Rate Dr. Donald Weber

Dr. Donald Weber's Ratings

I saw Brian Day at the Cambie Surgery Centre about my genetic patella femoral disorder which caused pain every time I bent my knees. He told me I was inoperable and that I would end up in a wheelchair. He advised me to lose weight and never bend my knees to delay the inevitable. I was 33 years old. I saw Dr. Weber approximately a year later and did not inform him of this previous diagnosis. He performed a lateral release on my right knee in January and again on my left knee in April. For the first time in over 20 years, I can bend my knees without severe pain. I can climb stairs, I can bend and tie my shoe, I can even run now. Dr. Weber was extremely personable and treated me like a person of value. He explained every step and answered all my questions. He helped me when Manulife refused to pay my second claim. This man is amazing and does amazing work. And he recognizes you are an individual with fears and feelings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2014

Dr. Weber repaired my torn meniscus and removed hardware from a previously broken ankle. Excellent surgeon. No complaints at all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2013

I ruptured my distal bicep tendon at work. I decided to get it re-attatched and went to U of A Hospital Emergency. After waiting for hours, they said that I needed surgery. I met Weber pre-surgery and asked what method he was using. He could not remember the procedure name, and illustrated it on a piece of paper. WTF? It was the suture anchor method. I requested that he use the Endobutton technique, and he refused. 2 weeks later when I got my soft cast removed, weber noticed that my muscle was still in popeye form, he checked to see if the tendon was intact and said it was. I went home & saw it was wrong. I asked it to be checked again, and another doctor determined it was still ruptured. He asked me if weber saw this and looked surprised. After an MRI, I had the proper procedure done and am recovering. I do not recommend this surgeon to do arm surgery, as he botched my arm for life. it's functional, but deformed now. Thanks Weber for using 50 yr old technology on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2013

I had suffered many years and had been abuused by the WCB of Alberta. My Right Knee ACL had been completely torn and the MCL and hamstring was damaged in 2002. I had been abused by the WCB of Alberta for ten years and had only cried out loud into getting a reconstruction. Finally I had seen Dr Weber in March of 2012 and Dr Weber had gone ahead and did the operation in April. It has now been approx, 1 1/2 months and the healing has already made a big difference.I just want to say that if there were more Doctors out there like Dr Weber the world would be a far better place....Thank you Dr. Weber for caring and thank you for the repair you had done so that my daily life style would become a little easier on me.....words are just not enough.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I am a 23 year old athletic male and I saw Dr. Weber once in early February for a ruptured achilles. I decided to go conservative and re-ruptured it May.2nd by slipping. I saw him again to determine if surgery was necessary/available. I wanted to go the surgery route the second time around and to be honest, I wish I did the first time. Dr. Weber is an incredible doctor. Very professional and knowledgeable. The information he gives you is accurate, concise, and well thought out. He is very calm and friendly and you never feel as though you're rushed when you see him. He is an outstanding individual as well as a talented doctor. He has a very friendly demeanor and candor. As a medical student, I certainly admire him and appreciate his work ethics. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Dr. Weber is the best surgeon you will find anywhere. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

this man saved my life, prevented my leg from being lost. he is a human savior.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2011

I felt very confident with Dr. Weber's knowledge on hip surgery. He was careful in determining whether surgery was required or not and took extra precaution with my allergy to nickel. I was in extreme pain before surgery and no pain - just some discomfort - after surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Weber.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

An excellent surgeon who operated on my knee twice. Excellent results

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2008

I fell off a cliff and had broken my back and pelvis in many places and so my arm injuries were prehaps overlooked until I was transfered into the care of Dr. Weber eleven days after the accident. My previous Dr. had "forgotten" about my broken wrist, which it turned out Dr.Weber had to put a steel plate into, to repair the wrist joint problem which he discovered in surgery to remove a bone chip from my broken/dislocated elbow which needed it turned out also needed a screw put in. Great Doctor with a patient bedside manner amidst busy hospital schedules. I really appreciated his work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1713175].votes_count ]]