange city, away from the support of our extended family.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2014 | flag

I had a good experience with both Swenia and his staff. Procedure went well and healed perfect.

Submitted July 17, 2013 | flag

The best man i have ever met. Looked after surgeries for both my wife and I. Knowledgeable respectful and very caring individual.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

very human man and surgeon...i highly recommend him to everybody

Submitted Dec. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Swenia is a wonderful doctor. He was my husbands surgeon and from our experience during that period when I had to have surgery, I felt quite confident in having Dr. Swenia perform the procedure. He did a fantastic job. I felt very comfortable with him. He has a great sense of humor and personally because I had a thyroidectomy a plastic surgeon could not have done a better job. The scar is miminal and fading already and my surgery was less than a month ago. I would most certainly recommend him to my friends and family. His staff were courteous and I had very little wait time during all of my visits to his office. As a doctor and surgeon I would I would not hesitate to have him as my surgeon anytime I required one..

Submitted Oct. 12, 2012 | flag

My appointment was cancelled and rescheduled 4 times and I was given no choice of appointment times. The phone number posted online for the Doctor office was incorrect. Once at the office the receptionist was slow and not happy. Then I waited almost two hours to see the doctor where he had nothing informative to say and I had to wait in line to speak with the reception. Terrible experience.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr.Swenia was amazing! I had my gallbladder removed by him 2 weeks ago and I am now back at work and feeling great. From the time of my first ultrasound to diagnose my gallstone to the time I had my gallbladder out was only 1 month! Dr.Swenia made sure to squeeze me in before he left for vacation because my husband and I want to get pregnant sooner rather than later. I would reccommend Dr.Swenia to even my closest family members :)

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

I was first hesitant getting my cholecystectomy done in Fort Mc. However, when I was referred to Dr. Swenia, I gained confidence. He was very thorough with his questions (and answers) and made sure I had all tests needed to prep me for surgery. He saw how nervous I was and did not skimp on humour to make me feel better. Due to my longer-than-normal PTT, he requested full report of its cause(s) from blood specialist and didn't rush until the latter gave me the clearance to undergo surgery. He removed my gall bladder last February 1st and I am now doing well. I feel blessed to have him in the city.

Submitted April 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Swenia is such a wonderful doctor. He removed my gallbladder in 2007. He done an excellent job. I just had two hernia's repaired January 2012. He has done a great job in making this surgery heal as fast as possible. I also agree with the other comments here. He has excellent bed side manors. I would recommend Dr. Swenia to anyone. Thank you Dr. Swenia for for taking care of me. I certainly appreciate it.

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Very good experience with colonoscopy - booked and executed promptly.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2011 | flag