Rate Dr. Ross Leighton

Dr. Ross Leighton's Ratings

Dr Leighton is not very helpful, doesn't explain surgery in layman's terms. I left my appointment more disheartened and confused than when I arrived. He has a big ego and not enough people skills.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

Dr Leighton screwed up my knee surgery , now it is almost immobile and I cannot work or play with my young children. I should have never trusted him to do the surgery after he said he "wasn't experienced doing that type of surgery". He's an Orthopedic surgeon !!! Why can't he operate on knees ??!! Leighton is a joke , do NOT let him operate on you EVER ! The only good thing about it were the nurses, very hard workers

Submitted Sept. 8, 2014 | flag

I didnt realize these doctor rating sites even existed until a friend told me. I agree with the patientswho have had bad experiencrs with Dr Ross Leighton as I 've hadbly self centered . He is incredi

Submitted Sept. 6, 2014 | flag

I was operarted on by Dr Leighton for a badly broken leg. I got a raging infection, dr leighton operated on me again and made the infection 10 times worse. I finally got to see a different orthopedic surgeon who did a good job fixing Leighton's mess. My leg will never be the same but the new surgeon helped me to walk with a cane which is very good for me. Stay away from dr leighton if you have a bad fracture or any injury !!

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014 | flag

Dr Leighton is a joke, he screwed up 4 of my son's surgeries, was very short tempered with my son & I. I found him to be unprofessional and unskilled. He was " highly" recommended but I fail to understand what all the hoopla is about him. They say he's president of several orthopedic associations and teach at Dal, but I feel he should put spend more time honing his surgical skills and much less time collecting money & gallavanting around the town.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr leighton was 2 hrs late for my appt, did not apologize. his description of my surgery was all medical lingo, I asked hin to explain it in relative terms, he became very rude and showed a bad attititude. I ended up going to another surgeon who had who had a wonderful bedside manner. I don't recommend Dr Leighton unless you want a surgeon who doesn't explain anything and just wants to cut you open.....scary

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

I had a broken toe which he splinted and he said it had to splinted for 4 to 6 weeks. After about 3 weeks I had to come in for a change of dressing on it as it was dirty/stinky now. Instead of just changing the dressing he took the splint off and started bending my 1/2 healed toe !!! I asked him what he was doing, as he had told me himself it need to be immobilzed for 6 weeks and we were only half way through that time frame. He said we don't splint toes anyway ! So he competely went against his own treatment plan and my toe never healed corectly and bothers me to this day. I found him to be very arrogant and he acted like he was better than me. He's probably the worst doctor I've ever seen and I've probably seen 100 in my life. I would never ever recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Leighton for over 10 years due to an accident that destroyed my left leg. After 5 years of reconstructive surgury and therapy, I walk normally and my leg functions very well! I am very active again and my life has returned to normality! Althought Dr. Leighton and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, in the end, I have nothing but praise for his knowledge and commitment. I wouldn't want another Orthopedic Surgeon to work on my leg.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Leighton has completed 3 knee surgery's so far. 2 HTO's and a TKR on RK. Gave me the Binford 6100 series knee. What a difference in my life. Only 4 weeks out and I have absolutely no pain, Physio cannot believe my RoM. Strength is coming back. Life is good again and looking up. I cannot wait until this gifted surgeon can replace my other knee. Extremely knowledgable, who talks to me, not above me. Wait times in the clinic can be long, but he does not have not much control over that and you have to remember this is Nova Scotia. I am so very grateful to have him as a surgeon.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2011 | flag

ecellent surgeon great guy to talk to doesn,t talk down to you. and you got to love those boots. such a real person.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag