Rate Dr. Ross Leighton

Dr. Ross Leighton's Ratings

Rude, impatient and dangerous. Has a lot of knowledge but still thinks he knows more than he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Not a helpful surgeon, doesn't answer questions thoroughly when asked by patients who haven't had orthopedic surgery. Would be a better physician if he slowed down while talking and talked to the patient instead of at them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr Leighton is not very helpful, doesn't explain surgery in layman's terms. I left my appointment more disheartened and confused than when I arrived. He has a big ego and not enough people skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Dr Leighton screwed up my knee surgery , now it is almost immobile and I cannot work or play with my young children. I should have never trusted him to do the surgery after he said he "wasn't experienced doing that type of surgery". He's an Orthopedic surgeon !!! Why can't he operate on knees ??!! Leighton is a joke , do NOT let him operate on you EVER ! The only good thing about it were the nurses, very hard workers

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

I didnt realize these doctor rating sites even existed until a friend told me. I agree with the patientswho have had bad experiencrs with Dr Ross Leighton as I 've hadbly self centered . He is incredi

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2014

I was operarted on by Dr Leighton for a badly broken leg. I got a raging infection, dr leighton operated on me again and made the infection 10 times worse. I finally got to see a different orthopedic surgeon who did a good job fixing Leighton's mess. My leg will never be the same but the new surgeon helped me to walk with a cane which is very good for me. Stay away from dr leighton if you have a bad fracture or any injury !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr Leighton is a joke, he screwed up 4 of my son's surgeries, was very short tempered with my son & I. I found him to be unprofessional and unskilled. He was " highly" recommended but I fail to understand what all the hoopla is about him. They say he's president of several orthopedic associations and teach at Dal, but I feel he should put spend more time honing his surgical skills and much less time collecting money & gallavanting around the town.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

Dr leighton was 2 hrs late for my appt, did not apologize. his description of my surgery was all medical lingo, I asked hin to explain it in relative terms, he became very rude and showed a bad attititude. I ended up going to another surgeon who had who had a wonderful bedside manner. I don't recommend Dr Leighton unless you want a surgeon who doesn't explain anything and just wants to cut you open.....scary

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

I had a broken toe which he splinted and he said it had to splinted for 4 to 6 weeks. After about 3 weeks I had to come in for a change of dressing on it as it was dirty/stinky now. Instead of just changing the dressing he took the splint off and started bending my 1/2 healed toe !!! I asked him what he was doing, as he had told me himself it need to be immobilzed for 6 weeks and we were only half way through that time frame. He said we don't splint toes anyway ! So he competely went against his own treatment plan and my toe never healed corectly and bothers me to this day. I found him to be very arrogant and he acted like he was better than me. He's probably the worst doctor I've ever seen and I've probably seen 100 in my life. I would never ever recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1709546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Leighton for over 10 years due to an accident that destroyed my left leg. After 5 years of reconstructive surgury and therapy, I walk normally and my leg functions very well! I am very active again and my life has returned to normality! Althought Dr. Leighton and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, in the end, I have nothing but praise for his knowledge and commitment. I wouldn't want another Orthopedic Surgeon to work on my leg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1709545].votes_count ]]