Dr. Ross Leighton

Rate Dr. Ross Leighton

Dr. Ross Leighton's Ratings

Dr leighton was 2 hrs late for my appt, did not apologize. his description of my surgery was all medical lingo, I asked hin to explain it in relative terms, he became very rude and showed a bad attititude. I ended up going to another surgeon who had who had a wonderful bedside manner. I don't recommend Dr Leighton unless you want a surgeon who doesn't explain anything and just wants to cut you open.....scary

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

I had a broken toe which he splinted and he said it had to splinted for 4 to 6 weeks. After about 3 weeks I had to come in for a change of dressing on it as it was dirty/stinky now. Instead of just changing the dressing he took the splint off and started bending my 1/2 healed toe !!! I asked him what he was doing, as he had told me himself it need to be immobilzed for 6 weeks and we were only half way through that time frame. He said we don't splint toes anyway ! So he competely went against his own treatment plan and my toe never healed corectly and bothers me to this day. I found him to be very arrogant and he acted like he was better than me. He's probably the worst doctor I've ever seen and I've probably seen 100 in my life. I would never ever recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Leighton for over 10 years due to an accident that destroyed my left leg. After 5 years of reconstructive surgury and therapy, I walk normally and my leg functions very well! I am very active again and my life has returned to normality! Althought Dr. Leighton and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, in the end, I have nothing but praise for his knowledge and commitment. I wouldn't want another Orthopedic Surgeon to work on my leg.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Leighton has completed 3 knee surgery's so far. 2 HTO's and a TKR on RK. Gave me the Binford 6100 series knee. What a difference in my life. Only 4 weeks out and I have absolutely no pain, Physio cannot believe my RoM. Strength is coming back. Life is good again and looking up. I cannot wait until this gifted surgeon can replace my other knee. Extremely knowledgable, who talks to me, not above me. Wait times in the clinic can be long, but he does not have not much control over that and you have to remember this is Nova Scotia. I am so very grateful to have him as a surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

ecellent surgeon great guy to talk to doesn,t talk down to you. and you got to love those boots. such a real person.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

dr leigthon is an excellent surgeon also treats the patient and family with upmost respect.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2010 | flag

I had a total hip replacement in 1995, it allowed me to keep up with all of my athletic activities except for running. In 2006 I was told I needed to have a revision "now" or I'd have problems later. I didn't ask any questions and had it done. I continued to be in pain and discomfort for 3 years and after repeatedly telling my Ortopede what I was experiencing every time I went in for my check up all he would say was "the x-rays look good". Last August I was in excruciating pain and went to see him again, he said, well guess we'd bette go in and fix it. I was skeptical and wanted another opinion. Thank God I got one and thank God it was Dr Leighton who gave it to me. He x-rayed me using a technique the other guy had not used and it became very clear what my problem was. In Nov I had another revision of the revision and let's just say, I have my life back. Thank you Dr Leighton.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr.Leighton changed my life. He fixed both my bad knees and continues to take very good care of me. When I am in his office, he makes me feel I am the most important patient in the world.

Submitted April 2, 2010 | flag

Dr. Leighton replaced my rt. knee two years ago. He is the very best of the best in my opinion. I would not have anyone else do any ortho procedure on me other than Dr. Leighton. My knee is doing great. I need the left replaced and although I am in terrible pain, I will wait for Dr. Leighton to do this surgery. He is by far, the most informative and caring surgeon. His bedside manner and his caring and genuine concern helped me on the way to recovery. Kudos to you Dr. Leighton.

Submitted March 14, 2010 | flag

Dr. L. can and does fall far behind when he's doing the fracture clinics. That happens - bring a book. But the man explains things to you without talking to do you and has gifted surgical hands.....and you gotta love a guy who wears cowboy boots with metal tips!

Submitted March 5, 2010 | flag